Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Do plants have brain?

Hi,

You seemed to have hit the nail over the head. Plants are living.

Rajinder

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

Not so Paul Atreides.

For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach . . .

The Mimosa plant quickly folds up its leaves because of a rapid drop

in
water pressure akin to wilting. No nervous system is needed at all.

Venus flytrap?

You really should read up on your basic botany instead making wild

flights
of fantasy. The truth is far more interesting.

An old teacher of mine once pointed out that there can never be such a

thing
as "extra-sensory perception", because perception by its very nature
requires sensation.

Arguments for the behaviour of plants being biology-based can be used
equally for people too - a scientific approach will boil our every

action,
emotion and decision down to electrochemical processes in our brain,

just as
the analysis of a car engine will reveal all the different moving

parts and
how they fit together. But if you look for the _velocity_ in the

engine, you
won't find it, just as if you look for the _soul_ in a person's body

you
won't find it. Similarly, if you look for the _growth_ in a plant, you

won't
find it . . .

Andy
"A ten-year-old child could understand this. Go out and find me a
ten-year-old child" - Marx

Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

If you compare plants with our physical body, then you would see how
grafting works. Plants guide us in medicine and surgery. As not every
plant would take any graft but a family of particular ones, so we are
observing replacing organs in human beings.

Rajinder

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
The topic has been studies in detail many times over the years, even

by
Charles Darwin, and there is no doubt that the various responses to

stimuli
by plants have nothing at all to do with any type of intelligence. The

topic
is the subject of many books and all anyone need to do is read them.

If one
had been awake during any basic botany class they would know the truth

about
plant physiology.

That some New Age clowns are too lazy to actually do any real research

into
the subject show just how ignorant and stupid they really are and that

they
should not be given any serious consideration at all. They have been
watching too much bad sci-fi on TV. They are clueless about the

scientific
method and how to apply it to even the most basic problems.

In any case, the extent of their ineptitude has noting to do with

gardening.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi Andy,

Do you want to know the interpretation of the Parable of wheat and
Tares? Go and read my articles.

Israel is bundling up of those Tares and they are killing and burning
each other as in the rest of the world the religious fanatics are doing
the same.

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.

Why should I fast, what "sin" have I committed?
and
Why should I pray, what "wrong" have I done?

Fasting and the prayer is for the "Once-born" people
whilst the "Twice-born" know that the matters of their
hearts are known to God. The "Twice-born" rather:-

"Renew their "innerman", the christ, every day".

HOLY SPIRIT SHATTERS THE FETTERS OF THE LETTERS

SCRIPTURE + HOLY SPIRIT (COMMON SENSE) = GOSPEL

A person is a Virgin when he is led by his "innerman", the christ.

http://www.nijjhar.freeserve.co.uk/gnostic.htm
http://www.nijjhar.freeserve.co.uk/sikhism.htm
http://www.nijjhar.freeserve.co.uk/onegod.htm
"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

That some New Age clowns

Who are these people of whom you speak? The old teacher of mine to

whom I
was referring was a man called Stafford Beer. If you do a 'google'

search,
you'll soon discover that your label is somewhat wide of the mark.

are too lazy to actually do any real research into
the subject show just how ignorant and stupid they really are and

that
they
should not be given any serious consideration at all. They have been
watching too much bad sci-fi on TV. They are clueless about the

scientific
method and how to apply it to even the most basic problems.

I am very well aware of the theory of geotropism etc, although you

somewhat
dangerously assume that I am not. I got my 'A' at 'O' level biology,

and do
still recall the subject matter. I believe wholeheartedly in science

as a
tool of consciousness, but at the same time I'm very much aware that

the
reductionist nature of science can lead us into a 'false sense of
obscurity'. A plant is an autopoietic viable system which has the

requisite
variety to comprehend and adapt to its environment in the same way

that a
human being has. Both systems necessarily have ways of perceiving that
environment, and ways of reacting to that environment. The biological
details may differ, but the purpose is the same.

I was merely pointing out that biology isn't necessarily the whole

story.
Then again, I do believe in a "Creator", so I possibly _do_ belong to

the
lunatic "New Age" fringe of which you are so fond.

In any case, the extent of their ineptitude has noting to do with

gardening.

Ever read the parable of the tares . . . ? Or of the vineyard? There

are
some pretty decent gardening tips in the NT if you ask me! Roll on the

great
harvest . . .

Andy

Old 05-05-2004, 10:12 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message wt0mc.162$3s2.76@newsfe6-win, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
writes
Read the Bible to understand the present. Read the Parable of wheat
and Tares. tares are bundled up in Israel for Final Burning. When, I
don't know.

Personally I like Deuteronomy 23 v12-13

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
martin

On Wed, 5 May 2004 09:00:01 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message wt0mc.162$3s2.76@newsfe6-win, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
writes
Read the Bible to understand the present. Read the Parable of wheat
and Tares. tares are bundled up in Israel for Final Burning. When, I
don't know.

Personally I like Deuteronomy 23 v12-13

You are Dot Cotton and I claim the reward.

Deuteronomy 23:24 23:25

Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message eZ0mc.172$3s2.79@newsfe6-win
from "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
contains these words:

HOLY SPIRIT (snip offtopic rant)

This is a gardening newsgroup, kindly stop abusing it.

Janet.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:06 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Janet
Baraclough.. writes
The message eZ0mc.172$3s2.79@newsfe6-win
from "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
contains these words:

HOLY SPIRIT (snip offtopic rant)

This is a gardening newsgroup, kindly stop abusing it.

....and there I was thinking I'd contributed to a composting thread

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
tuin man

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message eZ0mc.172$3s2.79@newsfe6-win
from "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
contains these words:

HOLY SPIRIT (snip offtopic rant)

Funny, but I must have missed that bit.
That said, plants don't suffer from religion, so maybe they're smarter then
we give them credit for.

Slightly OT, I have been wondering about mankinds path from hunter gatherer
to grower/farmers.
Like, how long a period of time did that take?
What proccess was involved?
E.g., go into a GC and faced with a choice of seeds the non-gardener is
entirely dependant on the planting intructions on the back of the pack.
Back in the ancestrol days, plants, persumably, did not grow with
instructions attached. So what happened?
What did *we* do?
How did we make the leap from observing seed to growing new plant?
How much trial and error was involved and how long did all that take?
Did we simply try to copy nature by taking seed and replanting it elsewhere
in line with the seeding season?

Why OT you may ask. Well, because I sometimes think of the problems in the
middle east and wonder how long before we know how to grow peace... and I'm
not talking about a plant variety.
I notice an element of seanonality. Peace seeds get sown march-april but
seemingly wither away unproductively by mid august.
The season seems right, but the grounds have constantly proven unsuitable.
Perhaps its a typical gardeners perception to equate solutions via gardening
methods. It may well be a mistake. Afterall, perhaps the reason it took so
long to invent the wheel might have being because its use does not have a
fixed seaon.

This is a gardening newsgroup, kindly stop abusing it.

I hope I haven't strayed too far .

Patrick

Janet.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Larry Stoter

wrote:

In message wt0mc.162$3s2.76@newsfe6-win, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
writes
Read the Bible to understand the present. Read the Parable of wheat
and Tares. tares are bundled up in Israel for Final Burning. When, I
don't know.

Personally I like Deuteronomy 23 v12-13

You are Dot Cotton and I claim the reward.

Deuteronomy 23:24 23:25

Damn - you've gone and made dig out my bible, which as a weighty, 1864
Victorian family edition, took a lot of effort.

I think Ecclesiastes 10 v 8 is appropriate to Bush and the USA.

Personally, I like Revelations - whatever St John was on, he'd make a
fortune selling it today. I would suggest Revelations 18 v11-19 should
also be considered by George and his friends.
--
Larry Stoter
Old 05-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "dave @ stejonda" contains these
words:

In message , Janet
Baraclough.. writes
The message eZ0mc.172$3s2.79@newsfe6-win
from "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
contains these words:

HOLY SPIRIT (snip offtopic rant)

This is a gardening newsgroup, kindly stop abusing it.

...and there I was thinking I'd contributed to a composting thread

Well, part of it has been assigned to the compost heap, so in a way
you're right.

Janet.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:10 PM
martin

On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:27:58 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from "dave @ stejonda" contains these
words:

In message , Janet
Baraclough.. writes
The message eZ0mc.172$3s2.79@newsfe6-win
from "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
contains these words:

HOLY SPIRIT (snip offtopic rant)

This is a gardening newsgroup, kindly stop abusing it.

...and there I was thinking I'd contributed to a composting thread

Well, part of it has been assigned to the compost heap, so in a way
you're right.

as an accelerator.

Why don't plants have a brain? Peter Jason Plant Science 1 30-05-2005 09:21 AM
Help: Newbie plumbing brain cramp. Rob Ponds 0 13-07-2004 04:09 PM
Brain Problem, PS Iris Cohen Plant Science 0 16-06-2004 07:07 PM
flaw in Brain Iris Cohen Plant Science 0 16-06-2004 02:04 PM
Hair Brain Idea. keith nuttle Gardening 7 09-09-2003 01:06 AM