Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Liashi

Default tomatoes have curled leaves and yellow spots

Hi everyone,

So far the problem hasn't gone to far, but any far can be too far. One
of my tomatoes has begun curling its leaves, mostly on one side of the
plant, and only older leaves (so far.) It was one we bought at the
store. On this plant in particular I have noticed one other oddity,
some of the new branch growth is curled and twisted before it
straightens. I'm not sure, but it seems like those branches curve down
an awful lot

Here's a pic of the affected areas of the plant:
http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/..._05_bonnie.bmp

leaf close-up, for those who might like it even closer . . .
http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/...eleafclose.bmp

affected plant (bonnie) and the less affected husky cherry red beside
it (note the leaves near the bottom of the pic that look lighter near
the tips, they are even starting to curl, but not as bad. It's even on
the same side of the plant as the first.)
http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/...andhusky02.jpg

I'm thinking it's possible it may be nematodes, but I'm not sure. Yet
another tomato had the spotted thing going on, but it vanished when I
put some fertilizer on, something like 9-12-12, I think. The only
other plants nearby are wild ones (notably blackberries, some other
vine plants, grasses, trees, thistle . . . spotted spurge. ick.)

The plants have had minor deer damage. Don't get me started on some of
my other tomatoes, however.

^^ Love to hear your thoughts.

--Liashi