Old 17-10-2006, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sedum

In article , ®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
writes
I think the loading would then be quite low as long as it is well-drained. I
suspect that it can be kept on the roof by means of some spikes, so I need a
material that is waterproof and spikey. Can't think of one.

Sharkskin is good.

Am I right in thinking that sharkskin is neoprene?
--
Judith Lea
Old 17-10-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:29:55 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote and included this (or
some of this):

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:54:47 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote and included this (or
some of this):

I have a fair lump of rockwool, used as loft/boat insulation. It
might be a bit thick. I'll experiment with planting some stuff in
it. I think grass might be one good bet as it doesn't disappear in
the winter, also it keeps down weeds if you use the right stuff.

I think the loading would then be quite low as long as it is
well-drained. I suspect that it can be kept on the roof by means of
some spikes, so I need a material that is waterproof and spikey.
Can't think of one.

Sharkskin is good.

Wot, off a real shark? Or is this a trade name for some stuff? I've never
heard of sharkskin.

Real stuff of course. Expensive though.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 17-10-2006, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

[...]

[hunts for shark]

[finds snark instead]

I have a pair of sealskin gloves. I think they're actually seal, but they
might not be. They cost a fortune but they are fully waterproof, you can put
your hands in water with them on and not get wet. And warm too. Necessary
for the winter boater.

I shall look for a sharkskin supplier ...

Old 17-10-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

There's a town in Australia which the residents have been advised to abandon
but many won't. Even doctors refuse to visit there. Isn't that something
awful to do with asbestos?

Its probably mealy bug or vine weevils.

Old 17-10-2006, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Australia is the world capital for Asbestos related diseases and

they
are simply ghastly. My advice would be to get the shed owner to

do
the removal work and don't go near the place till it's all gone.

There's a town in Australia which the residents have been advised to

abandon
but many won't. Even doctors refuse to visit there. Isn't that

something
awful to do with asbestos?

I'm sure that would be Wittenoom. Site of a blue asbestos mine IIRC
and they even used tailings to make driveways so the whole town is
awash with it and it's in a location where wind would constantly
spread the dust about. Don't think it's much of a town these days
though. I certainly won't be going to see it.

Sedum Matting Richard Edwards United Kingdom 7 09-04-2009 07:57 PM
Sedum? Now??? HA HA Budys Here Gardening 3 02-01-2004 03:02 AM
Sedum morganianum Tom Jaszewski Gardening 2 30-03-2003 11:56 PM
Creeping Sedum Peggy Elliott Gardening 4 27-03-2003 03:20 AM
disturbing sedum Sue Chamberlain United Kingdom 3 22-03-2003 11:29 AM