Old 08-07-2011, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Will it never end?

When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.
David Hill
Old 08-07-2011, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.

We have had rain too but nothing to moan about, it's this wind that is
annoying me, always seems to be a wind these days.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2011, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
When will this blasted rain stop?

Not just yet I hope, my water buts are almost refilled, a couple more decent
falls should do it.

Mike

Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
When will this blasted rain stop?

Not just yet I hope, my water buts are almost refilled, a couple more
decent falls should do it.

Mike

:-))

We're alright :-))

7 water buts full :-))

Sun shining, sort of.

Washing out on the line drying in the nice breeze :-))

Mike

Old 08-07-2011, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in news:97o7m2F39dU1
@mid.individual.net:

We have had rain too but nothing to moan about, it's this wind that is
annoying me, always seems to be a wind these days.

I thought it was just me who thinks this.

Baz

Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 03:36:16 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.
David Hill

It was so loud just that I video'd it! A real monster down pour again.
The rain barrels are full and we need some more.

My turn to win the lottery tonight I'm afriad!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.
David Hill

It was so loud just that I video'd it! A real monster down pour again.
The rain barrels are full and we need some more.

My turn to win the lottery tonight I'm afriad!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

:-((((

So very very sorry but it is my turn because of the organisations I wish to
help. For example just look at these ...

http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx we have just rescued this from
the big hammer :-)

http://www.shanklintheatre.com/friends.aspx who are the volunteers with 110%
devotion to keeping the theatre open, are doing
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo well :--

and

http://www.apollo-theatre.org.uk/ been going now for nearly 40 years with
volunteers :-)) Could do with a bit of a cash injection to improve/expand
their facilities

and

http://www.mmband.org.uk/

Now this is the Youth of tomorrow and they could do with a cash injection

Do you want me to go on?

Of course not, you already realise that I am the bloke to win so I can pass
the money on to worthy causes, worthy causes far better than yours :-))

and, in case you are not convinced, http://bembridgeharbourtrust.org/ who
have a Public Meeting next Friday and I have offered to give my support.

Case proven

Mike

Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:

[...]

I'd have thought if you were half the person you keep telling us you
are then at least half would go to the East Africa Crisis Appeal
http://www.dec.org.uk/item/506?gclid...FUQKfAodoGi8Yg
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. .

I want to see money put to good use. When they are taught to stop producing
children in such a hopeless climate, then I might consider them.

Mike

Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I would add that charity begins at home and I am appalled at some of the
quantities of money given out by our Governments to overseas countries.

Mike

Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.
David Hill

Thunder with huge downpour this p.m. - so much came down so quickly that my
gutters could not take it and my bay window started to leak at the junction
with the house. I had to put a container on top of the back of my settee to
catch it and there was more than in inch in there by the time it stopped.
Tina

Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 21:02:24 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I want to see money put to good use. When they are taught to stop producing
children in such a hopeless climate, then I might consider them.

It's a great pity your mother didn't use contraception.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Thunder with huge downpour this p.m. - so much came down so quickly
that my gutters could not take it and my bay window started to leak at
the junction with the house. I had to put a container on top of the
back of my settee to catch it and there was more than in inch in there
by the time it stopped. Tina

I just want to say that your bay window should not leak whether your
guttering is good or not.
This bay window needs urgent attention to get it sealed properly.
Probably lead flashing problem, but it won't right itself, and if you have
a flood from it as it gets worse and your settee and carpet get ruined by
it, you might have an insurance claim which may get rejected.
Doom and gloom I know, but I think it is something that needs attention
now.

Baz
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote ...

When will this blasted rain stop?
The last 2 days have given us 1.35 inches of rain and its still coming
in some very heavy bursts.
I should have got my planting finished this week, instead I've just
managed to get around 280 dahlias planted.
Just want to win the Euro lottery tonight and I could get away from
the rain.........some hope.

We have had rain too but nothing to moan about, it's this wind that is
annoying me, always seems to be a wind these days.

I seem to suffer a lot from wind these days, don't know why!

Gets emabarssing sometimes!

Alan