Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Naubergines

Sacha wrote:
From what I recall, the name of the last monoglot Cornish speaker, Dolly
Pentreath, is given at Lanhydrock with her date of death as 1777. Even that
is not without dispute, AIUI.

You are wrong. The harbour master at St Ives told us on Friday, along
with a very big delegation, that Dolly died recently and that a boat
was named after her.

Now, you 'recall' or you just google as usual. Do you have opinions for
yourself or you just take googling as the truth? Didn't Ray knew the
answer? tst tst ...

Old 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:
It's time you changed your MO. Hurling filthy language and insult at
people,

Janet called me a French bitch - I called her 'une conne'. Sorry to
burst your bubble Sacha, but drop it now. For everytime I get a riposte
from Janet you come along and make her sound angelic. She's not. She's
vicious and basically very sad. Finally, you will not make me beleive
that you speak better French than I do.

Well done.

:-)))

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 12-09-2006, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
The last person to speak Cornish as her only language died in the 1700s.
Several courses in the Cornish language are now being run for those who wish
to learn it, so it is absolutely untrue to say it is no longer spoken. It
is not unknown for gullible tourists to fall for charming but unfounded
tales.

I could have been mistaken - but all 6 of us mistaken? I don't think
so. But you are right. You can 'learn to speak Cornish at night
classes' if you wish indeed, but nobody speaks it like say Welsh is
spoken in everyday life. I haven't met anybody that does, and beleive
me I've met lots of people.

I have no doubt that some inscrupulous people, as you suggest not
surprisingly, might try to con tourists - we were not tourists and were
with many from St Ives, amongst them were local writers, artists and
reprentants of many local organisations, including the Maire. I cannot
immagine him trying to feed us wrong informations.

Let's PLEASE go back on the subject of this forum, which you strangely
never try to pick up with me ..... The hanging baskets, the little
streets, the front gardens and the public places of St Ives were
superbe - an amazing little town, and so clean. My legs are still
very tired from so much walking but it was worth it.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:
[...]

La Puce

You MUST remember that the SS owners and SS net nannies of this newsgroup
MUST have the last word. The likes of us are of a sub human breed and we
should have all stopped breeding a long time ago and certainly not be
allowed to vote and breed. Now those are not my words, but the doctrination
of the likes of Hitler and still 'preached' here.

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 12-09-2006, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

You MUST remember that the SS owners and SS net nannies of this
newsgroup MUST have the last word.

What is an SS?

Old 12-09-2006, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
Given the French you speak, you would be making a huge mistake in thinking
that I would wish to speak as you do. I learned my French from
well-educated people with good manners.

Here you go again, trying to, like you did with Jenny, make us beleive
the only educated people here are yourself. You know nothing about me.
Nothing. You have no idea where I'm from, my education, my business
etc. You throw random assumptions and unfounded criticism base uniquely
on what you read here. My poor woman, do you honestly beleive that I
will tell you everything? In a public forum?

Quite frankly, I think there's something wrong with you, though I don't
pretend to know what it is. If a member of my family did something so
bizarre as to drive out of their way to be photographed in front of a sign

I didn't drive out of our way. We were on the A38. To get to the
business of your husband which you have nothing to do with as you
clearly keep saying, you go along the A38, at Buckfastleigh, take A384
to Totnes. ¼ mile past the Dartbridge Inn, take first turning left
signposted Landscove, Hill House. Then follow the little brown flower
sign though a maze of tall hedges. Isn't that your place? Don't you
work there? Don't you live there?

belonging to the spouse of someone they dislike on a newsgroup, I'd be very
worried about their health.

Don't worry about my health. I've had lots of holidays and sunshine
this year. Been to 4 countries and on my way to Danmark and Sweeden in
two weeks time. As you can see, my business is flourishing.

This is almost the action of a stalker and
certainly not that of someone well-balanced, IMO.

Leave that to the experts Sacha. You clearly are out of your depth
without Ray's advices and google LOL!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
Cat(h) wrote:
I bit my tongue at the time, because I think the exchange was daft and
wasteful of bandwidth. But if this is what you are referring to, then
let me put it diplomatically thus: my understanding of c***e is *not*
of a gentle affectionate insult.

) It depends how you say it. My brother always says 'con' at the end
of all his sentences. But yes, I am certainly not trying to be
affectionate there. However, the word has nothing to do with female
genitalia - lets make this absolutely clear - contrary to what we were
led to beleive.

With all due respect, from a fellow-native French speaker, La Puce,
yes, it does.

http://www.languefrancaise.net/gloss...il.php?id=9857

btw - any luck with the plant we're trying to identify?

I honestly do not know, but this is the kind of thing I am interested
in reading about here - not childish bickering.

Cat(h)

Old 12-09-2006, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Cat(h) wrote:
With all due respect, from a fellow-native French speaker, La Puce,
yes, it does.
http://www.languefrancaise.net/gloss...il.php?id=9857

C'est pas vrai!!! I always thought it was 'imbecile' and 'idiot'.
Vulve? Surely that's from the 15th century!!!?

btw - any luck with the plant we're trying to identify?

I honestly do not know, but this is the kind of thing I am interested
in reading about here - not childish bickering.

Put yourself in my shoes. Actually don't )