Old 22-04-2007, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cat c****, any cures?

Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old 22-04-2007, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Read my recent posts on the matter.

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 22-04-2007, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 22, 1:55 pm, The Reid wrote:
Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).

Mike, I find a well aimed carrot does the trick. Several years ago on
this group I answered a poster who had this problem, as we had, then.
I used to be peeling vegetables at the kitchen sink and look up to see
next door's 3 cats frantically digging and squatting. I used to open
the window and throw whatever I was peeling and I found carrots were
usually the most accurate. I did once throw the paring knife, by
accident, fortunately it missed the cat!

We now have feral cats but they only have to see a slight movement in
the garden and they are off as the camera installed outside (against
burglars) is motion activated and they do not like it!

Old 22-04-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:55:24 +0100, The Reid
wrote:

Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).

Those sonic gadgets work for most cats but you will always find one
that takes no notice - deaf?

Steve

Old 22-04-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"The Reid" wrote in message
Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).

The movement activated water sprays work.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Old 22-04-2007, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet?

Put some of your cooking out!

Old 22-04-2007, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Douglas Moore
writes
wrote:

Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).

Show it your penis?

OT: at the Cats' Protection my friend was shown a cat which they said
was lovely in every respect except that it had a rubber fetish: as a
kitten it had been taught to attack rubber bands etc.

It was up for adoption because the previous owner's boyfriend hadn't
shut it out of the room before he put on a condom...

--
Sue ];(
Old 23-04-2007, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"The Reid" wrote in message
Does anything actually work at discouraging cats from using an area as
toilet? The product I tried had no effect (no need for shotgun type
suggestions, I don't hate cats).
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@

this site
Spain walking, food, tourism "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk"
Beginners UK flight sim addons "http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk"

Get a cat. We have two, and I rarely find any of their stuff in my own
garden.

As an alternative, if you have flower beds which are recently dug and/or
seeded, get some insides of old refrigerators, those grill things, and lay
them on your beds until your plants come through and there is no appealing
raw soil for the cats to use. Once you have plants growing there, cats
don't seem to want to use it.

I have collected tens of these grills over the years and they're extremely
useful in the spring when I'm planting seeds. They can be removed when the
neighbours come round for a drink in the garden :-)

someone

Old 23-04-2007, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:17:46 +0100, "someone"
wrote:

Get a cat. We have two, and I rarely find any of their stuff in my own
garden.

we own the cat, but its made a bad choice of location, theres plenty
of soil about elsewhere.
Old 23-04-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baal wrote:

I found feeding them chicken and wallpaper stripper was effective. Beef and
warfarin proved useful too!

If you're joking, it's not funny.

If you're not, you're an evil sadistic ******* who ought to be locked
up.

More likely you're a troll though, so into the killfile with you.

--
Carol