Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Paul D.Smith

Default Chicken Manure. Is it safe?

Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera takes no
account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was that in
the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were equally
affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply (and
therefore infection or not) came from.

Paul DS.

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:
| Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera takes no
| account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was that in
| the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were equally
| affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply (and
| therefore infection or not) came from.

As with much of what we were taught, that is a simplistic analysis.
The reason that there has been traditionally little difference in
many health issues is often due to the fact that the ignorance was
universal. So, when you move to societies where the problems are
economic, the same uniformity may not apply.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Mary Fisher

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...
Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera takes

no
account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was that

in
the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were

equally
affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply (and
therefore infection or not) came from.

Quite. But the cholera has to be put into the water supply before it can
come out.

Mary

Paul DS.

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Michael Berridge

Paul D.Smith wrote in message
Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera

takes no
account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was

that in
the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were

equally
affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply

(and
therefore infection or not) came from.

Current treatment of Cholera seems mainly to be replacement of the fluid
loss, which is what kills. The disease is easily shrugged off if you do
not get dehydrated. So yes, it would attack everywhere, and at that time
there would be no replacement that was not itself contaminated with the
disease. The 'magic mixture' is nothing more that water with salt and
glucose added. often given as an IV drip in hospitals, but can easily be
made from your kitchen should you ever need to treat someone.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Michael Berridge
writes

Current treatment of Cholera seems mainly to be replacement of the fluid
loss, which is what kills. The disease is easily shrugged off if you do
not get dehydrated. So yes, it would attack everywhere, and at that time
there would be no replacement that was not itself contaminated with the
disease. The 'magic mixture' is nothing more that water with salt and
glucose added. often given as an IV drip in hospitals, but can easily be
made from your kitchen should you ever need to treat someone.

Very useful for bad tummy bug with diarrhoea. Someone correct me if I'm
wrong, but ISTR glass of water with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon
of salt.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 07-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Michael Berridge
writes

Current treatment of Cholera seems mainly to be replacement of the fluid
loss, which is what kills. The disease is easily shrugged off if you do
not get dehydrated. So yes, it would attack everywhere, and at that time
there would be no replacement that was not itself contaminated with the
disease. The 'magic mixture' is nothing more that water with salt and
glucose added. often given as an IV drip in hospitals, but can easily be
made from your kitchen should you ever need to treat someone.

Very useful for bad tummy bug with diarrhoea. Someone correct me if I'm
wrong, but ISTR glass of water with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon
of salt.

For a short period. You can cause yourself quite serious trouble by
replacing only water and sodium if you have a serious bout of that
sort of thing. But I do mean serious. A better solution (groan) is
to use one of the fancy sports drinks, which contain something closer
to an appropriate balance of sodium, potassium etc. Such as the
Japanses drink, Pocari Sweat.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Subject: Pigeon Manure, Chicken Manure JacKUzi Gardening 0 11-08-2004 02:28 AM
chicken manure Tim Challenger United Kingdom 42 26-05-2004 11:15 PM
Old chicken manure Rhiannon Macfie Miller United Kingdom 4 09-05-2004 04:02 AM
chicken manure Coffea ramosa United Kingdom 9 25-06-2003 08:30 PM
Chicken manure! Steve Jackson United Kingdom 0 20-10-2002 08:56 AM