Old 25-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Neil Jones

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message ...
The message
from martin contains these words:

I voted yesterday. I may vote again tomorrow.

How? You can't vote until you are sent the 'ballot slip'.

I was sent my ballot yesterday and voted by return.

Neil

Old 25-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Neil Jones" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message ...
The message
from martin contains these words:

I voted yesterday. I may vote again tomorrow.

How? You can't vote until you are sent the 'ballot slip'.

I was sent my ballot yesterday and voted by return.

Oh. Mine hasn't arrived and I sent off within

Old 25-02-2004, 05:06 PM
jane

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:04:00 -0000, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

~
~"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
~in
~ message ...
~ The message
~ from "Franz Heymann"
~contains
~ these
~ words:
~
~ I see nothing relating to the allotments issue in
~ uk.net.news.config.
~ What date and what title should I see?
~
~ 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup
~uk.rec.gardening.allotments
~
~ Ah. Too late, I see.
~
~
~ Too late? The voting has only just started...
~
~ How can it have started if I have not yet seen any reference
~ whatsoever to
~ this in ok.net.news.config?
~
~ Franz
~
~ I don't know precisely why you haven't seen it but the call for
~votes
~ was cross posted to the various groups rather than (as is implied in
~the
~ message) being posted to each group individually. Maybe you filter
~ crossposts?
~
~ No, I don't.
~ I guess I will just have to wait for a day or two to see what gives.
~ How long is the voting period likely to last?
~
~ Franz
~
~
~
~According to the voting rules, between 18 and 28 days.
~
~From the call for votes :-
~
~"To receive a ballot paper, you must send an email to the Ballot
~Request Address, which is xurga at request.ukvoting.org.uk."
~
~Regards
~
~Neil
~

I just sent a second request for a paper, and sure enough got a ballot
paper within a minute.

I decided in the end to vote no, as the argument in the CFV was rather
exclusive and his comment about 'monitoring discussion' didn't exactly
strike a good note. I think he should have asked the opinions of urg
before going over everyone's heads to unnc in the first place, and
actually participated in the group. I am happy chatting about my
lottie in urg.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 25-02-2004, 05:18 PM
jane

wrote:

~
~"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
~in
~ message ...
~ The message
~ from "Franz Heymann"
~contains
~ these
~ words:
~

Old 25-02-2004, 05:22 PM
shazzbat

Snip all.

Here's my 2 penn'orth on the subject. I see the creation of the new ng as
complimentary to URG rather than divisive.

I don't understand the empire building reference. What's to be gained?

I intend to continue to post to URG and to post to the new group if and when
it is created.

I have voted yes, but if the noes have it, I won't whine.
Nor will I attempt to influence anybody else's decision by urging a yes
vote. You choose.

Steve

Old 25-02-2004, 05:37 PM
jane

wrote:

~
~"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
~in
~ message ...
~ The message
~ from "Franz Heymann"
~contains
~ these
~ words:
~

Old 25-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Rhiannon S

Subject: 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup
uk.rec.gardening.allotments
From: Jaques d'Alltrades
Date: 25/02/2004 03:06 GMT Standard Time
The message
from martin contains these words:

I voted yesterday. I may vote again tomorrow.

How? You can't vote until you are sent the 'ballot slip'.

Vote early, vote often[gg]
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Old 25-02-2004, 05:37 PM
jane

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:51:45 -0000, "Robert E A Harvey"
wrote:

~I've voted.
~Have you?
~
~
This is the first notification of the CFV I've seen. How does one vote
please?

--
jane

Mark Twain