Old 23-04-2012, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Started peeing down. Again

As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz
Old 23-04-2012, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz

Same here, Baz! But very refined ones, and very persistent. It has
actually stopped now and is relatively clear but with dark clouds on the
horizon. At least we don't have to worry about watering the veg patch
now!
--

Sunny and very warm here and the last bit of snow in my garden melted
overnight{:-)

Old 23-04-2012, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz

are you good at woodwork? I think you should start building an ark.
Tina

Old 23-04-2012, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz

Same here, Baz! But very refined ones, and very persistent. It has
actually stopped now and is relatively clear but with dark clouds on the
horizon. At least we don't have to worry about watering the veg patch
now!

Farmers and those with stuff already sown/planted are probably well pleased
with the current weather (apart from those who scaled back their planting
because of the lack of water) but it is a real pain if you are still trying
to prepare your plot for planting.

At least the trees and bushes recently planted should be getting a decent
watering.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 23-04-2012, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz

Same here, Baz! But very refined ones, and very persistent. It has
actually stopped now and is relatively clear but with dark clouds on the
horizon. At least we don't have to worry about watering the veg patch
now!
--

Sunny and very warm here and the last bit of snow in my garden melted
overnight{:-)
Graham

Ah but are your trees in leaf and your Alliums showing their muscle?!
;-))
--

Most trees are budding. No sign of rhubarb yet. The tarragon is just
starting to peep through. The chive clump is sprouting quite a bit, but

Old 24-04-2012, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
As Sacha would say, stair rods.

Now in receipt of a strong winds warning for tomorrow from Felixstowe Dock,
and the Met Office has a "Be Aware" advisory for heavy rain through
Wednesday, with the possibility of local flooding.

Suggest we rename the group uk.rec.not_gardening_its_raining

Old 24-04-2012, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

The ash trees are breaking into leaf and we're picking rhubarb like mad.
The lawns are being cut regularly now and dandelions are showing up again.
We've seen one brown hare leaping across the lane in front of us a few
evenings ago. It's the first I've seen in years. And the other day -
though not especially seasonal - in my car I followed a sparrow hawk up
the lane for a couple of hundred yards before it jinked left and into a
hedge. I doubt it was more than 2' off the ground.
--

Last year, the provincial govt took dandelions off the list of pest plants
but most urban dwellers still see them as such. I think beacause the grass

Old 24-04-2012, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

Two words - dandelion wine :-)
Requires you to gather buckets full of flowers so they don't set seed and
you get to drink the results.
Seemed to work when we were in Derbyshire - made loads the first year and
didn't get a crop the second.

Old 24-04-2012, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 24, 3:10*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:

Old 24-04-2012, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

Lets try again.
You can always cover them with an upside down bucket or box before
they start to grow, that way you will blanch them, then use them like
chickory in salads etc.
Old 24-04-2012, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

Honey's off, dear.

What about the Waldorf salad?

Baz
Old 24-04-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
As Sacha would say, stair rods.

Now in receipt of a strong winds warning for tomorrow from Felixstowe
Dock, and the Met Office has a "Be Aware" advisory for heavy rain through
Wednesday, with the possibility of local flooding.

Suggest we rename the group uk.rec.not_gardening_its_raining

We have the same weather warning here in Leics, plus 50-60 mph winds.
ISTR that on April 3rd, we were all moaning about not enough rain. Be
careful about what you wish for.

Old 24-04-2012, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:01:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
As Sacha would say, stair rods.

Now in receipt of a strong winds warning for tomorrow from Felixstowe
Dock, and the Met Office has a "Be Aware" advisory for heavy rain through
Wednesday, with the possibility of local flooding.

Suggest we rename the group uk.rec.not_gardening_its_raining

We have the same weather warning here in Leics, plus 50-60 mph winds.
ISTR that on April 3rd, we were all moaning about not enough rain. Be
careful about what you wish for.

The weatherman this evening said something along the lines of the
winds tomorrow would make it feel like October. But every year, just
about now when the crab apple and cherry trees are covered in blossom,
we always have a windy night. Blossom season here is about 48 hours
long.

I'm not moaning though. Caught up with all the ironing yesterday and
got the grass cut today. The next few days will see the breakfast room
redecorated just in time for the slightly improved weather over the
weekend and some time outside.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.
Old 24-04-2012, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

[...]

I prefer a good Bordeaux{:-)
Graham

Here we go again. Peeing down. Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 7 27-08-2012 11:03 AM
Peeing Boy Statue Shelly Ponds 0 11-06-2003 01:32 PM
where can i find some peeing boy statues? Jimmy Ponds 46 02-06-2003 04:20 PM
Peeing on Neighbors Yard BiG_Orange Gardening 47 02-06-2003 03:44 PM