Old 09-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Roy

Default MeanSpirited Group

Usenet newsgroups are the best form of entertainment going! Much more
than a dog and pony show. I may never learn anything but I sure can
stay entertained. Pick a group, any group, it does not matter they all
are the same!

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:19:29 -0500, ChiaPets
wrote:

===
===
===Cereus-validus wrote:
===
=== Newsgroups are not a .........dog and pony show for your entertainment
===
===Man, you've got that wrong

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 09-03-2004, 03:50 AM

I run a couple email lists cause the newsgroups are not adequate, but both
rec.gardens and rec.ponds are more than wonderful, due completely to the great people
who are here. I dont and wont participate in web forums. like you, I find them slow
and difficult and also exclusionary. Ingrid

kevins_news2 wrote:
Am i the only one that likes newsgroups much better than web forums?
Most of my old favorite newsgroups have been degrading for years, with
most of the members heading off to different web forums.

I find web forums clunky, slow, and in most of the current ones each
thread is one single list of replies without the ability to branch out
at all.

It's too bad.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:32 AM
John Bachman

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:00:57 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

A few years ago, a Japanese ambassador got in trouble for publicly saying
that Americans are lazy and stupid. He was forced to apologize for boasting
that bit of Nippon arrogance.

Compared to most Eastern cultures that would be true but you must also
consider that the Japanese have the highest suicide rate. So they do pay
dearly for being a culture of obsessive workaholics!!!

The Germans are also a work obsessed people.

You need to update your stereotypes. The German economy is in the
tank primarily due to the excess baggage imposed by state and union
rules that give the Germans too much time off. That is why we have
BMW and Mercedes plants in Tennessee. Americans are far more
productive.

John
Old 09-03-2004, 02:12 PM
escapee

Not to mention, many of us have been here for over a decade and have formed
friendships or at the least acquaintances...over the years.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:48:57 GMT, opined:

kevins_news2 wrote:
Am i the only one that likes newsgroups much better than web forums?
Most of my old favorite newsgroups have been degrading for years, with
most of the members heading off to different web forums.

I find web forums clunky, slow, and in most of the current ones each
thread is one single list of replies without the ability to branch out
at all.

It's too bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 09-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Cereus-validus

Sorry Johnboy,

The Germans are far more effective as administrators and planners. They
doled out the grunt work to American companies as a sign of good will not
because Americans are superior workers. It would been far more cost
effective for them to set up manufacturing plants in some Asiatic country
instead of dealing with lazy hillbilly workers stupefied on corn whisky.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:10 PM

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:00:57 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:
This isn't Car Talk, Roadkill. Newsgroups are not a public service or a dog
and pony show for your entertainment nor are they your mother.

Newsgroups are in fact a public service.

Swyck