Old 27-03-2009, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ophelia again

On 27/3/09 14:30, in article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Well, it's that or mow them down. ;-) Good holiday and did you
bring any seeds back?!

Never mind the seeds... did she bring us a stick of rock?

I think the French would be aghast!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-03-2009, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 2:30 pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
Sacha wrote:
Well, it's that or mow them down. ;-) Good holiday and did you
bring any seeds back?!

Never mind the seeds... did she bring us a stick of rock?

Yes, 1 carat each LOL. How's your new garden coming along now? I was
interested in your submarine thing, it will be interesting to hear
about your progress with it. I have a new greenhouse just waiting for
my husband to put it up. Poor man has taken an awful fall going down
a steep path to where the new veg plot will be, he stumbled, fell and
hit his forehead on a wooden peg holding, what was a step in place,
said step has since rotted. He had a bleed all the way down past his
nose, both eyes are black. He went to our doctor who referred him to
hospital. Everything is o.k. Thank God, but he has to have another
follow up as his blood pressure was sky high. It's good to talk over
the garden fence, isn't it?

Oh the poor man! I hope he feels much better soon.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Old 27-03-2009, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 27, 6:48*pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Big snip

... *I did bring back huge amounts of
spice, including two I haven't heard of; Daube and Briani, do you know
them?

Judith

I had a quick google and wonder if these might shed some light
on your spices:-

http://www.airseychelles.net/creole/...StJacques.html

http://www.teleservices.mu/info/2421037/briani.html

They could be ready mixed packs, the daube being perhaps
Cinnamon and Nutmeg? The other just a mix for Biryani

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer, so I shouldn't use the Daube with meat and maybe use
it with sweet stuff? The cooking is certainly Creole orientated and
also the French that they speak is also of the same dialect, small
wonder I ended up ordering stuff in restaurants and getting something
I wasn't expecting!

Old 27-03-2009, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 27, 2:54*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

*It's good to talk over

the garden fence, isn't it?

It is *I do hope your husband is much better soon. *My David has hurt his
knee. *He has torn a ligament and is in a lot of pain with it. *He is
working from home just now, so that is nice

Thanks Ophelia. Torn ligaments are very, very painful, poor chap,
commiserations.

Judith
Old 27-03-2009, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in ...

Sacha wrote:
[...]

Thanks Kathy, he is sitting behind me as I type on the laptop in the
sitting room, I will pass on your good wishes.

Judith
Old 27-03-2009, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 27, 4:09*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 27/3/09 14:38, in article
, "Judith

Sacha wrote:
[...]

Heavens, Judith - that's *awful*. *He's lucky (sort of!) that it wasn't
worse. *Hope he's mending well now.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

He actually looks quite bad Sacha, our daughters are concerned, they
know that for him to go to a doctor and to hospital, it has to be
serious, he is one stoic man. I am looking after him, he says I am
fussing, but he would do the same for me.

Judith

Old 27-03-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 21, 6:04*pm, "Jeffrey Bryant" wrote:
moghouse wrote:
On Mar 21, 5:40*pm, "Jeffrey Bryant" wrote:
If you read her posts, you'll see she adds nothing to a newsgroup in
her replies ....

Nevertheless you appear to be totally obsessed with her!

No, I Googled her after all the talk about her here and found out lots
about her and what she does. Read Google yourself and find out if I'm
lying. I'm just making the group aware.

Jeff

Leave her be, in this group she is a welcome contributor. The past is
dead and not important, we all have to learn to move on, that's called
progress. Many of us have disagreements, a difference of opinion,
sometimes an opinion that is wrong, I certainly have been wrong, many
times. Lets move on and why don't you post and tell us about your
garden, life really is too short for trying to cause disruption on
groups. I'm Judith, I have a garden in France. I am quite ignorant
compared to some here and maybe I can learn from you as I have from
others. p.s. know anything about keeping hens?

Judith
Old 27-03-2009, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Mar 27, 6:48 pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:

Jennifer.. was it you who had used meat from a butcher and from a
supermarket? If so, many thanks for your input

Old 27-03-2009, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
p.s. know anything about keeping hens?

No, but we just bought a book I think you need to speak to Val.

Old 27-03-2009, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ophelia wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
p.s. know anything about keeping hens?

No, but we just bought a book I think you need to speak to Val.

I keep hens.

Bobbie
Old 27-03-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bobbie wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
p.s. know anything about keeping hens?

No, but we just bought a book I think you need to speak to Val.

I keep hens.

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Zer vill be no hidink place from now on!!!!!!!

When I have read my book, and I am in a position to have hens, please may I
prevail upon your generosity and ask advice?

Ophelia again Judith in France United Kingdom 0 29-03-2009 10:12 AM
Ophelia Jeffrey Bryant United Kingdom 5 22-03-2009 12:29 PM
Found elsewhe Ophelia Anne Jackson United Kingdom 2 29-06-2004 10:09 AM
ATTN: Ophelia Bob H United Kingdom 0 24-04-2003 08:32 PM