Old 15-05-2012, 04:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default heap

"mogga" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 May 2012 22:18:36 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Well I had hoped that it would rot down, when the digger made a heap of
it,
but now it's just a huge amount of couch grass growing again in a 3 ft
high
heapsigh
I guess growing courgettes in it are out of the plan now.

Not necessarily. courgettes are very hard to kill, I wouldn't have
thought the couch grass would do them much harm. They may even shade
it over enough to kill it off a bit

I'd sort of hoped it would turn into a gigantic compost heap but
realistically, it's been too cold and wet.

How long has it been there?

Only since March.

My massive heap of couch grass and weeds is now lovely soil. The end
I've started excavating is just about a year old.
The other half has lots of things growing in it (jack by the hedge
which smells lovely and garlicy) .. so I covered it in a pile of grass
clippings I got.

I have jack by the hedge in my garden, I eat it. Put a leaf or three on
cheese sandwiches and add a tad of mayo
Tina