Old 06-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Cereus-validus

Default MeanSpirited Group

Now we're getting tough talk from MC pussywhip?

Isn't this the day of the week you and that other nobody go skipping off
hand in hand hopping gay bars soliciting for the few social diseases you
still don't have?

If it wasn't for this newsgroup, the two of you would only know about
gardening what you picked up while being gang raped in prison.

"MC" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:23:54 +0000, Cereus-validus wrote:

That's you, MC, the evacuating vacuole!!!

When shit happens, MC just took another dump!

"MC" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:10:03 +0000, Cereus-validus wrote:

Except that you think you are some kind of "Will Rogers" out of

nowhere.

Sorry. I left out commentators of the vacuous.

Get a life.
Your comments are anything but helpful or thoughtful. Are you a compost
heap that has come alive?

Old 06-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Cereus-validus

What's this, phony tough talk from a masochistic nobody that just got out of
prison?

"no one" wrote in message
You a roughneck cowboy?
A homophobic needle dick is more accurate!

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:53:11 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

That's right, we're all a bunk of roughneck cowboys with no time for

prissy
fusspots and their limp wristed garden parties. If you don't like it, we
will run you out of town on a rail.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:09 AM
no one

Hey rowhouse trash, which bar can we find you in? After all you under
endowed rowhouse boys make good bottoms. (perhaps it's your life as a
bottom that makes you so bitter?)

Old 06-03-2004, 05:12 AM
madgardener

Am i the only one that likes newsgroups much better than web forums?
Most of my old favorite newsgroups have been degrading for years, with
most of the members heading off to different web forums.

I find web forums clunky, slow, and in most of the current ones each
thread is one single list of replies without the ability to branch out
at all.

It's too bad.

I have to agree Kevin. I like the forum's but the way they're laid out
is frustrating. Here I can at least see headers and threads and
whatnot. If I want to see what everyone is talking about I have to
open each one and then back out to go to the next one. very time
consuming and I don't have that much time to waste flipping and
flopping about.
madgardener

Old 06-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Nate

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:09:19 -0500, madgardener wrote:

Am i the only one that likes newsgroups much better than web forums?
Most of my old favorite newsgroups have been degrading for years, with
most of the members heading off to different web forums.

I find web forums clunky, slow, and in most of the current ones each
thread is one single list of replies without the ability to branch out
at all.

It's too bad.

I have to agree Kevin. I like the forum's but the way they're laid out
is frustrating. Here I can at least see headers and threads and
whatnot. If I want to see what everyone is talking about I have to
open each one and then back out to go to the next one. very time
consuming and I don't have that much time to waste flipping and
flopping about.
madgardener

I would guess this is more a problem with your news reader than the
individual forum. Try another newsreader or try one with filters.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Frogleg

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:18:33 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:57:15 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:35:06 -0800,
wrote:

I see little point in writing a treatise on, say, growing tomatoes,
when I can suggest a good web site on the subject. Some posters don't
appear to know how to use search engines. It isn't mean-spirited to
suggest how this is done.

Suggesting a good web site on a subject is a good thing to do, and
should be just as good as answering directly. That a great starting
point for a user finding information on their own. Posting a link to
Google is not.

It is amazing, however, how many times searching with the subject
lines in quotes turns up precisely the information the poster was
apparently after. If it's spelled correctly. I admit to being baffled
sometimes with basic queries being too basic. Ex: I often recommend
searching on

plant_name cultivation

and just tried that with 'corn', which turned up a page with few of
the garden tips I had in mind. So I added 'garden' to the end of the
string, and lo, the first page contains a number of appropriate and
useful pointers.

When someone posts "how/when do I apply X?", RTFL is an appropriate
response, 'though some people reply kindly nonetheless. I just don't
reply at all. Some are more contentious. :-)

It wounded me terribly when my parents stopped cutting up my food for
me and made me learn to do it myself, but I got over it (I think). If
I tried and failed, they'd help. But I *had* to try.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:34 PM

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:37:58 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

[...]

As I said google is very useful as a source of information, but for
every search I've done that returned quick and useful replies, there
have been more that take a lot of work wading through the dreck, or
re-entering valid search criteria. Depending on what you're trying to
find you may have just received a long list of people that want to
sell you corn for your garden, garden raised corn for your table, and
tell corny jokes about garden hoses.

When someone posts "how/when do I apply X?", RTFL is an appropriate
response, 'though some people reply kindly nonetheless. I just don't
reply at all. Some are more contentious. :-)

It wounded me terribly when my parents stopped cutting up my food for
me and made me learn to do it myself, but I got over it (I think). If
I tried and failed, they'd help. But I *had* to try.

My parents, and yours probably, showed me how to do it before handing
me a sharp and dangerous implement or telling me to go look in the
knife drawer, but then maybe you're from the Spartan school of child
raising.

Swyck

Old 06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
James

Everything is relative I suppose. Try a political NG for awhile and you'll
be cursing out folks after a little while.

wrote in message

You know, I've been back and forth with this group over the years;
usually lurking, occasionally posting an answer if I have one to
give.

But this year I see the group has become pretty meanspirited.
Everyone directs inquirers to other sources, never giving their
experience, thoughts or whatever, and now including a few snipes like
read the label, look it up, do it yourself, etc. etc. etc.

This sure isn't the group it used to be.

What happened to the friendly people that used to be here? Have they
been driven away?

Yes, I'm out of here.
KS