Old 21-08-2012, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk never again

In article , says...

The more I try to contact this company the more I believe that they are
not to be trusted. They do not answer emails on any of the three
addresses on their web page. Phoning the number given gets the message
"Unavailable" and the number that Sue gave is invalid.

On their website, the FAQ link offers reasons for postal delays.

"about us" link leads to

http://gardenbirdfeeder.co.uk/acatal...rd_Feeder.html

containing this:

"Our Commitment to you

At Gardenbirdfeeder we strive to make your online shopping experience as smooth, safe and as
hassle free as possible. To prove our commitment we follow the code of conduct for websites
and online businesses with "Safebuy", through safebuys web guidelines for customer safety and
service. Look us up at www.safebuy.org. under "Home & Garden" (Accreditation number:1001296).

That safebuy address (as given by Gardenbirdfeeder) is faulty; it should be
www.safebuy,org.uk/

safebuy offer a mediation service to dissatisfied customers.

http://www.safebuy.org.uk/code-of-practice.html

see sections 3 and 5

Janet.
Old 21-08-2012, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:46:32 +0100, Her@Nowhere wrote:

To prove our commitment we follow the code of conduct for websites
and online businesses with "Safebuy", through safebuys web guidelines
for customer safety and service. Look us up at www.safebuy.org. under
"Home & Garden" (Accreditation number:1001296).

That safebuy address (as given by Gardenbirdfeeder) is faulty; it
should be www.safebuy,org.uk/

I love it when posted corrections contain typos. B-)

Try: www.safebuy.org.uk

The link to the code of practice is typo free.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 21-08-2012, 01:18 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
The more I try to contact this company the more I believe that they are
not to be trusted. They do not answer emails on any of the three
addresses on their web page. Phoning the number given gets the message
"Unavailable" and the number that Sue gave is invalid.
If they haven't delivered in 30 working days go to Trading Standards. Google "distance selling regulations"
__________________
Old 21-08-2012, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote
The more I try to contact this company the more I believe that they
are not to be trusted. They do not answer emails on any of the three
addresses on their web page. Phoning the number given gets the message
"Unavailable" and the number that Sue gave is invalid.

No it isn't. I gave a link to a business listing page with an address
and the international version of the phone number. Obviously you have to
miss off the 44 and put a 0 in front for calls from within the UK. I
tried it myself to see what happened and yes, it is a valid number and a
bloke calling himself Simon Bolton answered.

Whether he's genuine or not, or whether you'll get your birdfeeders, I
have no way of telling, but he's there and maintains he's still trading
and sending out all orders. His website developer gets the blame for not
fixing the contact page.

*shrug* It's all beginning to look curiouser and curiouser.

--
Sue

Old 21-08-2012, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/08/2012 14:46, Sue wrote:

"Moonraker" wrote
[...]

Whoops, sorry Sue, thick or what?

Old 24-08-2012, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Moonraker
writes
ordered a couple of bird feeders from this site on the 4th, despite a
delivery day promise on their web site of 5 to 10 days there is no sign
of them.

I use CJ wildbirdfoods and have never had a problem in fact the orders
arrive next day!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I ordered a couple of bird feeders from this site on the 4th, despite a
delivery day promise on their web site of 5 to 10 days there is no sign
of them. What makes it worse they seem impossible to contact. I have
tried emailing on different addresses, getting no reply, their contact
page on the web site does not work. The only correspondence I have
received was from WorldPay acknowledging the receipt of the money with
Gardenbirdfeeder reference number, so I may even have ordered the wrong
items, though I think not. I regularly buy on the internet and have
never had this sort of half baked service before.
If anyone had anything good to hear about them I would love to know, it
would set my mind at rest.

I have used Gardenbirdfeeder and they have been no problem (ordered twice) They have a phone number on the front page and an email address. Did you receive the goods as you have not said?
Old 13-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I ordered a couple of bird feeders from this site on the 4th, despite a
delivery day promise on their web site of 5 to 10 days there is no sign
of them. What makes it worse they seem impossible to contact. I have
tried emailing on different addresses, getting no reply, their contact
page on the web site does not work. The only correspondence I have
received was from WorldPay acknowledging the receipt of the money with
Gardenbirdfeeder reference number, so I may even have ordered the wrong
items, though I think not. I regularly buy on the internet and have
never had this sort of half baked service before.
If anyone had anything good to hear about them I would love to know, it
would set my mind at rest.

I have had a similar experience they failed to deliver the order and never answered the phone or e mails. I would steer well clear.