Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How bad is bad?

In article , Styx
Lawyer writes
Then you should try it. Anybody can attend the public gallery of courts and I highly
recommend it. For a start, the accused does not provide any case or explanations.
A respectable middle class lawyer, makes a good living doing that for him.

Sorry Janet, that's what i meant by putting up a case. And then there's
always Legal Aid so we are probably paying in some way for their defence

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
one of the things that seems to have gone by the
board is the concept of "it takes a village to bring up a child". The
'old days' of parents, grand parents, aunts and uncles, all keeping an
eye out for the neighbourhood children, have gone.
That's one of the consequences of a more mobile society. I have no relatives within 150miles. The reasonable advice to the unemployed to be prepared to move to where the work is has the side effect of moving young families away from the extended family and settling them into an area where they know no-one.
__________________
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:12:00 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Surely, during conscripted National Service, that must have been
exactly what the services did have to deal with? Even though they

had
serious work to do.

I don't think that those 17 year olds would have been quite so
obnoxious.

And the Drill Sargent wouldn't have stood for any nonsense.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 13-08-2011, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
The Dalmatian Telegrapgh? :-)

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

The news coverage is a bit spotty... ;-)

If it was the Guardian it would be the "Telegrapgh" - The Daily
Telegraph knows how to spell