Old 20-08-2009, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hozelock Ultra 12

Dear Hozelock peeps that read this NG ...

Please do something about the weak trigger pivot points on this product.
They break. Frequently. You need some more material around the back of the
pivor points (there's loads of room).

Will be off out to buy yet another one tomorrow as the current one broke
again at the trigger pivots. Gonna cost me 20 notes as I don't have time to
wait for one from fleabay for half the price.

It's a crappy design. Good for you, bad for me.

Al.
Old 20-08-2009, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Al" wrote in message
. 4...
Dear Hozelock peeps that read this NG ...

Please do something about the weak trigger pivot points on this product.
They break. Frequently. You need some more material around the back of the
pivor points (there's loads of room).

Will be off out to buy yet another one tomorrow as the current one broke
again at the trigger pivots. Gonna cost me 20 notes as I don't have time
wait for one from fleabay for half the price.

It's a crappy design. Good for you, bad for me.

They'd lose out on people like you who come back for seconds.

mark

Old 21-08-2009, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

It's a crappy design. Good for you, bad for me.
They'd lose out on people like you who come back for seconds.

Yeah - I just rummaged through the box of broken ones I got - This is the
6th one to break in the same way. Off to the garden centre shortly to find
something better.

Al.
Old 21-08-2009, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Al" wrote in message
. 4...
It's a crappy design. Good for you, bad for me.

They'd lose out on people like you who come back for seconds.

Yeah - I just rummaged through the box of broken ones I got - This is the
6th one to break in the same way. Off to the garden centre shortly to find
something better.

Tel us please - what is the "ultra 12"
Regards
Pete

Old 21-08-2009, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:56:18 +0100, "Pete Stockdale"
wrote:

"Al" wrote in message
. 1.4...
It's a crappy design. Good for you, bad for me.
They'd lose out on people like you who come back for
seconds.

Yeah - I just rummaged through the box of broken ones I got -
This is the
6th one to break in the same way. Off to the garden centre
shortly to find
something better.

Tel us please - what is the "ultra 12"

It's a hose gun made by Hozelock
http://www.biggreensmile.com/product...hozeultra12gun
--

£15.99 B.... hell. Buy a cheapo from a pound shop and throw it
away after a year. Or do as I did and make your own out of scrap

Mike

Old 21-08-2009, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:57:04 +0100, "Muddymike"

wrote:

It's a hose gun made by Hozelock
http://www.biggreensmile.com/product...hozeultra12gun
--

£15.99 B.... hell. Buy a cheapo from a pound shop and throw it
away after a year. Or do as I did and make your own out of
scrap
plumbing bits as can be seen at
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10613

The professional one looks better )
--

It certainly is much prettier, but at that price so it should be.
Sound like mine will outlive several of them though and I have

Mike

Old 21-08-2009, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
The professional one looks better )
--

It certainly is much prettier, but at that price so it should be. Sound
like mine will outlive several of them though and I have the satisfaction
of having made it myself from scrap.

ISTR that we went down a similar road not so long ago !
Plastic has its place, but perhaps not as a trigger material .

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 28-08-2009, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dear Al,

I work in the marketing department at Hozelock and am sorry that you
have had so many problems with the Ultra 12 gun. We have not been
informed of this problem so would like to arrange for these products
to be collected and replaced free of charge.

Could you please let me know your address and telephone details and I
will ask one of our customer services representatives to contact you
to arrange a convenient time to collect the Ultra 12 guns.

Kind regards
Amanda

. 4...

Old 28-08-2009, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-28 15:41:55 +0100, Amanda Wills said:

Dear Al,

I work in the marketing department at Hozelock and am sorry that you
have had so many problems with the Ultra 12 gun. We have not been
informed of this problem so would like to arrange for these products
to be collected and replaced free of charge.

Could you please let me know your address and telephone details and I
will ask one of our customer services representatives to contact you
to arrange a convenient time to collect the Ultra 12 guns.

Nice one, Amanda -- hopefully Al will see your post. Good to see a
response like this from a British manufacturer. I don't think Al would
have been so lucky with Johnny Foreigner.

More power to your elbow.

Old 29-08-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-28 15:41:55 +0100, Amanda Wills
said:

Dear Al,

I work in the marketing department at Hozelock and am sorry that you
have had so many problems with the Ultra 12 gun. We have not been
informed of this problem so would like to arrange for these products
to be collected and replaced free of charge.

Could you please let me know your address and telephone details and I
will ask one of our customer services representatives to contact you
to arrange a convenient time to collect the Ultra 12 guns.

Nice one, Amanda -- hopefully Al will see your post. Good to see a
response like this from a British manufacturer. I don't think Al would
have been so lucky with Johnny Foreigner.

Johnny Foreigners, AKA Gardena, guns don't fall apart :-)

I doubt if Hozelock official representative posts with an e-mail address
like
Amanda Wills
--

I do not think she implies that she is an official representative and I
cannot see anything untoward in

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 29-08-2009, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-29 00:04:41 +0100, Martin said:

Johnny Foreigners, AKA Gardena, guns don't fall apart :-)

Your milege may vary but I have owned two Gardena guns which have
"fallen apart" in the past couple of years -- and two Hozelock guns
which haven't!

Gardena are German of course but "Johnny Foreigner" covers a multitude
of other sins including products of highly dubious quality which have
arrived here as cheap imports from the Far East. Apart from their
quality, or lack of it, you don't get much/anything in the way of
service and support.... which is why I was pleased to see a British
company taking interest and responsibility here.

Old 29-08-2009, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message

Gardena are German of course but "Johnny Foreigner" covers a multitude
of other sins including products of highly dubious quality which have
arrived here as cheap imports from the Far East. Apart from their
quality, or lack of it, you don't get much/anything in the way of
service and support.... which is why I was pleased to see a British
company taking interest and responsibility here.

Peter thinks it is an employee of a British company, rather than the
company
itself. He could be right.

--

Precisely !

Pete

Old 29-08-2009, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Amanda,

I work in the marketing department at Hozelock and am sorry that you
have had so many problems with the Ultra 12 gun. We have not been
informed of this problem so would like to arrange for these products
to be collected and replaced free of charge.

I'll drop an email to your official Hozelock email address.

[Unlike some folk here, I did check that you might actually work for
Hozelock before posting!].

Al.
Old 30-08-2009, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

)

Gardena are German of course but "Johnny Foreigner" covers a multitude
of other sins including products of highly dubious quality which have
arrived here as cheap imports from the Far East. Apart from their
quality, or lack of it, you don't get much/anything in the way of
service and support.... which is why I was pleased to see a British
company taking interest and responsibility here.

Peter thinks it is an employee of a British company, rather than the company
itself. He could be right.

There's no doubt that she works for Hozelock -- see
http://www.hozelock.com/your-gardens.html -- and I don't draw any
distinction between "the company" and an employee. A company cannot
post here, only an individual can. Nor should it make any difference
whether she is posting in her own time or in company time -- she is
clearly posting as the company or on behalf of it, and if she gets the
job done, what is there to be so negative about? Rejoice instead.

Old 31-08-2009, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
I'm sorry but I don't see the bit that proves she works for Hozelock.

If you want to contact Hozelock the way to do it is via
http://www.hozelock.com/contact-us.html

-- and I don't draw any
distinction between "the company" and an employee.

The rest of the world does. Not all employees are allowed to represent a
company's views in public.

There are two issues
a) Was it a genuine post and if so why didn't she use a company e-mail
address?
b) There is nothing preventing a company from posting to news groups. It's
advertising that is frowned upon.

A company cannot
post here, only an individual can. Nor should it make any difference
whether she is posting in her own time or in company time -- she is
clearly posting as the company or on behalf of it, and if she gets the
job done, what is there to be so negative about? Rejoice instead.

Martin's answers win more " precisely's " from me. (:-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com