Old 22-08-2008, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trees and Texas

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:47:54 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

Flush cuts are often the blame.

No dimwit, it's the insect vector and the fungal mat. It effects
trees which were never pruned in their lives. What do you mean by
"often?" What's your experience with oak wilt?

None, but I predict that within one week he will be an "expert" on oak wilt.

Old 22-08-2008, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Flush cuts are often the blame.

No dimwit, it's the insect vector and the fungal mat. It effects
trees which were never pruned in their lives. What do you mean by
"often?" What's your experience with oak wilt?

Flush cuts drain energy from the tree placing it in a predisposition for oak
wilt. Everybody in the tree world is well aware of that.
I guess except you. Flush cuts remove the branch protection zone that
resist the spread of microorganisms into the tree. Again it seems like
Texas trees are different and that does not apply. Or so you would like
people to believe. I would not expect you to understand my fine critic.

When was the last time you dissected a tree with oak wilt? Got some
pictures of the dissections?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 22-08-2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Buderschnookie" wrote in message

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message

There has been some work done in GA (I think) trenching between infected
and uninfected trees as a means of preventing root grafts. They've got
some sort of vibrating plow thing that does relatively little damage.

These trees are likely inaccessible by anything as the area is undeveloped
and very hilly, not to mention the cost as there are so many in my woods.
There is no way I could afford it on the scale necessary to get to all the
trees.

BTW these trees have never once been trimmed except by Mother Nature. They
are terribly crowded, but again not by human hands as this area has never
been touched. Some thinning would be a good thing, but I do hate that it
is the oaks I am losing and not the hickories.
But they burn really well

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

When you say thinning are you talking about logging?

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist

Old 22-08-2008, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...
wrote:

Flush cuts are often the blame.

No dimwit, it's the insect vector and the fungal mat. It effects
trees which were never pruned in their lives. What do you mean by
"often?" What's your experience with oak wilt?

None, but I predict that within one week he will be an "expert" on oak
wilt.

Ok Don example of a forester. Show us the pictures of your dissections of
trees with oak wilt.

While your at it

Ok, then, Don Staples. Please provide data specific to Texas that states
that your salvage and restoration work increases the health of a forest
rather
than what I state, which that is that your practice is deforestation.
Please
provide the page and paragraph number where your data can be found stating
that you increase forest health by your salvage and restoration work. You
claim I am a fraud while all along you promote deforestation. You claim to
be a consulting forester. Please consult and provide the data for your
practice.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

Old 22-08-2008, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"Don Staples" wrote in message
news

Don Staples - Consulting Salvage Hog
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

Ok, then, Don Staples. Please provide data specific to Texas that states
that your salvage and restoration increase the health of a forest rather
than what I state which that is your practice id deforestation. Please
provide the page and paragraph number where your data can be found stated
that you increase forest health by your salvage and restoration work.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

Bite me, yard boy, I provide information to professionals, not hacks..

Tell that to the judge!

I rest my case!

Old 22-08-2008, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Forestry

Ok, then, Don Staples. Please provide data specific to Texas that states
that your salvage and restoration work increases the health of a forest
rather
than what I state, which that is that your practice is deforestation.
Please
provide the page and paragraph number where your data can be found stating
that you increase forest health by your salvage and restoration work. You
claim I am a fraud while all along you promote deforestation. You claim to
be a consulting forester. Please consult and provide the data for your
practice.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

Also please define a consulting forester. Your website link is dead!
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm You say what is a
consulting forester. Is that what you claim to be? Why is the link dead
Mr. have all the answers.

Old 22-08-2008, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Link is live, you are the dead wood, weekend yard boy. I respond to
legitimate requests from clients, legitament requests and professionals, not
week end yard boys with an ego problem. What a maroon.

Show us your education, weekend yard boy.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 24-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered User

I shook my head sideways, but not identical reasons, Chang. She referred to the area. In these regions are different trees. Trees require different, if not indifference, treatment of wounds. Depends on the tree and the general area (belt). Within the same region, 8A article, I do not intend to stab wounds in the treatment of primary branches of the same way to the pecan, neem tree, oak, or Ashe juniper. In northeast Texas, there are different trees as well.
Pond Supplies