Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 PM
middleton.walker

Default OT clearing jackdaw`s nest

"La puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

middleton.walker wrote:
ook la la...here we go again.....I wonder who is the bitch of all bitches

I don't know. Why don't you run some bets and become rich?! Then we can
talk again about those French lessons.

The rain has stopped. I really hope for a clear week end. So much to
do! The builders have left me lots of wood - huge planks and all. I'll
be able to do 3 raised beds at least )

Now what would I do with it if I became rich.....as to French lessons....J
had enough of those at school many years back....at one time I was
reasonably fluent in the language...time and lack of use/interest leaves me
with but l'anglais

You could do worse than make raised beds..especially if your land is like
mine...mine is a virtual sand pit left over from the ice age....about one
inch of poor soil above pure sand....in many ways a blessing as the raised
beds allows me to 'create' perfect growing conditions....H

Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
middleton.walker wrote:

Now what would I do with it if I became rich.....as to French lessons....J
had enough of those at school many years back....at one time I was
reasonably fluent in the language...time and lack of use/interest leaves me
with but l'anglais

Yes, but remember that there are French lessons and French lessons.
Make sure that you select a strict disciplinarian.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
La puce

Nick Maclaren wrote:

Yes, but remember that there are French lessons and French lessons.
Make sure that you select a strict disciplinarian.

Preferably wearing wellies and holding a willow stick.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . com
from "La puce" contains these words:
middleton.walker wrote:
Still, I'd be too happy to help anyone practice its French )

I think I could use some help....I was just asked something like...vouley
vous me couche....at least that is what it sounded like...never did
find out
what she meant...H

Right. You should have replied "Aimez vous la choucroutte?". It never
fails. Believe me.

Mon petit choux - shredded, retted and with added salaciousness?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 11-11-2005, 11:59 AM
La puce

newsb wrote:
Do pullets have teeth?

By all accounts, they are rather rare

Ho yes. Les dents de poule. Which reminds me, how's your french garden
doing Andy?!

Old 11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
newsb

In article .com, La
puce writes

newsb wrote:
Do pullets have teeth?

By all accounts, they are rather rare

Ho yes. Les dents de poule. Which reminds me, how's your french garden
doing Andy?!

It doesn't exist

In the end, we couldn't get them to sign to sell - having wasted loads
of money on flights, surveys, hire cars etc. Turns out that it had been
inherited by six daughters. One of them refused to sell it despite
being visited by everyone involved (except me) - even the agent and the
solicitor. I was a bit ****ed off because we'd spent several weeks
haggling over the price (actually, we matched the asking price but they
kept coming back with requests for more.) After we agreed a price, they
couldn't get it signed.

I believe that there was a way to get it done - but we just took it as a
sign that it wasn't for us at the time. Another time maybe... although
we're extending our uk house instead, so it'll be a long wait

--
regards andyw
Old 11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
La puce

newsb wrote:
It doesn't exist

Bum, bum and re-bum. I am really sorry. This summer I thought of you.
We didn't pass near you, but almost...

(snip)

I believe that there was a way to get it done - but we just took it as a
sign that it wasn't for us at the time. Another time maybe... although
we're extending our uk house instead, so it'll be a long wait

If you want to stay in the same region, let me know. Now that my
cousin's settled in Merignac I try to get there as often as I can. Also
my uncle is counting on me in the spring on my grand dad's plot.
Anyhow, let me know if you want some info from there - in fact anything
I can do just ask. My cousin was in a very similar situation but she
fought hard. The house she wanted was indeed on 2 sibling's inheritance
and the dispute went on and on. But she was patient and got it in the
end for a higher price. It's priceless now - she knew it would and she
did well. She's now an expert really. So lets use her!

Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Mike

But she was patient and got it in the
end for a higher price. It's priceless now - she knew it would and she
did well. She's now an expert really. So lets use her!

Patience pays off :-))

I have in the last half hour received a telephone call from my Solicitor
that "at long last" a property deal in Leicester has just been completed
:-))

But isn't the waiting painful???

Mike

Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

.... pull its teeth.

Do pullets have teeth?

Poulets are very snappy.

Janet

Old 12-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:

WHY IS IT that nobody says anything when a poster get a post with
'those who lie with dogs gets fleas?

Why would they? They can see you're back to your old failed
"zillions" hysteria , pretending that any innocent exchange between
other posters is all about you, just so that you can attack them.

Sacha posted to Mike Crowe, two well-known old English sayings, aimed
at himself.
I replied to Sacha's post with another very well-known old English
saying, also aimed at Mike Crowe, an irritable old seaDOG well-known on
this group for RECLINING at every opportunity and SCRATCHING.

Mike Lyle replied to my post in French and seemed to be asking me if
"she", ie Sacha, had a dog . I replied in English, only a French bitch,
referring to a female poodle. Long ago, when Sacha first came to this
group, she used her dog's name as her own posting ID. I thought it was a
lady poodle.

If I am mistaken about that, of course I shall immediately withdraw my
error and apologise for misleading anyone.

Janet.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Mike Lyle

"Janet Baraclough" [...] Mike Lyle
replied to my post in French and seemed to be asking me if
"she", ie Sacha, had a dog .[...]

In that case I'm glad I dropped in on a thread which had ceased to be
of interest. I used "du", not "un": it's a slang expression, and I
was punning harmlessly. "Has she got appeal?" is a reasonable, if
very lame, translation.

--
Mike.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Mike

If I am mistaken about that, of course I shall immediately withdraw my
error and apologise for misleading anyone.

Janet.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..
..
..

The Barrowcloth apologise?????????????????????

Chocolate teapots
Chocolate foreguards

Old 12-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message

If I am mistaken about that, of course I shall immediately withdraw my
error and apologise for misleading anyone.

Janet.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.

The Barrowcloth apologise?????????????????????

Chocolate teapots
Chocolate foreguards

even 'fireguards'

but then I am not perfect, otherwise I would be 'an owner'

Old 13-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

.... pull its teeth.

Do pullets have teeth?

Poulets are very snappy.

That must be the Pullet Surprise.

--
Regards,
Alan

Preserve wildlife - pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

Old 13-11-2005, 10:34 AM
La puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Why would they? They can see you're back to your old failed
"zillions" hysteria , pretending that any innocent exchange between
other posters is all about you, just so that you can attack them.

I don't do 'attack' very well. I'm a very peaceful person. And beside
the weather has been superbe here - still 'zillions' to do at the lotty
)

Sacha posted to Mike Crowe, two well-known old English sayings, aimed
at himself.

According to Sacha the saying was 'American'. But still, it doesn't
really matter does it.

I replied to Sacha's post with another very well-known old English
saying, also aimed at Mike Crowe, an irritable old seaDOG well-known on
this group for RECLINING at every opportunity and SCRATCHING.

The coincidence was amazing, you must admit )

The fact remain that you wrote French bitch about Sacha's dog and that
it is quite a coincidence. But again, I'll pass. I'll simply point out
your rudeness next time it creeps up and will just leave it at that. I
now understand the complexity of your mind and perhaps you will realise
that you too get quite personal with strangers.

Mike Lyle replied to my post in French and seemed to be asking me if
"she", ie Sacha, had a dog .

No. 'Elle a du chien' means 'she's tough' or something like 'she won't
let go' like a dog with something. It's a very well known French
saying. I realised this after and agreed with Mike Lyle. My French is
getting weaker as the years passes sadly (

I replied in English, only a French bitch,
referring to a female poodle. Long ago, when Sacha first came to this
group, she used her dog's name as her own posting ID. I thought it was a
lady poodle.

She used the name 'French bitch' has an ID name?! It's a bit dangerous
I think. I had a poodle when I was a kid. I loved it dearly. She was
called Idefix, like in Asterix cartoon.

If I am mistaken about that, of course I shall immediately withdraw my
error and apologise for misleading anyone.

You don't need to apologise to anyone, but me.

Jackdaw chicks Sacha United Kingdom 15 24-05-2007 11:22 AM
effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 53 20-04-2003 05:56 AM
water report (WAS: effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?) LM Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 05:56 AM
water report (WAS: effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?) LM Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-03-2003 07:08 PM
MTD snowblower not clearing to asphalt Tim Lawns 1 24-02-2003 09:07 AM