Old 23-02-2007, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Romarin

Here's the prostate rosemary Noe I knew off, thanks to a chap in a
french gardening forum. And I found better to find a padded cell
Martin, I've just finished building another compost bin, cleaned our
pond of leaves (without disturbing lots and lots of frog spawns) and
moved tons of sand bags.

Feeling much better now ;o)

http://nature.jardin.free.fr/arbriss...marin_ret.html

Old 23-02-2007, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/2/07 15:00, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Here's the prostate rosemary Noe I knew off, thanks to a chap in a
french gardening forum. And I found better to find a padded cell
Martin, I've just finished building another compost bin, cleaned our
pond of leaves (without disturbing lots and lots of frog spawns) and
moved tons of sand bags.

Feeling much better now ;o)

http://nature.jardin.free.fr/arbriss...marin_ret.html

In your reply to David Poole (IIRC) you said
"On a
french gardening forum I've contacted a chap who I have met in France
and he has never heard of 'de noe' but knows 'noe'. When I gave him
the description he was certain that this could indeed fit the bill."

What he truly says is:

In ups.com,
La puce typed:
D'apres vous est ce que c'est un Rosmarinus lavandulaceus Noe ou autre
chose? Merci.

http://cjoint.com/?cwx74fN8Tn

Difficile à dire avec la définition de la photo. C'est possible. Je ne
connaissait pas ce synonyme du romarin rampant ( 'sont compliqués ces
botanistes ). Le mien me semble avoir des branches plus tortueuses que la
plante qui est sur ce cliché.
Pourrait-on avoir une photo plus rapprochée, où l'on distingue feuilles et
fleurs ?
--
Laurent Ginarouge
In science, beauty. In beauty, science. Daily.

IOW, like Burncoose and Olivier Filippi, he does not commit himself to
backing up your latest contention that this is the rosemary called 'Noe' and
you are grossly misleading us by saying that he has said it could "indeed
fit the bill". He has said no more than 'it's possible' but that to him,
his plant's branches appear different to the plant in Salcombe. So far you
have insisted on 20th February that this will turn out to be Blue Rain, a
little before that you were quite certain it was Jackman's Prostrate and
yesterday, on this group you were 'sure' it must be Noe.

IMO, it is important that anyone who comes to this group asking for the ID
of a plant knows that *most* members are scrupulous about admitting when
they don't know the exact name of a plant and offer only suggestions, not
varying insistences.

I am replying to this only to show the group the depths to which you will
stoop to get your way. Your tantrums and screaming matches will no doubt
follow as the night the day and you can get on with them.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-02-2007, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

I am replying to this only to show the group

your superiority complex :-((

How sad :-(

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 23-02-2007, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Feb, 18:05, Sacha wrote:
I am replying to this only to show the group ... (snip)

.... how truly nasty piece of work you are. And you've managed it,
again.

It's not Laurent who said to me first about Noe, but Sogoz, by phone.
I happen to know people Sacha. Second I put this link in this morning
in the hope to establish if Noe would indeed be the same as the photo
you provided of Salcombe. I have from the start told you it was a
prostratus Jackman's, or a Blue Rain. You don't post the second post
of Laurent who says that name changes and I wonder why? Would that
make me look different and not like you'd like to portray me?

From David Poole very interesting post, he also states that Jackman's

could have indeed be a Noe, and changed names, which is something you
have also suggested, with a lenghthy x y and z formula plus a lesson
in latin name. I have never said the contrary either.

I know what have said and others have to and I know what I am doing. I
do not understand the 'tone' which you think I have when I write. I do
not understand what you are going to with this or why you are doing
it. Though it makes you look a bit strange. You will not rest until I
say something which would only encourage you to go on and on which I
will certainly not fall for. I have never insulted David Poole nor
Bruncoose nursery as you've stated in your last post on the 'more
rosemary'. I have not insulted you either though I think you are
really really sad. You think I tantrum but forgive me for saying, I'm
a grown up now. You on the other hand will carry on insulting my
intelligence and that does frustrate me, but this might just about to
change into pity for you really.

Please, go away and start a thread about your husband or something,
but let us all be who we are. This forum is not Sacha Hubbard's forum,
but many other people's forum with a rich and varied life. Just think
about this and stop making a fool of yourself.

Old 23-02-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Feb, 17:13, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
"Rosmarinus officinalis var prostratus
syn Rosmarinus lavandulaceus Noe ex Debeaux"
Proof of how confusing names can be - if nothing else!
I wonder if this is the one at Salcombe ...

Indeed. What really interest me now is 'ex Debeaux' which I think
there lies the key!

Mrs Marple ;o)

Old 23-02-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 23 Feb, 18:05, Sacha wrote:
I am replying to this only to show the group ... (snip)

... how truly nasty piece of work you are. And you've managed it,
again.

and a liar too.

and a 'stirrer' reference her claim that I said I was the President of the
Royal Air Forces Association :-(( a quick Google search would show that
statement to be wholly untrue. She is a trouble maker :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 23-02-2007, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Feb, 18:30, "'Mike'" wrote:
your superiority complex :-((
How sad :-(

Mike don't. You've been here longer and suffered this woman longer
than us - your posts only brings the one liner idiots wondering the
corridors of usenet. It's entertaining, but sometimes it's annoying.
We all read like you do, beleive me, you are not the only one. She is
actually enjoying this - just look at the uk.food forum - she does the
same there and constantly corners the same people. It's like she's
feeding on this superiority thing. Let her be. She'll only be
remembered for this.

Old 23-02-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 23 Feb, 18:30, "'Mike'" wrote:
your superiority complex :-((
How sad :-(

Mike don't. You've been here longer and suffered this woman longer
than us - your posts only brings the one liner idiots wondering the
corridors of usenet. It's entertaining, but sometimes it's annoying.
We all read like you do, beleive me, you are not the only one. She is
actually enjoying this - just look at the uk.food forum - she does the
same there and constantly corners the same people. It's like she's
feeding on this superiority thing. Let her be. She'll only be
remembered for this.

More to be pitied would you say?

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 24-02-2007, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote
and a 'stirrer' reference her claim that I said I was the President of
the Royal Air Forces Association :-(( a quick Google search would show
that statement to be wholly untrue. She is a trouble maker :-((

You've harped on ad nauseam about that, but I recall the thread. You did
post making it appear that you were claiming exactly that, but it
wasn't Sacha who pulled you up on what you wrote - check it for
yourself. The archive shows it as the one from August 2006 titled "Just
a thought re pic posting". See posts numbers 46, 47 & 48 et al.

Names in square brackets added to distinguish who wrote what. The
relevant parts being :

quote[M Crowe]:
one of three photos taken at a huge RAF parade at RAF Cosford on Sunday
June 25th. Mrs Simms, wife of Air Commodore Simm OBE, Commanding Officer
of RAF Cosford, Mrs Magee, wife of the Chairman of the RAF Association,
and my wife, wife of the President of the RAF Association, that's me,
were all presented with a beautiful basket of flowers. I could have put
that up couldn't I? But I won't because binaries are not allowed by the
charter :-))
/quote

Someone called 'Fisherman', not Sacha, asked:

quote[Fisherman]:
So you are President of the RAF Association are you.
Why should they make you President when you have never been in the RAF.
Come to that you were never really in the Navy, only in a shore training
base.
/quote

To which you replied:

quote[Fisherman]:
So you are President of the RAF Association are you.

[M Crowe]:

Yes

[Fisherman]:
Why should they make you President when you have never been in the
RAF.

[M Crowe]:
Because I founded the Association by request a few years ago and when I
stood down from Membership Secretary and Chairman before I went away on
my World Cruise in January, they made me President :-))
/quote

--
Sue

Old 24-02-2007, 05:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Nice one Sue. Now why aren't I surprised to see proof that it is the
sand-sailor who is the liar?

Old 24-02-2007, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message

How convenient.

How so terribly convenient that by selective snipping and exclusions, you
have failed to post the explanation I gave about RAFA, the Royal Air Forces
Association, and the RAF Association of which I was the founder and whose
day it was all about.

How so very very convenient.

Now lets add a little more and bring you up to date even more.

Earlier this month, Princess Anne opened the Cold War Museum at Cosford and
was by invitation only. As President of the RAF Association I founded, and
whose members were very much involved during the Cold War, I was of course
invited but declined for two reasons. 1) It was a bit too far to go just for
the day and I had no reason or time to make a couple of days of it, but more
importantly 2) Invitations were limited and as I was ex Royal Navy, I felt
that for more worthy people than me amongst the membership should be offered
the invitation, which they did.

Selective snipping, doesn't it just show people up?

DO have a nice day

Mike
Oh by the way, please observe my sig. NOTHING in there about RAFA at all
:-))

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 24-02-2007, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
ups.com...

Nice one Sue. Now why aren't I surprised to see proof that it is the
sand-sailor who is the liar?

Please see my other posting :-))

DO have a nice day

Kind regards

Mike
Who doesn't knowingly tell lies

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 24-02-2007, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/2/07 00:51, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote
[...]

Good heavens. And there was me thinking it was only the war in Iraq, third
world hunger and the common cold I was responsible for. ;-)) Thank you,
Sue.

Old 24-02-2007, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

Good heavens. And there was me thinking it was only the war in Iraq,
third
world hunger and the common cold I was responsible for. ;-)) Thank you,
Sue.

--
Sacha

No sweetie, only the wars and aggro on uk.rec.gardening :-))

You may rest assured now :-)