Old 31-08-2007, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Swallows

snipped book stuff :-)

About half of our swallows have gone but there still plenty here in
Gloucestershire, including one nest that contains some newly hatched very
noisy little souls.

kate

Old 31-08-2007, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/8/07 11:33, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

snipped book stuff :-)

About half of our swallows have gone but there still plenty here in
Gloucestershire, including one nest that contains some newly hatched very
noisy little souls.

kate

Is that usual for your area? Or do you think the weather has affected them?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-08-2007, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

It is usual for us Sacha, we have lived here about 10 years, and for the
first year we did not have any swallows but as soon as the stable block was
built the word went round the swallow world and they moved in :-) They come
in the middle of April and the last lot leave late Sept. The weather does
not seem to have affected them one bit, all the nests had about 4/5 babes in
them and this is the first year we haven't spent climbing ladders putting
them back in when they fall out :-)

kate

. uk...

Old 31-08-2007, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 31/8/07 13:25, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

It is usual for us Sacha, we have lived here about 10 years, and for the
first year we did not have any swallows but as soon as the stable block

was
built the word went round the swallow world and they moved in :-) They

come
in the middle of April and the last lot leave late Sept. The weather

does
not seem to have affected them one bit, all the nests had about 4/5

babes in
them and this is the first year we haven't spent climbing ladders

putting
them back in when they fall out :-)

snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey for
the grandchildren. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

That's until like me today you fetch out of the barn the scaffold tower and
get covered in swallow poo!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 01-09-2007, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/9/07 09:07, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

Oh, cute, very, very cute. I love donkeys..........tricky question! ;-)

Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/9/07 09:45, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:07:39 +0100, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

I think so. Have grandchild, willing to swap for pony and trap.

I don't believe you. Not for a millisecond.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey
for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

Oh, cute, very, very cute. I love donkeys..........tricky question! ;-)

--
Sacha

Have you got a nice hunky farrier who lives nearby :-)

kate

Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered User

My favourite birds in the gardens. I shall miss their excited squeeky/chirpy chatter when they go - usually around the 20th of Sept - but who knows with this crazy summer we're having. The garden goes ever so quiet when they leave.

'My pairs' are frantically feeding their third clutches now. I always wonder if this last clutch ever gets to South Africa first time around, as I suspect they hole up in Morocco or some place for their first winter and then link up with their older brothers and sisters upon their return the following April. Who knows?
__________________
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/9/07 10:21, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

I'm green with envy. I *told* Ray we should have a pony and a donkey
for
the grandchildren. ;-)

Is that a fair swop?

Oh, cute, very, very cute. I love donkeys..........tricky question! ;-)

--
Sacha

Have you got a nice hunky farrier who lives nearby :-)

kate

I don't think so - goodness me, you wicked woman! ;-))

swallows OT Kate Morgan United Kingdom 3 05-04-2009 11:58 PM
Swallows! Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 10 09-04-2008 11:27 AM
First swallows this year fruitbat United Kingdom 5 14-04-2007 10:29 AM
Barn Swallows Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman Texas 2 25-05-2006 10:18 PM
swallows are back Kate Morgan United Kingdom 3 19-04-2003 08:20 AM