Old 29-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Essjay001

Default Long term absence

Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find myself in
(unemployed and going down for the second time) and having an urgent need to
pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats my house. I am taking a
job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I sign my contract this week and will
fly out next week.

And the bad news............................ there isn't any I will happily
put a whole stash of dosh +25% travelling in the bank oh and not to forget
the and free accommodation/gym/pool etc These Americans really know how to
get a guys attention.

Anyway good bye for now, lots to do. I may be in touch when I find out the
situation where I am going.

It's been great fun

Steve R

---
It isn't difficult to stop the ball,
it isn't difficult at all,
all we need is wisdom
and I'm absolutely sure
we can get it back into the box
chain the chains and lock the locks
but no one seems to want to save the children anymore
Lascelles

Old 29-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Essjay001

BrianE wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:
Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find
myself in (unemployed and going down for the second time) and having
an urgent need to pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats
my house. I am taking a job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I sign
my contract this week and will fly out next week.

And the bad news............................ there isn't any I will
happily put a whole stash of dosh +25% travelling in the bank oh and
not to forget the and free accommodation/gym/pool etc These Americans
really know how to get a guys attention.

Anyway good bye for now, lots to do. I may be in touch when I find
out the situation where I am going.

It's been great fun

Steve R

Jammy git..

You can come too Brian, do you want the address
Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Old 29-07-2003, 12:06 PM
martin

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:34:23 +0000 (UTC), "Essjay001"
wrote:

BrianE wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:
Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find
myself in (unemployed and going down for the second time) and having
an urgent need to pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats
my house. I am taking a job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I sign
my contract this week and will fly out next week.

And the bad news............................ there isn't any I will
happily put a whole stash of dosh +25% travelling in the bank oh and
not to forget the and free accommodation/gym/pool etc These Americans
really know how to get a guys attention.

Anyway good bye for now, lots to do. I may be in touch when I find
out the situation where I am going.

It's been great fun

Steve R

Jammy git..

You can come too Brian, do you want the address

My daughter's unemployed boy friend would like the address.
--
Martin

Old 29-07-2003, 12:06 PM
John

In article ,
"Essjay001" wrote:

Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find myself in
(unemployed and going down for the second time) and having an urgent need to
pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats my house. I am taking a
job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I sign my contract this week and will
fly out next week.

So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what kind
of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these benefits? I
though it was hard to get employment in the States!

Best wishes anyway,
John
(thoroughly ****ed off with the UK,
not for the first time in my little life)
Old 29-07-2003, 12:06 PM
martin

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:59:25 +0100, John wrote:

In article ,
"Essjay001" wrote:

Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find myself in
(unemployed and going down for the second time) and having an urgent need to
pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats my house. I am taking a
job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I sign my contract this week and will
fly out next week.

So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what kind
of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these benefits? I
though it was hard to get employment in the States!

Defence lawyer in Guantanamo Bay? :-)

Best wishes anyway,
John
(thoroughly ****ed off with the UK,
not for the first time in my little life)

the grass is always greener............
--
Martin
Old 29-07-2003, 12:32 PM
BrianE

Jammy git..

You can come too Brian, do you want the address
Steve R

Yes please Steve! Where are you off to mate?

Old 29-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Dave Plowman

In article ,
John wrote:
So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what kind
of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these benefits? I
though it was hard to get employment in the States!

PR agent for MS products, I'd have thought. ;-)

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Old 29-07-2003, 08:12 PM
The Q

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
John wrote:
So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what kind
of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these benefits? I
though it was hard to get employment in the States!

PR agent for MS products, I'd have thought. ;-)

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Why Say Goodbye? I think they have The internet there too!!! (well they
think they invented it!)
Anyway you might need alt.home.repair while your'e over there!!
good luck
The Q

Old 29-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Essjay001

BrianE wrote:
Jammy git..

You can come too Brian, do you want the address
Steve R

Yes please Steve! Where are you off to mate?

Saudi Arabia!

Steve R

---

Old 29-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Essjay001

John wrote:
In article ,
"Essjay001" wrote:

Well here is the good news. Due to the economic situation I find
myself in (unemployed and going down for the second time) and having
an urgent need to pay the mortgage lest the bogey man comes and eats
my house. I am taking a job in sunnier climes. I have my visa, I
sign my contract this week and will fly out next week.

So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what
kind of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these
benefits?

I am an aircraft engineer

I though it was hard to get employment in the States!

I wouldn't know about that. I had my visa approved in 8
days................Saudi Arabia

Best wishes anyway,

Thanks

John
(thoroughly ****ed off with the UK, not for the first time in my little

life)

****ed of is coming to the end of a 24K contract and only finding a 13K
replacement. Very happy is then getting a 30K contract. Very ****ed off is
getting to the end of that and reverting to 10K so now I am very very happy
to have my biggest contract price yet and it's in dollars, offshore and CSA
proof.

I'm kinda lucky I'm single so I can move around as I please. I have the best
tenants I could have looking after my house while I am away (daughter &
b/friend)

And it gets better My house is now worth 4 times what I paid for it 7 years
and due to the BoE intrest rate my Mortgage has now dropped to £112 pm so I
think the weeds are dead and the roses are blooming!

If I could only find a naturist club in Saudi........................Nah
that is expecting too much

Steve R

---

Old 29-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Essjay001

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
John wrote:
So ... aren't you going to share with us the information about what
kind of job it is (in the USA?) that you can get, with all these
benefits? I though it was hard to get employment in the States!

PR agent for MS products, I'd have thought. ;-)

I'd be good at that doncha think

Steve R

---

Old 30-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Essjay001

The Q wrote:
Why Say Goodbye? I think they have The internet there too!!!
(well they think they invented it!)

Ah but it's not in the USA

Old 30-07-2003, 12:04 AM
BAH

Good Luck mate, BUT............. I was out there for three years in the
'80's. At the time, despite the pay being tax free and about thrice UK
rates, the average stay for a British Expatriate on a long term contract was
around three months! You're also going out at the hottest time of the year
(we used to reckon that it took two weeks to 50% acclimatise and many years
to be comfortable in it), get used to it by putting your head into your
kitchen oven after steaming a hot pudding?

Homesickness (and no booze, etc) can be a powerful thing to contend with -
indeed, my predecessor, upon hearing I was en route, immediately jumped on
a plane and returned home. He couldn't even wait to brief me for a proper
takeover (the house boy told me he had been pacing the roof at night,
counting the planes taking off from Jeddah airport before his next journey
home).

The other curious fact then was that a considerable number reckoned they had
made enough to go home, only to come back a few years later when the reality
of UK cost of living re-appeared.

Finally, think about your return-to-the-UK strategy before you go, and work
on it whilst there, because getting back into the UK job scene can be tough.

I'm sure others, like me, would appreciate a progress report, if only for
the vicarious experience.

Best wishes
BAH