Old 18-02-2010, 01:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default How to Grow a Tea Garden

A tea garden is a delightful hobby that can complement your herb
garden and will provide you with the joy of fresh tea at a moment's
notice. Creating a tea garden in a container can also make a perfect
gift for somebody; her's a beautifully made guide to grow tea in
anyway at home!!!! here it is http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-an-Herbal-Tea-Garden
Old 18-02-2010, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Tonyfrost wrote:

A tea garden is a delightful hobby that can complement your herb
garden and will provide you with the joy of fresh tea at a moment's
notice. Creating a tea garden in a container can also make a perfect
gift for somebody; her's a beautifully made guide to grow tea in
anyway at home!!!! here it is
http://www.wikihow.com/Herbal-Tea-Garden-For-Idiots

We are a gardening group pal. We don't need, or want your spam or your
overpriced gizmo junk. When you say tea, are you talking about Camellia
sinensis, or tisanes? Are we talking 3 cups of tea a day, all year long,
or are we talking 1 cup a month?

Why don't you just cut the crap, tell us what you got, and how much you
want for it?

I hate myself but I went to your site. Your only selling ads. The
directions were (1) get a pot, (2) put some potting soil in it, (3)
plant an herb in the soil laden pot. My god your a genius, OK, you're
really an idiot. Stupid flange head.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines
Old 18-02-2010, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 18, 3:08*am, Wildbilly wrote:
In article
,

*Tonyfrost wrote:
[...]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...1/19/headlines

Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? What is it that
you're trying to say that I'm selling ads?????? I just love
tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove to grow tea at my house ok? What's your
problem
Old 18-02-2010, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article d26f01c6-5d93-4c0f-afbd-1d0a4e0ca620@
15g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? What is it that
you're trying to say that I'm selling ads?????? I just love
tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove to grow tea at my house ok? What's your
problem

Uh...

Your posts look as if you are shilling whether you intend it or not.
Old 18-02-2010, 06:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...rrestin...http
://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines

Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? What is it that
you're trying to say that I'm selling ads?????? I just love
tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove to grow tea at my house ok? What's your
problem

You post "How to Grow a Tea Garden", in a vegetable garden newsgroup!
And then the site that you give us says "put potting soil in pot, and
plant herb", close quotes. Did you just fall off the turnip truck, out
on the interstate? Your ignorance of the subject is offensive. An being
a freak is far better than being an aluminum siding, used car, "tea bag"
anal sphincter, to come into a forum where you know squat, and try to
run the "hits" routine on us. Go bugger yourself.

Old 18-02-2010, 11:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? What is it that
you're trying to say that I'm selling ads?????? I just love
tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove to grow tea at my house ok? What's your
problem

You post "How to Grow a Tea Garden", in a vegetable garden newsgroup!
And then the site that you give us says "put potting soil in pot, and
plant herb", close quotes. Did you just fall off the turnip truck, out
on the interstate? Your ignorance of the subject is offensive. An being
a freak is far better than being an aluminum siding, used car, "tea bag"
anal sphincter, to come into a forum where you know squat, and try to
run the "hits" routine on us. Go bugger yourself.

What Wildbilly is trying to say in a very Wildbilly way, is to take it easy.
You have joined an established group which is the societal equivalent of a
community. You've accused a regular poster here of being rude, but then
have you read here for long enough so that the personalities of the posters
are known to you, or followed the interactions between individuals? Can you
recognise the twits and separate them from those who give good advice?

Wildbilly is a regular so he's one of us and we're used to him. That does
not mean that we necessarily share the same opinions or never have
disagreements with him, but we do know him whereas we don't know you.
Wildbilly has a presence and a personality known to regular readers and
posters, you don't yet. If you choose to remain, hang around and read for a
while and then ease yourself into the group.

Old 18-02-2010, 12:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , ask@itshall
says...
"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? What is it that
you're trying to say that I'm selling ads?????? I just love
tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove to grow tea at my house ok? What's your
problem

What Wildbilly is trying to say in a very Wildbilly way, is to take it easy.
You have joined an established group which is the societal equivalent of a
community. You've accused a regular poster here of being rude, but then
have you read here for long enough so that the personalities of the posters
are known to you, or followed the interactions between individuals? Can you
recognise the twits and separate them from those who give good advice?

I looked at the post.

It doesn't have to be one, but it does look like a shill.

And the idea of growing camellia sinensis in my zone 5 climate interests
me a bit as does the idea of growing and processing coffee. Though I'd
settle for some other caffeine producing plant that's tasty enough, not
a tropical and maybe at least a zone 6.
Old 18-02-2010, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 18, 1:37*pm, phorbin wrote:
In article , ask@itshall
says...

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

[...]

Well allright, I AM SORRY if you didn't like my article on green tea,
I was just wanting to share it with you
to get some advice, but some of you seems to be a bit aggressive, I
am a GARDENING LOVER OK?
And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you don't
like newbies then just say it!!!!
If you want I can unsubscribe and look for another forum or group.
Anyway I do live in Italy right now in a town called Cortona which is
in Tuscany, I can show you where I live and you'll fall in love. Ok
hope we all get to be friends.
Old 18-02-2010, 01:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article , ask@itshall
says...
"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

[...]

A acquired taste.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 18-02-2010, 01:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

[...]

Like all of usenet this group is a wild mixture of people. You will get all
combinations of passion/calm and knowledge/ignorance.

If you want I can unsubscribe and look for another forum or group.

No just slow down a bit and don't get jumpy just because somebody else does.

Anyway I do live in Italy right now in a town called Cortona which is
in Tuscany, I can show you where I live and you'll fall in love. Ok
hope we all get to be friends.

Give it a try.

David

Old 18-02-2010, 02:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:16:40 -0500, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article , ask@itshall
says...
"Wildbilly" wrote in message
Tonyfrost wrote:

[...]

All kinds of herbs can be used to make a tea beverage. Lemon balm is a
favorite of mine, spearmint is good. Nettle makes a nice base, as do
raspberry leaves.

I'm currently drinking store bought green tea but when the weather
warms up.....
Old 18-02-2010, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you don't
like newbies then just say it!!!!
___________________

They don't dislike newbies at all. I was a newbie once, and they were
perfectly pleasant to me. My first few posts were questions asking for
advice, which I readily got. After I had established myself for a few
months, I started to give advice when asked as well. I think what rubbed
people the wrong way is that you came here to show them what to do. On a
gardening group, it should probably be assumed that we already know about
gardening, and if we don't ask for advice on how to garden, we don't need
advice on how to garden. If I had come to this group with my first post
being, "Hey, experienced gardeners, let me tell you how to grow..." they
would probably have rolled their eyes at my arrogance too.
--S.

Old 19-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Registered User

Smile

Suzanne D.[_2_];877788']"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

[...]

i agree with what the others are saying as well Tony. u certainly cant come
here and show or tell ppl what to do because a lot of them have gardened for many yrs and have an amazing amount of knowledge on the subject and are more than willing to help u if they can .
its not that newbies arent liked as was already mentioned. its just that it
takes time for ppl to get to know u somewhat and to get comfortable with
the fact that u are really interested in gardening.
we have had a lot of spammers here over the last little while and i think ppl are also tired of that so that doesnt help this situation.
otherwise welcome to garden banter, make yourself at home and get to
slowly know us . cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 19-02-2010, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

Fonyfrost: Well allright, I AM SORRY if you didn't like my article on green
tea,
I was just wanting to share it with you
to get some advice, but some of you seems to be a bit aggressive, I
am a GARDENING LOVER OK?
I don't recall you asking for advice but since you say you want some, what
do you want to know about tea gardens? Or do you perhaps want to know what
plants can be used to make tea/tisanes?

Tonyfrost: And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you
don't
like newbies then just say it!!!!
group.
Anyway I do live in Italy right now in a town called Cortona which is
in Tuscany, I can show you where I live and you'll fall in love. Ok
hope we all get to be friends.
You're in a lovely part of the world and living in an interesting place.
What plants do you grow there?

Old 19-02-2010, 01:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 19, 2:00*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Tonyfrost" wrote in message

[...]

Ok well for the time being my garden is a bit ''undressed'' but
because in italy there is a very important fest every 2 months,
there's allways an excuse for good flowers.......... Anyway the top
flower at this time where I live is ''MIMOSA'' I don't know if anyone
of you there know it, but I have a whole tree in front of my window,
i'll take a picture and show it tomorrow,
Anyway let's say that it's a beautifull tree that provides yellow ball
flowers that have a wonderfull smell. And what italian men do every
8th of march is they buy some mimosa and give it as a present to any
girl or woman that they like, because that day is called ''women's
day'' over here, it's realy an amazing day, cuz even the girls at
school are interrupted by flower vendors that bring them these flowers
to them that have actually been bought by their ''lovers'', so it's a
great day and I can't wait, cuz I have like loads to sell !!!! I'll
tell more about my garden later anyway.