Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2004, 08:05 PM
mich

Default Stinging nettles?

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , ChrisC ?@?.?
writes
Do stinging nettles seed? I would quite like to grow them for tea and
soup purposes. Or would it be advisable to go dig some up at the local
common?

G*d! Someone actually wants to introduce them?

Be careful what you do, they grow and multiply like there is no tomorrow.

I have spent the last five years battling to get rid of a garden full of
them.
I have dug them up, cut them off, put weedkiller on them and still the
b*ggers come back.

You want stinging nettles? You come and take a few of mine ( some of mine
are six f eet high this year)