Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OTish? Horse s**t. (Leading on from cat crap)

The village I live in has a Parish Council who get bees in their
bonnets from time to time. A recent one was about dog crap, ie that
people should clear up after their dog. Which is fair enough, though
some of the hoity-toity hate the idea, especially if their hounds
start crapping in front of an audience. Everybody knows WHO DUN IT and
is waiting to watch for the indignity of them having to pick it up.
Great.
Their dogs are always called Barny, Archie or Rufus or some such. The
lowlifers' dogs are called Sam or other low class name.

I think I'll put the idea forward that the same should apply to horse
owners. I should love to see the supercilious gits having to get down
and shovel it up. They'd have to carry a shovel with them too. Heh!
Heh!

Many of the hoitys have horses and dogs but don't like their dogs
crapping in the horse paddock. Is there a disease?

We have lots of hoity in our village, though I live in the "rough
end" (but not the really lowlife end, which is the council house
estate).
To qualify for the upper end you need to drive a German car and have a
half timbered "cottage". Oh, or a barn conversion.
I have niether.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

harry wrote in news:f2262cb6-995e-48dd-b70d-
:

The people here are far too hoity to rush out and shovel up horse
crap.
They go down the garden centre in their Beemers and buy expensive
sterile compost. Or at least it looks sterile to them.
We have lots of livery and horse arena thingys round here. My
nieghbour has a huge trailer, we go down there and assist them by
taking several tons of rotted crap away. The fresh stuff rots down
to nearly nothing.
Cow crap is better if you can get it. Horse cap is full of seeds,
nothing survives passage through a cow.

I have often read that horse manure is full of seeds but in my experience
the only ones are nettles. Perhaps I have been lucky. The nettles are a bit
of a nuisance but I have found that getting them out as they appear does
the trick mostly. I can see some in my garden now that I missed but can dig
them out as there is nothing planted by me, and is going to be dug over
soon for spring planting.
There is no chance of me getting cow manure these days, or pig manure for
that matter. My dad years ago could even get it free and delivered for
free, I don't know if it was that he knew the farmer or because the farmers
wanted it gone as a waste product.
One thing for certain imo is that manure is THE product(ok. by-product)
needed in a veg garden for 'how many' reasons.

Baz
Old 02-03-2011, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote in
:

I expect the people you refer to are wannabees who never were :-) and
never will be. Money, i.e. lifestyle or expensive car, big house does not
bring class, money will never buy them manners either.

Lottery winners perhaps.:-(

You don't have to be 'posh' to have standards or manners. You either have
them or you do not.
Take for example some of the (I hate this word) celebrities who make
thousands of pounds from tv., footballers, newscasters, chefs. Every second
word is a **** word. They think it's hilarious, and it would be if it was
only a slip of the tongueue, rarely.
Don't get me wrong, I like a laugh as much as the next, and enjoy a 'blue'
joke, and sometimes I pass wind loudly when I am with in the company of
like-minded peers. That doesn't make me a lout or lowlife, it also does not
make me posh. It means that I am a working class regular person who likes a
laugh and does not inflict my 'secret' humour on (lets say) my daughter, or
her husband.(who thinks he's posh).

Rant over
Baz

Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:48:32 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

Old 02-03-2011, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

John wrote in news:2qfsm618gukvm0ebujr9ajedgg1o0ul01s@
4ax.com:

wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

Give him some slack space, my friend.

Ignore him if you have to. But he has contributed, and is obviously in some
distress.

Baz
Old 02-03-2011, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

I raised the point about people going off topic and way off gardening and
the police said it is 'Topic Drift'

:-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 02-03-2011, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

Give him some slack space, my friend.

Ignore him if you have to. But he has contributed, and is obviously in
some
distress.

Baz

'distress' ?

Ties others who are distressed if they don't have the opportunity to take a
poke at me :-))

That's why I 'bait' them :-))

And they bite every time. You watch.

They HAVE to reply/poke

Kindest regards

Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I had never heard of the name Carlotta until I met Brian Thomas,
newsletter
editor of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association and his book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carlottas-Da.../dp/1843864584

and a bit about the Association

http://www.rneba.org.uk/html/newletter_editor.html

Any 'Greenies' out there?

You're off topic Mike. This thread is about horseshit, not bullshit.

All on your own today? Where's your ailurophobic friend?

Give him some slack space, my friend.

Ignore him if you have to. But he has contributed, and is obviously in some
distress.

Don't worry Baz. I appreciate your concern but Mike positively enjoys
being a figure of fun and as you can see he will do anything to
attract it.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Give him some slack space, my friend.

Ignore him if you have to. But he has contributed, and is obviously
in some
distress.

Baz

'distress' ?

Ties others who are distressed if they don't have the opportunity to
take a poke at me :-))

That's why I 'bait' them :-))

And they bite every time. You watch.

They HAVE to reply/poke

Kindest regards

Mike

Mike, the only reason of the above, is that it's all in your head.
Nobody is making or forcing you to reply! Quite the opposite.

You are showing all the signs of Paranoia, Mike.
I would suggest to you getting some help with it. It is not shameful, and I
know it must be quite shocking to you, but I urge you to at least explore
the possibility. See your GP, he/she will not be judgemental, they see it
as part of their job. After all it is not uncommon.

Please take this as advice and not criticism.
Your friend
Baz

Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 00:49:34 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

[...]

We have lots of hoity in our village, though I live in the "rough
end" (but not the really lowlife end, which is the council house
estate).

Abrupt disqualification there, from the game of calling other people
snobs. But thanks for playing.

--
Mike.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

[...]

And your Medical qualifications are ............................ ?

Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:01:45 -0000, Baz wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

[...]

Hello Baz.
It's very kind of you to make such a thoughtful suggestion, but I fear it
will fall on deaf ears. Similar comments have been made by various
well-intended contributors over the years but unfortunately they have all
been rebuffed. Your (presumable amateur?) diagnosis may or may not be
correct - others have suggested different conditions and only an expert
would be able to assess the actual problem and suitable treatment.
Unfortunately this would need the patient's cooperation, which does not
seem to be forthcoming. That's a great shame because whatever the
condition is it seems to be getting worse and on more than one occasion he
has seriously offended people and come close to getting into trouble.
I think that all we can do for the moment is to ignore his posts and hope
that his family or friends can persuade him to get help.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"RG" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Please remember that.

Kindest POSSIBLE regards and let's hope you can improve on your postings.