Old 04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
JK

Default Cat problem

Anyone have a working method for deterring cats from using my garden as
a litter tray? I have two toddlers and I'd rather they took precedence
over the neighbours cat. I've so far seen a few methods, any comments on
these:

1. ultrasonic screamers (with IR detectors to trigger them)
2. water squirters (ditto)
3. aromatics
4. "zoo poo"

While humourous replies are always welcome, this is a serious question -
cat crap is pretty toxic and smelly stuff, I don't want it in my garden,
and I imagine I'm not alone.

TIA

John
Old 04-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Mike

Deterrent to the VERMIN CAT?????

YES

Called the Cat and Dog Repeller, it works off 2 x 9 volt batteries and is a
small and very portable unit and is easy to hide. It is made by STV
International Ltd 2002 at Little Cressingham in Norfolk

Mike
with a cat crap free garden :-))

I cannot speak highly enough of it. I was with my daughter in Derby over the
last couple of days and she has the same problem, AND with dogs ;-(( She is
going to get one.

You HAVE to stand up to the inconsiderate and uncaring cat owners. They
don't crap in their own gardens, the cats that is, the owners might I don't
know, but as long as the vermin cat does not crap in 'their' garden, they
don't give a toss!!

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

news:1112633868.e8894ab8e5a1be0f859e5135d1661798@t eranews...

Old 04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Mike

Jk

sorry but you will not get any more answers in this thread now I have made
my contribution :-))

The 'owners' of the newsgroup, some of who are Vermin owners as well, kill
file mean as soon as I make a contribution, they throw their arms up in the
air and go into a convusive fit "Oh my God "HE" is here again"

HOWEVER, the cat repeller really does a magnificent job. I did see a
neighbours cat running away shaking it's head :-))))))))

Old 04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: Jk
::
:: sorry but you will not get any more answers in this thread now I
:: have made my contribution :-))
::
:: The 'owners' of the newsgroup, some of who are Vermin owners as
:: well, kill file mean as soon as I make a contribution, they throw
:: their arms up in the air and go into a convusive fit "Oh my God
:: "HE" is here again"
::
:: HOWEVER, the cat repeller really does a magnificent job. I did see
:: a neighbours cat running away shaking it's head :-))))))))

It had probably overheard one of your jokes.

:-p

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004

Old 04-04-2005, 09:05 PM
pied piper

"Mike" wrote in message
Jk

sorry but you will not get any more answers in this thread now I have made
my contribution :-))

The 'owners' of the newsgroup, some of who are Vermin owners as well, kill
file mean as soon as I make a contribution, they throw their arms up in
the
air and go into a convusive fit "Oh my God "HE" is here again"

HOWEVER, the cat repeller really does a magnificent job. I did see a
neighbours cat running away shaking it's head :-))))))))

these freemasons pop up everywhere

Old 04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Tumbleweed

"JK" wrote in message
news:1112633868.e8894ab8e5a1be0f859e5135d1661798@t eranews...
Anyone have a working method for deterring cats from using my garden as a
litter tray? I have two toddlers and I'd rather they took precedence over
the neighbours cat. I've so far seen a few methods, any comments on these:

1. ultrasonic screamers (with IR detectors to trigger them)
2. water squirters (ditto)
3. aromatics
4. "zoo poo"

While humourous replies are always welcome, this is a serious question -
cat crap is pretty toxic and smelly stuff, I don't want it in my garden,
and I imagine I'm not alone.

TIA

John

I have just (Sunday) installed an ultrasonic device. Will post in a few
weeks whether its working.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Mike

these freemasons pop up everywhere

Capital 'F' if you don't mind. Freemasons.

Thank you

Old 05-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Mike

"JK" wrote in message
news:1112633868.e8894ab8e5a1be0f859e5135d1661798@t eranews...
Anyone have a working method for deterring cats from using my garden as
a litter tray? I have two toddlers and I'd rather they took precedence
over the neighbours cat. I've so far seen a few methods, any comments on
these:

1. ultrasonic screamers (with IR detectors to trigger them)

http://www.charliesstoresltd.co.uk/p...il.asp?ID=2734

I must have been doing a good job on recommendations, this store has sold
out. ;-)

Seriously, note the details and try your Garden Centre/local Ironmongers,
(which is where we got ours). I am nothing to do with the company, I just
know from experience that the thing works!!

Mike

Old 05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
JK

Mike wrote:
Jk

sorry but you will not get any more answers in this thread now I have made
my contribution :-))

The 'owners' of the newsgroup, some of who are Vermin owners as well, kill
file mean as soon as I make a contribution, they throw their arms up in the
air and go into a convusive fit "Oh my God "HE" is here again"

HOWEVER, the cat repeller really does a magnificent job. I did see a
neighbours cat running away shaking it's head :-))))))))

Thanks for your reply, I have ordered an ultrasonic from ebay.

You can't really complain if cat owners take offence to your calling
them vermin, it's quite a confrontational stance to take. Personally I
quite like cats, I just don't want them pooing where my kids can find it.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:32 PM
JK

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message 1112695767.a504b85ac70cf17cef5501cbc5d78ff9@teran ews
from JK contains these words:

I have ordered an ultrasonic from ebay.

Do take more care whose advice you follow, and avoid the obvious warning
signs :-(

Janet

That's a bit cryptic. Are you saying that ultrasonic cat scarers don't
work? That they do work but you don't like them? That you don't like
Mike, perhaps due to his robust style of posting?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Sacha

On 5/4/05 16:32, in article
1112715011.7e751485f8d38b96d58b63588f16f9ad@terane ws, "JK"
wrote:

snip
That's a bit cryptic. Are you saying that ultrasonic cat scarers don't
work? That they do work but you don't like them? That you don't like
Mike, perhaps due to his robust style of posting?

Mike is a troll who regularly starts threads on cats to annoy gardening
posters here or jumps gleefully into such threads to prolong them. Like
many trolls his advice is to be looked at carefully before being taken. He
says that one of his favourite methods of deterring cats is to nail carpet
gripper, spiked side up on top of gates and fences. If you think advice from
such a person to be reliable, that's your privilege and of course, it's your
money. If it doesn't work, perhaps Mike will give you a refund.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
JK

Sacha wrote:
On 5/4/05 16:32, in article
1112715011.7e751485f8d38b96d58b63588f16f9ad@terane ws, "JK"
wrote:

snip

That's a bit cryptic. Are you saying that ultrasonic cat scarers don't
work? That they do work but you don't like them? That you don't like
Mike, perhaps due to his robust style of posting?

Mike is a troll who regularly starts threads on cats to annoy gardening
posters here or jumps gleefully into such threads to prolong them. Like
many trolls his advice is to be looked at carefully before being taken. He
says that one of his favourite methods of deterring cats is to nail carpet
gripper, spiked side up on top of gates and fences. If you think advice from
such a person to be reliable, that's your privilege and of course, it's your
money. If it doesn't work, perhaps Mike will give you a refund.

I wouldn't have a problem with taking action like that. It's not as if
cats are so dumb they'd repeatedly injure themselves, they would just
stop walking in the carpet gripper. They do much worse things to each
other. I don't know about Mike, but I feel a bit like a cornered animal
with respect to these invaders - I have crawling infant humans to
defend, and the amount of crap in my garden is a genuine risk to their
health. I get no benefit from the cats, they aren't my pets, all I get
is their faeces. So if spiked fences and scary noises will make them
choose somewhere else, I fail to see anything wrong with that, they're
only animals after all. "Loved" by someone perhaps, but that's their
neurosis. £25 for a gadget seems worth a punt, if it doesn't work I'll
have to try something else.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Mike

Well as you saw JK, the two principle net nannies and owners of this
newsgroup have just "HAD" to have a go at me. Now one in particular has said
she has kill filed me but time and time and time again she pops up to
worship my every word. She just cannot stay away from me :-))

As I have said many many times before, said cat deterent works a bloody
treat on the vermin :-)))))

I just wish I had shares in the company.

And yes net nannies, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone comes onto this newsgroup
seeking advice on how to get rid of the VERMIN CAT from their gardens, I
will jump in with both feet and have my say. If you don't like it, alter the
charter. I await the result and notification ON THIS NEWSGROUP that said net
nannies and owners of this newsgroup have altered the charter to prevent me
from posting my recommendations for getting rid of VERMIN CATS from people's
gardens

WAITING.

I think I will have a very looooooooooong wait :-))

:-))

Old 05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Duncan

"Mike" wrote in message

They don't crap in their own gardens, the cats that is,......

Mike
with a cat crap free garden :-))

Mine bloody well does. }:-(

(He's then the wife's cat, not mine!)

He can't be arsed to climb the wall to crap in anyone elses garden, but I
can tolerate him using one area of bare dry soil as a sort of outdoor
litter-tray. He won't tolerate another cat in his garden, and so I only have
the crap of one cat to clear up.

Duncan
with a one cat-crap garden (or, "a one-cat, crap garden")