Old 21-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Out like a lion..........

"David Hill" wrote in message
",,,,,,,,,,why 'blame' anything. I can remember storms and gales like this
50 years ago before 'Global Warming' was a buzz word

Late 1940's when Seaview Pier was washed away.

Early 1950's when High Tides and Storms wrecked dozens of beach tents and
boats drawn up on the sand.

Canvey Island. Enough said on that. ............"

If you remember those things then you'll remember that Nuclear tests were

blame...

Things have never been the same since folk began using bows and arrows ...

Mary

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Mike

Things have never been the same since folk began using bows and arrows ...

Walking upright!

Old 21-03-2004, 03:12 PM
martin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:13:25 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Things have never been the same since folk began using bows and arrows ...

Walking upright!

Well done!

and what can you do for an encore? :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 21-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Rhiannon S

Subject: Out like a lion..........
From: "Mike"
Date: 21/03/2004 13:13 GMT Standard Time

Things have never been the same since folk began using bows and arrows ...

Walking upright!

I blame coming down out the trees.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Old 21-03-2004, 03:12 PM
David Hill

",,,,,,,,,,why 'blame' anything. I can remember storms and gales like this
50 years ago before 'Global Warming' was a buzz word

Late 1940's when Seaview Pier was washed away.

Early 1950's when High Tides and Storms wrecked dozens of beach tents and
boats drawn up on the sand.

Canvey Island. Enough said on that. ............"

If you remember those things then you'll remember that Nuclear tests were to
blame...

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-03-2004, 03:12 PM
David Hill

Then it was space rockets punching holes in the Ozone layer.........

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Mike

I haven't noticed any global warmers commenting on how much snow there
has been during the winter.
--

Like when those motorists were stuck in their cars on the A11 all that time?
I suppose without the present 'Global Warming', they would still be there

Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
martin

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:38:28 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

I haven't noticed any global warmers commenting on how much snow there
has been during the winter.
--

Like when those motorists were stuck in their cars on the A11 all that time?

Was that before after the Exeter Ring Road Easter holidays?

I suppose without the present 'Global Warming', they would still be there
now ;-))

Now they are all stuck on the Rue Peripherique.
Serves the burgers right :-)

Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Did you mention the malign effect of cats on our climate or would that
be cat-egorised as ****ing into the wind? :-)

ITYM 'pussing into the wind....'

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 21-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

",,,,,,,,,,why 'blame' anything. I can remember storms and gales like this
50 years ago before 'Global Warming' was a buzz word

Late 1940's when Seaview Pier was washed away.

Early 1950's when High Tides and Storms wrecked dozens of beach tents and
boats drawn up on the sand.

Canvey Island. Enough said on that. ............"

If you remember those things then you'll remember that Nuclear tests were to
blame...

I remember 1947/8, and they blamed the weather then.