Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default lawnmower troubles

On Oct 2, 9:51*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

On Oct 1, 12:05 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article
,
Bart writes

You might find it a whole lot easier, and far less costly to remove
the spark plug when the mower stops, and see whether its sparking
properly or not,

How do i look at the spark plug at the same time as pulling the rope
that pulls the choke/ignition? I need to stand at the back to get enough
pull on the rope itself so peering over to the front of the machine is
not going to be terribly easy as I'm only 5ft 4"
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Might be easier and cheaper to find someone to give you a hand for a
few minutes, and at least make an attempt to sort out your problems,
rather than endless posts on here, which mostly result in responses
from people who dont seem to have much clue about how a small engine
actually works?
.................................................. ............................

Something else you are an expert in Chris?

Or just more unsubstantiated lies from you?

"The man's so up his own rear end as to be
unbelievable! He must have a 2 foot diameter sphincter at least (to
allow the shoulders to follow the head)."

Jake 2011

Says it all really, eh Mike!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Bart writes
I wonder why you seem able to make the effort to post on here, but
cant be bothered to take the only advice thats been offered that might
assist in resolving your problem?

I am actually taking that advice thank you Bart, and oh look, politely
replying to your message. You could always kill the thread

Shan't post on this topic again, unless necessary

Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bart" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 9:46 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , MuddyMike
writes

lots of really useful information and ..................

I have a Hayter 56, the slightly bigger brother to yours and in the18
years
I have owned it, other than new blades, it has needed two replacement
diaphragms and one replacement drive belt. they are good machines but do
need basic servicing.

Mike

Well I have had the machine serviced at two very good mower companies
before now but they took so long that i take it to a general mower man
nearby instead .

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and book it in to Bryants or Browns
then ...

Need to print your instructions out in large letters and try and follow
them if I can! Thanks Mike much appreciated

You might find it a whole lot easier, and far less costly to remove
the spark plug when the mower stops, and see whether its sparking
properly or not, as I suggested in an earlier post. Posters on here
seem blissfully unaware of the fact an engine needs 3 things before it
will run: 1) Air 2) Fuel 3) Spark.................you seem to have had
someone investigate the first 2 things at some length, so taking a
good look at the third possibility might be worth a try before
squandering so much money, it would have been cheaper to have bought a
new mower.

Not forgetting compression :-)

Bill

Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My minitractor suffered from identical problem.

Kink in fuel line - tank to carb (plastic small bore pipe), causing fuel
starvation same place every outing !

Now sorted. Also ensure that there are no rising sections in the line -
best if there is continuous fall.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 05-10-2011, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , hugh ]
writes
Has he cleaned the air filter?

Yes put new one in

Check state of spark plug when it stops.
It may be getting too little or too much petrol.

Will do. Does sometimes stink of petrol when try and restart it after it
stops.

Janet, you had a lot of information, probably information overload, all from
mostly well intentioned poster - bar one Bart!.

The symptom you've just mentioned may well lead an engineer to quickly
discover the solution to your problem. I'm not going to suggest a reason or
cure as you have had enough already and more would only serve to confuse.

Good luck and I think you'll be up and running again soon.

Bill

Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bill Grey
writes
Janet, you had a lot of information, probably information overload, all from
mostly well intentioned poster - bar one Bart!.

The symptom you've just mentioned may well lead an engineer to quickly
discover the solution to your problem. I'm not going to suggest a reason or
cure as you have had enough already and more would only serve to confuse.

Good luck and I think you'll be up and running again soon.

Bill

Yes printed out all help and advice and took it back to lawnmower man,
since then got mower back and though it sounds a bit rough it s actually
doing the lawn!!
Managed to cut lawn with thanks to everyone who helped

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 25-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy View Post
Not sure if anyone has any suggestions to solve current plight with
lawnmower but I'd be glad of any ideas.

Have a nice Hayter 48 with rear roller etc., Trouble started last year
when for no reason the mower kept stopping after I'd done two lines up
and down lawn, about 100 foot each.
Took it to mower man, he diagnosed fuel blockage perhaps or new cap for
petrol. Got both just in case, came home and it went about a month then
spluttered to a halt after two stripes once more.
It starts again if i leave it for about 15 minutes but only ever does
the same amount before it sounds like it is running out of petrol.
The mower man bless him hasn't charged for subsequent trips to see him,
but it's now been there 5 times and been almost rebuilt!.
I make sure i don't strain it, it makes no difference if i try to cut a
little or a lot, it peters out after same time.
Petrol can replaced, fuel thing emptied and filled with clean petrol,
new cap with hole made bigger and so on.

Driving me up the wall as it means the grass takes about 2 days to cut
overall, so suggestions welcome.

Janet
Hi Janet it sounds as if the diaphram and gaskets gone. Its a very easy fix and cheap. Theres a dvd available athttp://repairinglawnmowersforprofit.com that covers all basic repairs of your mower. Hope this helps
Old 25-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
On Oct 2, 9:51*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

[...]

Hi this video on you tube shows you how to check for spark
Kanal von MowerMan1977 - YouTube