Old 14-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Derek Moody

Default HOW YOU CAN HELP stop fishing?

I used to be a great fisherman, charter boats and supply fishing gear.
It wasn't until my boat sunk through neglect, almost killing five
customers that I realized how shallow, selfish and cruel fishing was.
We turn a beautiful, tranquil, natural setting into a horrendous
bloodsport and dont even realise it, how dumb can we really be, that
we never even think of the fish and other wildlife? Perhaps we know we
are just kidding ourselves?

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Angling is still a very popular pastime, because many people do not
realise that fish can feel pain and that therefore, angling is a cruel
sport. If we want to change this, it is important to educate people of
the suffering caused to fish and other wildlife. Anything you do, no
matter how small it may seem to you, will reinforce what others are
doing to help. Although with something this popular it will take a
long time before it is banned completely, everyone of us can speed up
the time when that day arrives.

Here is a selection of things you can do.

1. Tell your friends (especially any that go angling) what happens
to fish when they are caught and why angling is cruel. We can send you
leaflets and factsheets to give them. If you want more information to
answer any questions that come up, write to us and we'll help.

2. Give out Pisces leaflets and display our posters.

3. Write to the letters' page of your local newspapers explaining
how you feel about angling. Watch out for any pro-angling replies and
send them to us quickly so that we can reply to the points made,
and/or reply yourself.

4. Try to get the issue of angling discussed at your school or
youth club. Ask a sympathetic teacher if it is possible to arrange a
showing of our video 'Angling the Neglected Bloodsport", which covers
the main anti-angling arguments and was produced with school audiences
in mind. In many areas of the country we can provide speakers to come
to your school, show the video and answer questions. We can provide
details of pro-angling groups if your teacher wants to present both
sides of the argument. Alternatively, the video can be hired for the
cost of postage. Perhaps a teacher may be interested in setting
'angling" or 'bloodsports' as an essay or project topic and we can
send literature to students to help with this.

5. Ask if you can create a display on angling for your classroom,
the library or elsewhere in the school. Try to make it as colourful as
possible, with lots of pictures to attract everyone's attention,

6. Don't eat fish.

7. Extend your compassion for fish to other animals and take a
vegetarian or vegan diet. A vegetarian eats no meat, fish, fowl or
slaughterhouse by-products such as gelatine or animal fat. There are
now over 4 million vegetarians in the UK. Many people also go on to
become vegans, who are vegetarians who additionally do not eat milk,
eggs or anything produced from animals.

Why Vegetarian?
Did you realise that on average meat eaters eat 5 cows, 29
sheep, 822 poultry, 20 pigs and half a tonne of fish in their
lifetime? Most of these animals are kept in close confinement with
many other animals causing extreme distress and boredom to the animal.
All are brutally killed.

So Why Vegan?
Calves are torn away from their mothers at one or two days
of age so that we can have milk. Their mothers are overworked and
treated as breeding milk machines. They are kept permanently pregnant
so that they will provide more milk. Birds kept for eggs are usually
confined in battery cages where they can barely stretch their wings.
Most people keeping birds for eggs, even free range, will kill male
birds.

For useful tips and delicious recipes write to

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, 10 Parkgate
House, London, SW18 4JQ, UK. 2QF
http://www.peta-online.org/

The Vegan Society, 7 Battle Road, St Leonards on Sea, E.
Sussex TN37 7AA , UK
http://www.vegansociety.com/

VIVA, 12 Queen Square, Brighton, BN1 3FD, UK
http://www.viva.org.uk/

The Vegetarian Society, Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham,
Cheshire, WAI 44QG, UK.
http://www.vegsoc.org/

VeganVillage, devoted to cruelty free and ethical goods
and information.
http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/

8. Think of ways you can enjoy the waterways and help the
environment without catching or killing our wildlife.

9. Join Pisces as a youth member. This costs £4 per year. You will
receive regular magazines and a new members' pack including stickers,
posters and a badge.

10. Organise a fund raising event to help support our campaigns
work. There are an endless number of ways to raise money - a sponsored
event is one of the most popular. Why not do something positive for
the environment at the same time as raising money, for example,
collect cans for recycling or the litter clean up mentioned above
could be done with sponsorship per bag or per hour. Your local council
will be able to tell you where you can take steel and aluminium cans.
Pisces can print you an official sponsorship form for your event.

11. Get involved with your local animal rights group, who will
campaign against all types of animal cruelty, by leafleting, running
street stalls, attending demonstrations, etc. Some have specific youth
groups, but even if they haven't, they may be able to put you in touch
with other young people who are already campaigning. We can send
details of your local animal rights group. Alternatively, Pisces can
help you set up an animal group at your school or youth club.

12. Organise a Tackle/Litter Clean-up. You may like to read our page
about tackle/litter clean ups
http://www.pisces.demon.co.uk/litter.html
13. Dispose of your litter carefully, as it can be very harmful to
wildlife.

Pisces
BM FISH, LONDON, WC1N 3XX
Tel: 01792 464 176
E-mail
Web
http://www.pisces.demon.co.uk/

Cheerio,
Old 14-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Steve Black

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
[...]

We have a vegan where I work!
He is the sickliest person in the company with more sick leave than anyone
else. He is constantly ill!

He is pale and painfully thin.

We all suggest a good medium-rare steak would do him wonders.

Old 14-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere Steve Black, who blessed us with their presence on 13
Jul 2004...

[...]

Troll!

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)
Old 14-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Derek Moody

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:37:20 GMT, "Steve Black"
wrote:

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheerio,
Old 14-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Brian Smith

Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheerio,

What are you harping on about! Humans have evolved to eat meat, its good for
you! Stop talking through your arse and preach your nonsense somewhere else,
your not winning over anyone here!
I bet you one of those people who doesn't swat flies when they're a pain
cause its crawl! I bet that your house must stink, what with all your
vegetarian flatulence, and the hot air and shit that comes out of your
mouth!
I'm going to go home tonight and eat a nice big juicy steak, just for you! I
might even run over a few other animals on the way home!

Old 14-07-2004, 03:10 AM
Derek Moody

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:44:19 +0100, "Brian Smith"
wrote:

Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheerio,

What are you harping on about! Humans have evolved to eat meat, its good for
you! Stop talking through your arse and preach your nonsense somewhere else,
your not winning over anyone here!

Ooh scary monsters.

I bet you one of those people who doesn't swat flies when they're a pain
cause its crawl!

Why do you find flies a pain?

I bet that your house must stink,

You're the one who has problems with flies.

what with all your
vegetarian flatulence, and the hot air and shit that comes out of your
mouth!

Ouch, nasty beast.

I'm going to go home tonight and eat a nice big juicy steak, just for you! I
might even run over a few other animals on the way home!

You just confirm the psychosis of fishermen I'm afraid.

Cheerio,
Old 14-07-2004, 03:11 AM
Steve Black

wrote:

[...]

I'm having pork spare ribs tonight and won't be thinking of you at all you
pale ****!

Old 14-07-2004, 03:11 AM
Derek Moody

wrote:

[...]

For a ballet dance instructor you are very scary. No wonder you fish,
are all fishermen like you?

Cheerio,
Old 14-07-2004, 03:14 AM
pearl

"Brian Smith" wrote in message
Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheerio,

What are you harping on about! Humans have evolved to eat meat, its good for
you!

Humans have NOT 'evolved to eat meat'. It's NOT good for you!

Stop talking through your arse and preach your nonsense somewhere else,
your not winning over anyone here!

Projection.

I bet you one of those people who doesn't swat flies when they're a pain
cause its crawl! I bet that your house must stink, what with all your
vegetarian flatulence, and the hot air and shit that comes out of your
mouth!

("If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from
the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will
deal likewise with their fellow man." - Saint Francis of Assisi. )

I'm going to go home tonight and eat a nice big juicy steak, just for you! I
might even run over a few other animals on the way home!

Brute.

Old 14-07-2004, 04:06 AM
Steve Black

"pearl" wrote in message

Humans have NOT 'evolved to eat meat'. It's NOT good for you!

So why did early man sharpen sticks and hunt animals for food?
Because their natural instincts told them to!

Old 14-07-2004, 04:07 AM
Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere Ben Blackmore, who blessed us with their presence on
13 Jul 2004...

We have a vegan where I work!
He is the sickliest person in the company with more sick leave than
anyone else. He is constantly ill!

He is pale and painfully thin.

We all suggest a good medium-rare steak would do him wonders.

I agree, my girlfriends sister is vegetarian, and she is always ill with
colds and flu, she even had stomach/gut problems, which the doctor put
down to her diet. We also have a good friend who is veggi, and again,
she is always ill and when she gets ill it lasts weeks, sometimes
months, and she's totally out of action can't even get out of bed,
(although it probably doesn't help that she smokes 20 a day)

Me and my girlfriend aren't big red meat eaters, maybe a steak once a
week, or a sausage with a fry up, but we do eat a lot of chicken and
fish, and we're both healthy, touch wood, we haven't been ill for a long
while, last time we were ill I think it was a bit of a cold, which
lasted a day or too, before being beaten by our animal munching immune
systems!

My 2 cents, eat a little of everything and it does you good. Too much
red meat is bad, but none at all is even worse!

Troll!

Old 14-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Brian Smith

Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Why would he need to be quarantined or time to recover?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

What are you basing this on? No one I have ever know has ever become ill
from working in a butchers!

Your use of total illogic proves you are talking through your arse!

Why do you find flies a pain?

Because they are horrible pests that fly around and land on food, after just
landing of dog crap!

You're the one who has problems with flies.

Really? Whys that? I don't think I do!

You just confirm the psychosis of fishermen I'm afraid.

Actually I'm not a fisher man, and don't agree with it. I do however eat
meat and find your argument totally illogical, and based solely on your
beliefs. The fact you claim working in a butchers makes you ill, just
because you don't agree with eating meat proves this!

Cheerio,

Old 14-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Wilson Woods

pearl wrote:
"Brian Smith" wrote in message

Sounds like he is cheating and may already have had one. Get him into
quarantine as soon as possible, he'll need plenty of time to recover
from eating dead animals, does he also have flatulence?

Do you work in a butchers, this would also make you seriously ill.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheerio,

What are you harping on about! Humans have evolved to eat meat, its good for
you!

Humans have NOT 'evolved to eat meat'. It's NOT good for you!

Patently FALSE; in fact, a lie. Humans ARE
biologically and anatomically adapted to eating some
meat, and meat in reasonable quantities is VERY good
for you.

No academically credentialed anthropologist or
biologist believes that humans aren't evolved as meat
eaters, and very few doctors believe that humans
shouldn't eat meat at all for good health. Yours is a
distinctly minority position based on religious faith
and politics rather than science. YOU CAN'T DO SCIENCE.

Old 14-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere Ben Blackmore, who blessed us with their presence on
13 Jul 2004...

"Vicar Peter Parsnip" go@fish wrote in message
-vegetables...
Be still! and revere Ben Blackmore, who blessed us with their presence
on 13 Jul 2004...

My 2 cents, eat a little of everything and it does you good. Too much
red meat is bad, but none at all is even worse!

Troll!

Why? For having an opinion? Am I not allowed one? I think its an
opionion shared by may others!

Your opinion is designed to inflame others. Therefore, it is a troll.

Troll!

Old 14-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Nick Maclaren

On 13 Jul 2004 14:22:05 +0100, go@fish (Vicar Peter Parsnip) wrote:

Be still! and revere Ben Blackmore, who blessed us with their presence on
13 Jul 2004...

"Vicar Peter Parsnip" go@fish wrote in message
-vegetables...
Be still! and revere Ben Blackmore, who blessed us with their presence
on 13 Jul 2004...

My 2 cents, eat a little of everything and it does you good. Too much
red meat is bad, but none at all is even worse!

Troll!

Why? For having an opinion? Am I not allowed one? I think its an
opionion shared by may others!

Your opinion is designed to inflame others. Therefore, it is a troll.

Troll!

As a committee member of CAC I am of the same opinion, his opinion is
designed to inflame others. Therefore, it is a troll.

Judgment therefore is

TROLL.

Motion carried........ah that's better.