Old 09-04-2012, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My wife does not understand me!

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:10:48 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Ditto here save that it's Southern Comfort. Outside the noisy bweeting
tirds are hiding in the rees from the train and aren't fouching the
teeders at all except for the feen grinches.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Moonraker wrote in :

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Does she know what a fird breeder is? Give her a fird grin and chronic.
Give all birds what they like in the morning. On the table with lots of big
nuts, works for me!

Baz
Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Ditto here save that it's Southern Comfort. Outside the noisy bweeting
tirds are hiding in the rees from the train and aren't fouching the
teeders at all except for the feen grinches.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.

Funny how 'Spooner Speak' kicks in when the sun is over the Yardarm

Mike

Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

wrote:

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Ditto here save that it's Southern Comfort. Outside the noisy bweeting
tirds are hiding in the rees from the train and aren't fouching the
teeders at all except for the feen grinches.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.

Funny how 'Spooner Speak' kicks in when the sun is over the Yardarm

Mike

'Spooner Speak'? Mike what is this?

Baz

Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

wrote:

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Ditto here save that it's Southern Comfort. Outside the noisy bweeting
tirds are hiding in the rees from the train and aren't fouching the
teeders at all except for the feen grinches.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.

Funny how 'Spooner Speak' kicks in when the sun is over the Yardarm

Mike

'Spooner Speak'? Mike what is this?

Baz

Fest I could Bind

http://www.fun-with-words.com/spoonerisms.html

Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

'Spooner Speak'? what is this?

Look up Spoonerism

Janet

Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Spoonerisms? Oh! Takes the fun out of it when its all done for you with a
web page. Still, thats how we have to have it all now. No imagination,
just repetition.

Baz
Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

When I first got into the Theatre it was with a show representing 100 years
of Theatre and one of the members did a skit on Spooner himself. "Had a
dizzy bay" always remind me of Michael who did the sketch

Mike

Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, OK.

Baz

Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

snippy
Not a spoonerism, but I remember my first employer used to refer to Gatport
Airwick. Never forgotten that.
Pete C

Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 9, 5:52*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
"Baz" wrote in message
6...
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

snippy
Not a spoonerism, but I remember my first employer used to refer to Gatport
Airwick. Never forgotten that.
Pete C

Are you sure that you dont remember Terry Wogan, he always called it
that?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Apr 9, 5:52 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
"'Mike'" wrote in
:
"Baz" wrote in message
6...
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

snippy
Not a spoonerism, but I remember my first employer used to refer to
Gatport
Airwick. Never forgotten that.
Pete C

Are you sure that you dont remember Terry Wogan, he always called it
that?

No, didn't know that.
Pete C

Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:04:12 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

snippy
Not a spoonerism, but I remember my first employer used to refer to
Gatport
Airwick. Never forgotten that.
Pete C

Are you sure that you dont remember Terry Wogan, he always called it
that?

Are you sure you don't remember Ray Moore who is normally credited
with using the expression on his early morning show on Radio Two
also,used to refer to Trains as the Rattlers when reporting how well
they running and abominable loads for abnormal loads on his traffic
reports.
Hard to believe it has been over twenty years since he died.

G.Harman
Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

This is a cry from the heart, she really does not. A miserable wet
morning, so about an hour ago my wife decided the sun was over the yard
arm. She made me a lovely gin and tonic, ok so far. But a little later
the rain had eased so I told her I would go out and top up the fird
beeders, she did not understand me!

Ditto here save that it's Southern Comfort. Outside the noisy bweeting
tirds are hiding in the rees from the train and aren't fouching the
teeders at all except for the feen grinches.

A few Southern Comforts, you'll be spooning anyone and everyone that
comes your way!

I'm a straight scotch whiskey man myself, though I'll sometimes have a
glass of Bourbon which is my wife's drink. But like most of us I had a
seminal liquor experience when young: mine involved Southern Comfort.
After the loss of a long forgotten lass, I fell in with a band of
strangers and comforted myself to the tune of a pint of the stuff. I
can remember waking up draped over a car bonnet, hoping for a lift back
to school. No idea how I did make it back that day, but the
consequences were seve school probation was quickly passed, but to
this day the mere smell of the brew sends me off shivering and choking!

-E