Old 05-06-2003, 02:56 AM
COcon28932

Default Flowers I can eat???

This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want to know
how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I should stay away
from!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Trevise

"COcon28932" wrote in message
This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want to

know
how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I should stay

away
from!

Well, nasturtiums are good for salads...

Old 05-06-2003, 06:32 AM
David Hare-Scott

"COcon28932" wrote in message
This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want

to know
how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I should

stay away
from!

The flowers of Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis) are edible. There
are a number of books all about edible flowers that will list many more
including some that are common blooms but not commonly eaten, eg roses,
zuccini. A Google on "edible flowers" will hit many sources including
recipes. Why is it a strange question?

David

Old 05-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Tim Tyler

COcon28932 wrote:

: This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want
: to know how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I
: should stay away from!

A Basic Guide to Edible Flowers
http://www.state.oh.us/agr/ohioaginf...bleflowers.htm

Edible Flower and Herb Recipes
http://www.sagekitchen.com/in_flowers.htm
--
__________
Old 05-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Tim Tyler

COcon28932 wrote:

: This is a strange question. I am going to get Marigold seeds, and want
: to know how do I find out which flowers are good to eat, and what I
: should stay away from!

Note that "african marigold" is on the "poisonous - should be
avoided" list - at:

http://food4.epicurious.com/HyperNew...2/1/1/2/3.html
--
Old 05-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Genevieve Tharp

I can add pansies to the list of edible flowers.

Genevieve

Old 05-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Right Star

Also redbud flowers are delicious and if you add violet petals make a beautiful
spring salad!