Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain: hard and fast

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over an
hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally takes
10 mins.
Welcome though.

Baz
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over an
hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally takes
10 mins.
Welcome though.

Dry as a bone here in N.E. Lincs. We need it badly but it's missing us :-(
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hugh Jampton wrote in
:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over
an hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally
takes 10 mins.
Welcome though.

Dry as a bone here in N.E. Lincs. We need it badly but it's missing us
:-(

Skeggy?

Scunny here.

Baz
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:26:16 GMT, Baz wrote:

Dry as a bone here in N.E. Lincs. We need it badly but it's missing us
:-(

Skeggy?

Skeggy isn't in N.E. Lincs - it's much further south. I'm in a village on
the edge of the Wolds, 6 miles inland from Grimsby.

Scunny here.

Not too far from here.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hugh Jampton wrote in news:ros7xvt08k70.1a0ozxba9twx1
:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:26:16 GMT, Baz wrote:

Dry as a bone here in N.E. Lincs. We need it badly but it's missing us
:-(

Skeggy?

Skeggy isn't in N.E. Lincs - it's much further south. I'm in a village on
the edge of the Wolds, 6 miles inland from Grimsby.

Scunny here.

Not too far from here.

Well anyway brace yourself for some wet stuff, if it goes your way when
it's finished with us.

Baz

Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:18:08 GMT, Baz wrote:

Well anyway brace yourself for some wet stuff, if it goes your way when
it's finished with us.

Had a little bit 1.2mm. Not enough :-(

Perhaps tomorrow ?
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Hugh Jampton
writes
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over an
hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally takes
10 mins.
Welcome though.

Dry as a bone here in N.E. Lincs. We need it badly but it's missing us :-(

Friends of ours live on the Western edge of Peterborough. There have
been reports and piccies of torrential rain earlier in Peterborough,
roads inches deep in water etc.

At their house it was dry as a bone.
--
Chris French

Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in :

It's on it's way, Sacha; it's on it's way!

Only half an inch of it so far, Chris! And as we have a group coming
round the garden this afternoon, I hope it waits a bit longer, too.
All night tonight would be very welcome. ;-)

Been sent home from work today, seems the rain has blown the electricity
somehow.
A chap at work says his and neighbours gardens are flooded though much less
so this morning.
No gardening at home today though it's raining.
The lawns look better already(rose tinted glasses?) and I see the runner
beans have grown enourmously since yesterday.

Hope everybody gets some soon,
Baz
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

Have you tried this weather forecast site?
http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdo...urton~2656977/

It is remarkably accurate for this part of the world.

Looks like a good forecast site.
I have just bookmarked my home town with yr.no from your reccommendation
and will see what happens.

Thanks, Martin
Baz
Old 04-08-2011, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
Been sent home from work today, seems the rain has blown the electricity
somehow.

We had blip in energy at about 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday) lots of
alarms going off and I was collecting cherry plums with someone outside
her house. Her electric gates shut and we had to try and find a way in
to reset them. Then we had to make sure no one else could get in
afterwards!

Computers reset etc.
Drizzling here today but steady and needed. Very good weather website,
love the web cam suggestions - only thing is they make Amersham (the old
town down the hill) higher in elevation that Amersham-on-the-hill!

Still I have now bookmarked it.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

In article , Baz
writes
Been sent home from work today, seems the rain has blown the electricity
somehow.

We had blip in energy at about 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday) lots of
alarms going off and I was collecting cherry plums with someone outside
her house. Her electric gates shut and we had to try and find a way in
to reset them. Then we had to make sure no one else could get in
afterwards!

Computers reset etc.
Drizzling here today but steady and needed. Very good weather website,
love the web cam suggestions - only thing is they make Amersham (the old
town down the hill) higher in elevation that Amersham-on-the-hill!

Still I have now bookmarked it.

Janet

We rely too much on electricity don't we.
You know, computers have taken over, and without electricity we can't
charge laps or phones without a generator and other assorted hardware.
For obvious reasons we are not allowed to use any software out of office.
At my workplace, I am one of only a few who makes hard copies of important
docs. That is my fault and I am sort of working from home today when most
of the others have the whole day off with pay. Silly me. Stupid me.

Time I found another job where things are more "professional". hmph!
Baz
Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over an
hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally takes
10 mins.
Welcome though.

Baz

Grey as winter here but still boiling hot.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Sacha wrote in :

It's on it's way, Sacha; it's on it's way!

Only half an inch of it so far, Chris! And as we have a group coming
round the garden this afternoon, I hope it waits a bit longer, too.
All night tonight would be very welcome. ;-)

Been sent home from work today, seems the rain has blown the electricity
somehow.
A chap at work says his and neighbours gardens are flooded though much
less
so this morning.
No gardening at home today though it's raining.
The lawns look better already(rose tinted glasses?) and I see the runner
beans have grown enourmously since yesterday.

Hope everybody gets some soon,
Baz

Here at the south east tip of Suffolk we have had steady rain all morning.
Much appreciated by me but not the cats.
Haven't been near the lottie for over a week due to a very nasty bout of
laryngitis - should imagine the weeds there are appreciating it too!

--
Kathy

Old 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:41:45 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:54:17 +0100, mogga
wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over an
hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally takes
10 mins.
Welcome though.

Baz

Grey as winter here but still boiling hot.

It hasn't been boiling hot here, although there seems to be more UV
than normal

How are you measuring that? By how brown you're going?

I have worn very similar length tshirts this year whilst outside so
have very brown arms ...
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga wrote in
:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over
an hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally
takes 10 mins.
Welcome though.

Baz

Grey as winter here but still boiling hot.

Yes, sticky,sweaty, horrible atmosphere(humidity?) but just before the rain
we had a lovely coolish breeze.
Can I give you a tip?
Put some underwear intended for tomorrow in a plastic bag in the fridge. I
put in a tee shirt as well. After your am shower or bath put 'em on for a
bit before you change for work. Honestly it helps.

It won't be long now until we have the dreaded Christmas and frosts, so
make the most of this time how ever uncomfortable it is.

Baz