Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ophelia again

K wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

When I was about thirteen I came on a 'situation' - two elderly
women wanting to progress along a pavement, with their way barred
by a hissing gander.

Rusty to the rescue!

I approached the gander, who turned his attention on me, so I
stuffed my fist into his beak and walked at him, and he backed into
his garden, and I closed the gate on him, to much elderly
adulation...

Reminds me of my act of 'heroism" ;-)

After karate - 2 girls wanting to emerge from the changing room -
their way barred by a large centipede.

So I scooped it up in my hands, to much adulation, and carried it
towards the outside door.

And before you say 'girls!' in a sneering tone - their reaction was
nothing as compared to the shrieks of the young boys to whom I showed
it on the way out :-)

rofl Well done you!!!

I was once chatting to a friend on the phone. I was sitting on the edge of
my bed and as I chatted, a spider ran across the cover. I watched with
interest as it disappeared down the other side. I mentioned this and SHE
started screaming)

Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I was once chatting to a friend on the phone. I was sitting on the edge of
my bed and as I chatted, a spider ran across the cover. I watched with
interest as it disappeared down the other side. I mentioned this and SHE
started screaming)

because it had just reached out of her side of the conversation and
tickled her ear?

--
Rusty
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I was once chatting to a friend on the phone. I was sitting on the
edge of my bed and as I chatted, a spider ran across the cover. I
watched with interest as it disappeared down the other side. I
mentioned this and SHE started screaming)

because it had just reached out of her side of the conversation and
tickled her ear?

You would have thought so

Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 4, 1:15*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
K wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

[...]

LOL I don't mind spiders but don't mention bats - shudder!!!!

Judith
Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Judith in France contains these words:

LOL I don't mind spiders but don't mention bats - shudder!!!!

a t a t
b t b a a s b t ba a s
s ºº b s ºº b
t s ts

a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s

a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s
a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s

Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these
words:

LOL I don't mind spiders but don't mention bats - shudder!!!!

a t a t
b t b a a s b t ba a s
s ºº b s ºº b
t s ts

a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s

a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s
a t
b t b a a s
s ºº b
t s

Clever

Ophelia again Judith in France United Kingdom 0 29-03-2009 10:12 AM
Ophelia Jeffrey Bryant United Kingdom 5 22-03-2009 12:29 PM
Found elsewhe Ophelia Anne Jackson United Kingdom 2 29-06-2004 10:09 AM
ATTN: Ophelia Bob H United Kingdom 0 24-04-2003 08:32 PM