Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Josh Kalish

Default Planting shrubs in Zone 7b / Atlanta

Hi,

Can anyone here help give me guidance with planting shrubs? My house is in
Atlanta, which I think is zone 7b. The house is fairly shady, and when I
look at books of gardening ideas, I see lots of shrubs that are supposed to
be able to grow there. Among the plants that I would consider planting a
Copper Plant, Ajuga, many different types of Azaleas, Crown of Thorns, man
different Gardenias, Patiens, Impatiens, and Pansies. I'm sure that there
are many other good candidates for adding color and texture to my future
landscape.

My question is this. I'd like to plant by the end of January / middle of
February and have results that are immediate. Can anyone advise what are
the best choices?

Thanks,

Josh

BTW, thanks to all who responded to my question regarding sod.