Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OTish? Horse s**t. (Leading on from cat crap)

On Mar 2, 12:07*pm, Janet wrote:
In article 1ab2e477-0f4a-4388-a23b-
, says...

All upmarket dogs have two sylable names. Lowlife dogs have single
sylable names. *Just something I have noticed.

* * That chip on your shoulder must be affecting your hearing.

* *The creme de la creme of dog aristocracy, are the highly trained
working sheep dog, which are traditionally given a single-syllable name. *

* *Janet.

La-ssie? Black Bob?
You watch too much TV and "One man and his dog".
Absoluetely no relation to reality.
Heh Heh. Sheep farmers are the poorest (and hardest working of the
lot). (I used to have a hill farm in Wales. Most of my nieghbours
lived in absolute penury. The traditional dog food was potato
peelings. Boiled if it was lucky. Plus the odd rabbit/rat it caught
for itself.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 2, 1:25*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"John" wrote in message

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:48:32 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

I raised the point about people going off topic and way off gardening and
the police said it is 'Topic Drift'

:-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

We're only here for a bit of a laugh?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 2, 3:01*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:07:58 -0000, Janet wrote:
In article 1ab2e477-0f4a-4388-a23b-
, says...

All upmarket dogs have two sylable names. Lowlife dogs have single
sylable names. *Just something I have noticed.

* *That chip on your shoulder must be affecting your hearing.

* The creme de la creme of dog aristocracy, are the highly trained
working sheep dog, which are traditionally given a single-syllable name. *

I want to a sheep dog trial in Shropshire where the dog's owner referred to his
dog as Black *******, as in do what you're told you 'kin Black *******. The
vicar blushed too.
--

Martin

Yep, that's about it. There are lots of people here live in cloud
cuckoo land.
Farmers beat their dogs to train them. Seen it many times. It gets
the dogs attention I'm told.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message

wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

I raised the point about people going off topic and way off gardening and
the police said it is 'Topic Drift'

:-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

We're only here for a bit of a laugh?

.................................................. ........

My god your family will get a letter for that!!!!!

This is a serious newsgroup/forum.

Go and wash you mouth out.

77 Hail Maries for you young man/woman ;-)

Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 2, 2:46*pm, wrote:
In article ,

Martin wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:07:58 -0000, Janet wrote:
In article 1ab2e477-0f4a-4388-a23b-
, says...

All upmarket dogs have two sylable names. Lowlife dogs have single
sylable names. *Just something I have noticed.

* *That chip on your shoulder must be affecting your hearing.

* The creme de la creme of dog aristocracy, are the highly trained
working sheep dog, which are traditionally given a single-syllable name.. *

I want to a sheep dog trial in Shropshire where the dog's owner referred to his
dog as Black *******, as in do what you're told you 'kin Black *******. The
vicar blushed too.

I knew someone who had two gun dogs called Damn and Blast - and he
was landed gentry.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.- Hide quoted text -

Hell hounds clearly.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Registered User

Hi Mike,
When the winder upper get wound up its time to look in the mirror and ask why!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;914086"]"Baz" wrote in message
...-
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
--

Give him some slack space, my friend.

Ignore him if you have to. But he has contributed, and is obviously
in some
distress.

Baz-

'distress' ?

Ties others who are distressed if they don't have the opportunity to
take a poke at me :-))

That's why I 'bait' them :-))

And they bite every time. You watch.

They HAVE to reply/poke

Kindest regards

Mike
-

Mike, the only reason of the above, is that it's all in your head.
Nobody is making or forcing you to reply! Quite the opposite.

You are showing all the signs of Paranoia, Mike.
I would suggest to you getting some help with it. It is not shameful,
and
know it must be quite shocking to you, but I urge you to at least
explore
the possibility. See your GP, he/she will not be judgemental, they see
it
as part of their job. After all it is not uncommon.

Please take this as advice and not criticism.
Your friend
Baz-

And your Medical qualifications are ............................ ?

Kindest regards

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Hi Mike,
When the winder upper get wound up its time to look in the
mirror and ask why!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open.

--
uriel13

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

:-))

and if you think I am wound up, I suggest YOU have the problem :-))

Kindest possible sympathies :-))

Mike
Read and digest my sig ;-) Advertising NOTHING, just some advice to you
:-)))

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 03-03-2011, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How Many?

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:58:13 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;914086"]"Baz" wrote in message
...-
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
--

[...]

How many people have to tell you you have a problem before you begin
to accept it?
Do you REALLY think you are the only one in step?
Wouldn't you rather have people like you instead of pity you?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:58:13 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;914086"]"Baz" wrote in message
...-
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
--

[...]

I don't have a problem. YOU have if you are brainwashed by the others :-))

When I went in for my heart operation, THIS NEWSGROUP/FORUM was the ONLY one
which had been brainwashed to not send any get well cards. Another two
forums posted I think it was 21 pages (I have them somewhere so will check
sometime) which were printed off and brought into me. The locker top was not
large enough for all the cards. Does that look like I am lacking friends?
Hospital visiting is supposed to be two at a time at the bedside. At one
time I had SEVEN. Does that look as if I lack friends?

It is?

YOU have the problem

Best possible wishes

Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 3, 9:24*am, Fuschia wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:58:13 -0000, "'Mike'"

wrote:

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;914086"]"Baz" wrote in message
...-
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
--

[...]

Wouldn't you rather have people like you instead of pity you?- Hide quoted text -

It's the eccentrics that comes up with new ideas and thinking. The
rest just listen to one another and form their opinions that way. A
closed circuit with no feed in.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuschia[_3_] View Post
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:58:13 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;914086"]"Baz"
wrote in message
...-
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
--

[...]

No sympathy required, and or indeed needed, advice, I think not from you!

Amen and blessings on you.
Uriel13

The mind is like a parachute it is totally useless unless it is open!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message
The village I live in has a Parish Council who get bees in their
bonnets from time to time. A recent one was about dog crap, ie that
people should clear up after their dog. Which is fair enough, though
some of the hoity-toity hate the idea, especially if their hounds
start crapping in front of an audience. Everybody knows WHO DUN IT and
is waiting to watch for the indignity of them having to pick it up.
Great.
Their dogs are always called Barny, Archie or Rufus or some such. The
lowlifers' dogs are called Sam or other low class name.

Harry apart from being an outstanding snob, you are entirely wrong about
human behaviour as far as clearing up dogs mess is concerned. Most decent
folk (NOT hoity toity types as you like to think of them) do carry doggy
bags and pick up their pets' mess, it is usually the scruffy, less polite
types who don't give a damn!!

It is not easy to get the local authority to site dog bins in the first
place.

As far as horses are concerned, it has always puzzled me hwy a horse can
leave so much manure on a road and no-one in authourity seems to be alarmed
at the mess, especially after a lorry or two as driven throught the heap!

Bill

Old 04-03-2011, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message
The village I live in has a Parish Council who get bees in their
bonnets from time to time. A recent one was about dog crap, ie that
people should clear up after their dog. Which is fair enough, though
some of the hoity-toity hate the idea, especially if their hounds
start crapping in front of an audience. Everybody knows WHO DUN IT and
is waiting to watch for the indignity of them having to pick it up.
Great.
Their dogs are always called Barny, Archie or Rufus or some such. The
lowlifers' dogs are called Sam or other low class name.

Harry apart from being an outstanding snob, you are entirely wrong about
human behaviour as far as clearing up dogs mess is concerned. Most decent
folk (NOT hoity toity types as you like to think of them) do carry doggy
bags and pick up their pets' mess,

but I do wish they would either find a Doggy Bin to put their little 'Doggie
Bag' in or take it home and NOT just chuck it under or in the nearest hedge.
The plastic bag looks unsightly and does not rot down :-((

Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 4, 1:45*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:

[...]

OP was about horse crap. (The dog crappers should take it home with
them.)
Old 04-03-2011, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:13:54 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Mar 3, 4:02*pm, Mike Lyle wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:34:48 +0100, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 23:05:00 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

[...]

Where has this word "poo" come from? *Sounds like a nursery word.

Winnie's house on poo corner?

Odd, isn't it? Defintiely a kiddie-winkie word: I suppose the meeja
use it as they do "willie" so they have an excuse to talk about taboo
subjects. The spelling in my head is "pooh", but Oxford says it's now
usually "poo". *I find it baffling that Milne doesn't seem to have
known the lavatorial meaning of the word.

--
Mike.- Hide quoted text -

Clearly it wasn't in his day. A bit like "gay". Another hijacked word.

Maybe. But I find it surprising.

--
Mike.