Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default PBS's Victory Garden

On 10/2/07 4:07 PM, in article ,
"Pennyaline" wrote:

Val wrote:

culled
And that, boys and girls, concludes the Tuesday afternoon mull and rant
program on wreck.gardens.........

[...polite applause...]

Is there a refreshments table set up here somewhere?

Yes, I'd like a cup of tea with a slice a lemon...

Old 03-10-2007, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

i have a lot of perennial phlox (the tall kind that blooms all summer)
in my shade garden. would it be happier somewhere sunnier or should i
just leave it alone?

Depends on the phlox, as I understand it. We have some sun phlox and
some shade phlox, and my books list quite a few kinds (both species
and cultivars). Since you have a lot, maybe try a few plants and see
how they do?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jim Kingdon wrote in
news
i have a lot of perennial phlox (the tall kind that blooms
all summer) in my shade garden. would it be happier
somewhere sunnier or should i just leave it alone?

Depends on the phlox, as I understand it. We have some sun
phlox and some shade phlox, and my books list quite a few
kinds (both species and cultivars). Since you have a lot,
maybe try a few plants and see how they do?

hm. well, it looks *exactly* like the phlox that is gtowing
in full sun on the other side of the house. it does start
blooming a week or so later, but i think that's because the
shade garden warms really late in spring.
is there a good website with different types of phlox photos?
i can't say i've seen any like this in catalogs, but it's
likely old & just reseeding itsself around.
lee
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

I generally like Paul James (really liked his cooking show too). He's down
to earth and you feel like he must do most of his own work.

This reminded me of another interesting cooking show. It's called Cookin' In
Brooklyn (Discovery Home channel).
Laid back, down to earth host...episodes frequently combine gathering
produce from local gardens...and then it's into the kitchen.
The host comes off like the anti-Todd English.
http://tinyurl.com/2wmxsz

Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"AlanG" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

I generally like Paul James (really liked his cooking show too). He's down
to earth and you feel like he must do most of his own work.

This reminded me of another interesting cooking show. It's called Cookin' In
Brooklyn (Discovery Home channel).
Laid back, down to earth host...episodes frequently combine gathering
produce from local gardens...and then it's into the kitchen.
The host comes off like the anti-Todd English.
http://tinyurl.com/2wmxsz

I used to watch Biker Billy.

http://www.bikerbilly.com/

Bill