Old 19-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Rabbit Control

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in message ...

The only other effective method is a good fence, buried at least a
foot into the ground to limit tunnelling.

You don't need to bury it. All you need to do is to fold it outwards and
peg it down. Rabbits always try to begin digging at an obstacle.

Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30 years,
on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this. But you are quite
right, they do, don't they!

Ta muchly.
Old 19-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Kay Easton
writes

Now if only people would use 'fazed' not 'phased' and 'bated' rather
than 'baited' breath ...

Thank you, Kay )
I really thought it was baited - as in a trap waiting to go
off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same root as 'abated' AFAIK - ie paused - holding your breath in
anticipation

I always knew there must have been a reason I failed the 11+ twice (

Nah. that's more to do with inadequacies of the 11 plus.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 20-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Kay Easton
writes

same root as 'abated' AFAIK - ie paused - holding your breath in
anticipation

Aye, holding something in preparation . . . . as in 'baited'
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 20-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Robert E A
Harvey writes
Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30 years,
on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this. But you are quite
right, they do, don't they!

Except recently the bunnies trying to get into the veg plot of an
acquaintance have figured out that they have to start burrowing a couple
of feet away to get under the horizontal mesh. It has taken them about
20 years, but they have finally figured it out (((((((((((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 20-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Jane Ransom wrote:
In article , Robert
E A Harvey writes
Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30
years, on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this. But you are
quite right, they do, don't they!

Except recently the bunnies trying to get into the veg plot of an
acquaintance have figured out that they have to start burrowing a
couple of feet away to get under the horizontal mesh. It has taken
them about 20 years, but they have finally figured it out

so you are saying I'm 2/3rds less bright than a rabbit?

Old 20-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Jane Ransom wrote:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
and lose instead of
loose,

Now remind me . . . . which is the one where you misplace something
and which is the one where your knickers fall down??

I think they are closely related

Old 20-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in message ...
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes

That's a moot point

Rusty, I love you! That's the first time in years that I've seen someone
spell 'moot' correctly (rather than the meaningless 'mute')

Kay, I love you too!

Now if only people would use 'fazed' not 'phased' and 'bated' rather
than 'baited' breath ...

And you're instead of your (where applicable), and lose instead of
loose, and eschew the greengrocers' apostrophe.......

You darlings really ought to join me and the other fanatics at
alt.usage.english: I've led such a sheltered life that I didn't even
*know* some people tried to spell it "mute". It must be Hell out
there!

Mike.
Old 20-04-2004, 01:05 PM
jane

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:23:12 +0100, "Robert E A Harvey"
wrote:

~Jane Ransom wrote:
~ In article , Robert
~ E A Harvey writes
~
~ Except recently the bunnies trying to get into the veg plot of an
~ acquaintance have figured out that they have to start burrowing a
~ couple of feet away to get under the horizontal mesh. It has taken
~ them about 20 years, but they have finally figured it out
~
~so you are saying I'm 2/3rds less bright than a rabbit?
~

Well there's one thing - it's appropriate having you commenting on
this thread - your surname *is* Harvey ....

:-)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 20-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in message
. ..
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes

That's a moot point

Rusty, I love you! That's the first time in years that I've seen someone
spell 'moot' correctly (rather than the meaningless 'mute')

Kay, I love you too!

Now if only people would use 'fazed' not 'phased' and 'bated' rather
than 'baited' breath ...

And you're instead of your (where applicable), and lose instead of
loose, and eschew the greengrocers' apostrophe.......

You darlings really ought to join me and the other fanatics at
alt.usage.english: I've led such a sheltered life that I didn't even
*know* some people tried to spell it "mute". It must be Hell out
there!

They even *pronounce* it 'mute'!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 20-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Nick Wagg

"jane" wrote in message
Well there's one thing - it's appropriate having you commenting on
this thread - your surname *is* Harvey ....

I'm sure that he's just a figment of your imagination.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 20-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

In article , Robert E A
Harvey writes
Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30 years,
on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this. But you are quite
right, they do, don't they!

Except recently the bunnies trying to get into the veg plot of an
acquaintance have figured out that they have to start burrowing a couple
of feet away to get under the horizontal mesh. It has taken them about
20 years, but they have finally figured it out (((((((((((

Far more likely, the people either left gaps around the gateposts in
the fence, or under the gate, or they leave the gate open sometimes.

Janet