Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Black spot and smoked bacon

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Regards
Don

Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donwill" wrote in message
I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Regards
Don

Yes well ............................ :-((

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 12, 8:08*pm, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information .........

Well according to Sailor Mike (or Blind Pugh as we know him) the black
spot was a warning issued among pirates of forthcoming doom.
So be afraid, be very afraid!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"Donwill" wrote in message

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Regards
Don

Yes well ............................ :-((

Cheers Mike
Don. (Ex REME, St George's Barracks, Gosport, 1957)
GAMIAN138ATTISCALIDOTCODOTUK
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:08:10 +0100, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Unfortunately requests for information are often unanswered in Usenet. You
cannot demand answers. Usenet is not a paid for service.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

moghouse wrote:
On Sep 12, 8:08 pm, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information .........

Well according to Sailor Mike (or Blind Pugh as we know him) the black
spot was a warning issued among pirates of forthcoming doom.
So be afraid, be very afraid!

RIPPED OUT OF THE BIBLE IT WAS INDEED AND THE PERPETRATORS WILL SUFFER,
INDEED TO GOODNESS.

OK , enough of the silly nonsese do you have any advice for the person
who has asked for information to alleviate the fungal infection on his
plants.
or do you want to continue making a mockery of this well meaning but
slightly rudderless group.
Don
Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:08:10 +0100, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Unfortunately requests for information are often unanswered in Usenet. You
cannot demand answers. Usenet is not a paid for service.

But if they are truly interested in gardening it behoves these experts?
to help others who may have not yet reached their exalted status in the
plant world.
Don
Old 12-09-2009, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donwill" wrote in message
moghouse wrote:
On Sep 12, 8:08 pm, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information .........

Well according to Sailor Mike (or Blind Pugh as we know him) the black
spot was a warning issued among pirates of forthcoming doom.
So be afraid, be very afraid!

RIPPED OUT OF THE BIBLE IT WAS INDEED AND THE PERPETRATORS WILL SUFFER,
INDEED TO GOODNESS.

OK , enough of the silly nonsese do you have any advice for the person who
has asked for information to alleviate the fungal infection on his
plants.
or do you want to continue making a mockery of this well meaning but
slightly rudderless group.
Don

Don you will never be accepted into the clique if you carry on like that.
You will be an outcaste. Welcome to my fold. What you having?? ;-)

Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:12:49 +0100, Donwill wrote:

Unfortunately requests for information are often unanswered in Usenet. You
cannot demand answers. Usenet is not a paid for service.

But if they are truly interested in gardening it behoves these experts?
to help others who may have not yet reached their exalted status in the
plant world.

OMG !!! I took your OP quite seriously and now realise you're obviously
Trolling :-(

Congratulations - I don't fall for it very often :-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 12-09-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:45:57 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:08:10 +0100, Donwill wrote:

I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Unfortunately requests for information are often unanswered in Usenet. You
cannot demand answers. Usenet is not a paid for service.

It's always possible to google for the answer.

Yes but as a contributor to the group do you really think that i.e
"They are easy to make. I'm surprised more people don't make their own.
I started with a Tasty Sausage Maker advertised in Private Eye and moved
on to using a sausage making attachment on the Kenwood Chef."
is an useful contribution to uk.rec.gardening.I'm inclined to suggest
that if you want to chat to your friends about OT topics why not email
them and enjoy your intercourse that way.

Cheers
Don

Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:12:49 +0100, Donwill wrote:

Unfortunately requests for information are often unanswered in Usenet. You
cannot demand answers. Usenet is not a paid for service.

But if they are truly interested in gardening it behoves these experts?
to help others who may have not yet reached their exalted status in the
plant world.

OMG !!! I took your OP quite seriously and now realise you're obviously
Trolling :-(

You poor deluded fellow, you really cannot understand that anyone can be
really interested in helping others can you!
Congratulations - I don't fall for it very often :-)

And you haven't fallen for anything on this occasion either exept in
your churlish mind, if you really need to be convinced
I suggest you look up my record of contributions to NGs in general.
Old 13-09-2009, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:

It's always possible to google for the answer.

I had hence knowing it was a fungal infection the greatest
"spreader/enabler" of which was damp (water splashing up from the soil
included). What I had asked for was opinions ("pet" methods). To the
person who said you can't demand answers I didn't (I wouldn't)I asked
for opinions, if no one feels like answering or has anything to say far
be it for me to demand answers.
Donwill unfortunately I don't have access to a power station so
living downwind of one is out.
Old 13-09-2009, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 12, 10:49*pm, Donwill wrote:

Yes but as a contributor to the group do you really think that i.e
*"They are easy to make. I'm surprised more people don't make their own..
I started with a Tasty Sausage Maker advertised in Private Eye and moved
on to using a sausage making attachment on the Kenwood Chef."
is an useful contribution to uk.rec.gardening.I'm inclined to suggest
that if you want to chat to your friends about OT topics why not email
them and enjoy your intercourse that way.

OMG. Why didn't you make it clear that the Black Spot was on your
sausage?
Old 13-09-2009, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

"Donwill" wrote in message
I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group. While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.
Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

I imagine that if people /had/ a preferred solution to black spot they would
have posted it.

And if they don't they won't.

It's not an 'either/or' when it comes to responding. The fact that people
are responding to a thread about smokey bacon is irrelevant when it comes to
the fact that they have not responded to a Black Spot question.

Old 13-09-2009, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 12, 9:08*pm, Donwill wrote:
I'm a little surprised at the stalwarts of this group that none can help
with a request for advice on black spot which is a legitimate and
reasonable request for information to a gardening group.

Ah yes, I remember it; wasn't sure what was been asked though. There
was a 'pet' mentioned, though not actually a black one called spot, I
think.
Come to think of it, a 'pet' method would suggest an element of
repetition, suggesting in turn, that it ain't working, so the OP,
whilst seemingly having a grasp on what BS is, seemed to be asking for
an unsuccessful approach.
As I didn't have one to mind I gave it a miss.
As for the chemical alternatives I wondered if detergents such as
amarillotox, or is it armillotox, qualifies as a 'chemical' to the OP
and whether they are still available in the UK. (I'm not, so i gave
that a miss too)
While you
stalwarts in the same time frame discuss " smoked bacon??" ad nauseum.

23 posts is hardly ad nauseum. And phrased in such a way that the
readers were, evidentially in some small number, more able to get
their teeth into it.

Wow, get with it please and think about helping your up and coming
gardeners.

Ah yes, and introducing your antagonism through your troll fest will
do wonders for that. Do please just go **** yourself you ****.

Regards
Don

Fuchsia magellanica lady bacon Instep[_2_] United Kingdom 2 06-02-2008 09:17 AM
Tiffen Mennonite: Tastes like smoked bacon! DaveH Edible Gardening 3 06-09-2007 01:59 PM
OT - bacon fat and birds undergroundbob United Kingdom 25 11-01-2006 09:56 AM
James Bacon Dicky Orchids 0 25-04-2004 02:04 PM
Smoked salmon: croft smoked. Oz Gardening 0 23-10-2003 11:12 AM