Old 23-08-2007, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 16:29, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:26:00 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 12:26, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "
wrote:

snip

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v.

On BBC surely or did you watch using the microwave?

He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Q: Whose bottom appeared in the background? Sacha's or the alien's?

We're thinking of starting a 'bum club'. Someone from urg who visited us
suggested it should become a tradition to be photographed from the rear,
outside the nursery. ;-)
Anyway to answer your question - not mine! ;-)

LOL I could see it catching on. Bus loads of bum flashers from Manchester.

Good program and your bit came over well. The garden and Ray that is :-)

Thanks, Martin. He's been on various tv progs from time to time and never
seems to worry about it. I should hate it!

He's a so natural. Ray should have his own program

I'm biased but I think he'd be rather good at it. However, I can't see him
sporting long flowing locks, or lace trimmed wellies or whatever gimmicks
he'd need. ;-) But he certainly knows his plants and someone of his age
bridges the gap between the old chaps who knew all sorts of old tips and
tricks and the younger, modern methods. Being 'a certain age' myself, I
like to listen and learn from people who've been doing a job for a long
time, rather than from those who have barely dipped a toe in the water, by
comparison. From the pov of learning something about gardening - as opposed
only to design or instant garden - you couldn't beat the likes of Percy
Thrower, Geoff Hamilton, Peter Seabrook.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-08-2007, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 23, 4:30 pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:28:44 -0000, "

wrote:
On Aug 23, 4:26 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/8/07 12:26, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

children.'- Hide quoted text -

Oh Sacha, did you miss the bit where Martin said "your bit came over
well" double entendre!!! G

Double entendre? You really have gone native.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I've gone something Martin, but I'm not sure what

Judith

Old 25-08-2007, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 23, 4:30 pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:28:44 -0000, "

wrote:
On Aug 23, 4:26 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/8/07 12:26, in article
,

"Martin" wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article
,

wrote:

snip

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v.

On BBC surely or did you watch using the microwave?

He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Q: Whose bottom appeared in the background? Sacha's or the
alien's?

We're thinking of starting a 'bum club'. Someone from urg who
visited us
suggested it should become a tradition to be photographed from the
rear,
outside the nursery. ;-)
Anyway to answer your question - not mine! ;-)

LOL I could see it catching on. Bus loads of bum flashers from
Manchester.

Good program and your bit came over well. The garden and Ray that is
:-)

Thanks, Martin. He's been on various tv progs from time to time and
never
seems to worry about it. I should hate it!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'- Hide quoted text -

Oh Sacha, did you miss the bit where Martin said "your bit came over
well" double entendre!!! G

Double entendre? You really have gone native.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I've gone something Martin, but I'm not sure what

The way I am!(:-(

Old 25-08-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Interesting visit Sacha I enjoyed it altho I have to admit I was
disappointed not to see you all stuffing your faces with cream tea`s all
round :-)

kate

Old 25-08-2007, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/8/07 22:38, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

Interesting visit Sacha I enjoyed it altho I have to admit I was
disappointed not to see you all stuffing your faces with cream tea`s all
round :-)

Lor', so were we when we saw they'd gone elsewhere for their cream teas.
;-)) The making of TV programmes is really rather interesting and I'd love
to know what motivates or directs the research. Many years ago someone
rushed in here asking Ray to produce beans, on canes, in full flower, in
March for a programme being filmed at Staverton which is one of those
heritage railway stations. They were almost indignant when he said this was
out of season and impossible, even if we grew them!
Ray and I were talking about this yesterday and what struck both of us about
the crew that came here this time (HHN and Ray have been tellied a few
times) was how intelligent they were in allowing the experts, Ray and
Christine, to guide them, partly, to where they should film. Too many think
they know everything and make a bog of it, frankly. We had one lot here
from a foreign channel a couple of years ago who entirely missed an early
flowering and unidentified but important Camellia until I showed it to them
off camera.
The Summer Diaries crowd were young, very well-mannered and considerate and
as I say, allowed Ray and Christine to guide the filming to some extent.
They did their pick ups later but there was never a 'we know best' moment.
They even rang me for the name and number of the Rector for permission to
film in the churchyard. I rather liked that display of good manners and
consideration for the sensibilities of others. While the Beeb is getting a
bit of a bashing I thought I'd just mention that because it seems only fair
to show it's not typical. This lot were professional, considerate, polite
and alert.