Old 13-12-2005, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Sign of the garden centre times........

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
Hard to believe isn't it. Urg is also (sadly) missing Jill, Pete
and Tim from back when.

and what about the French's, lovely couple who I met at Kay's urg meet
and where is Jane Ransom, a wonderful contributor to urg and who also
sent me a personal urg badge with gold slippers on. I miss Cormaic
(Tony) very much, he was the most amusing, straight-talking but honest
person, I met him, Mrs. Taz, Slug Boy and their daughter, whose "pet
name" I can't remember now (Pest Girl?) at Kay's urg meet and also Alan
Holmes. Urg was so different then - I miss the good natured banter and
Cormaic's expletives!!

It was indeed different then, Judith. Alan Holmes now posts on
uk.food+drink.misc but I was under the impression that he still posted
here.

Yes, I do, but only when I can think of smoething nasty to say!(:-)

Especially about people like 'Mike'!

Alan

--
June Hughes

Old 13-12-2005, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes
Did you mean Alan Holmes of the organic gardening or the Alan Holmes who
has posted here recently - remember there are 2 of them, but quite,
quite,different styles of personality and gardening. I met the latter
Alan in Leeds with his wife, he was utterly charming and enjoyed my
lasagne - well, at least he said he did.

'Organic Alan' is Alan Gould, isn't he?

Ohhhhh yes, I told you that I was having a problem with my memory -
just put it down to a senior moment (again)

Join the club!

I don't want to put you off but in a few years you might find yourself
behaving as I do!(:-(

Alan

--
Judith Lea

Old 13-12-2005, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes
It was indeed different then, Judith. Alan Holmes now posts on
uk.food+drink.misc but I was under the impression that he still posted
here.

Did you mean Alan Holmes of the organic gardening or the Alan Holmes who
has posted here recently - remember there are 2 of them, but quite,
quite,different styles of personality and gardening. I met the latter
Alan in Leeds with his wife, he was utterly charming and enjoyed my
lasagne - well, at least he said he did.

I am thinking of the one @virgin.net. I think I only know one Alan
Holmes.

I think I only know of one as well!

Alan

--
June Hughes

Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
Blooms Garden Centre Jason Pope United Kingdom 3 14-01-2004 11:19 PM
Sign of the times Sacha United Kingdom 7 22-10-2003 06:02 PM
Garden Centre Pricing Stephen G United Kingdom 9 21-04-2003 04:46 PM