Old 26-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Doug Kanter

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
du...
Please tell me all the possible meanings you see in this:
"I want to go out when it's dark and smell the moonflowers."

only two obvious ones:
"I want to (go out when it's dark) and (smell the moonflowers.)"
"When it's dark, I want to (go out and smell the moonflowers)."

You rearranged things a bit, but the meaning is still there. Here's the
meaning which is NOT there, no matter how the words are arranged:

"I want to spend an unpredictable, but possibly very inconvenient amount of
time, and possibly money cleaning my shoes and carpets after I've enjoyed a
few minutes outside with the flowers."

And, something implied:
"I do NOT want to spend 5 minutes with a large flashlight, making sure my
lawn's not a minefield on the way to the flowers".

Old 26-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

The vast majority of dogs will run away, based on my experience.

Remember: A
dog that roams is just two steps away from being defined as "ferile".

If you can catch the dog to tie it to the garage door and take the tag
off, then you would be able to tie tin cans around the tail to scare it
off instead. Neighbor's dogs will usually come to me.

Tin cans scare dogs? I'll add that to the list. I just came up with another
creative idea. It might be fun to keep an electric hair trimmer on premises,
just for dogs. If I catch one, I can shave messages in its fur.

"My owner has sex with children!"
"My owner has sex with ME!"
"My owner beats his wife!"

Harmless for the dog, fun for me. For the owner: Priceless! The dog won't
leave the house for at least a month or two.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Doug Kanter" in
:

Here's the
meaning which is NOT there, no matter how the words are arranged:

"I want to spend an unpredictable, but possibly very inconvenient
amount of
time, and possibly money cleaning my shoes and carpets after I've
enjoyed a few minutes outside with the flowers."

And, something implied:
"I do NOT want to spend 5 minutes with a large flashlight, making sure
my
lawn's not a minefield on the way to the flowers".

"i hope to avoid being kidnapped and probed by The Aliens the next time i
venture out after dark"
Old 03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Doug Kanter" in
:

some people (etc)

People kill all sorts of pests without thinking twice. Rats, mice,
mosquitoes, gophers....they're all on someone's list when convenient.
Dogs are at the top of MY list, along with mosquitoes.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Doug Kanter

" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" in
:

Here's the
meaning which is NOT there, no matter how the words are arranged:

"I want to spend an unpredictable, but possibly very inconvenient
amount of
time, and possibly money cleaning my shoes and carpets after I've
enjoyed a few minutes outside with the flowers."

And, something implied:
"I do NOT want to spend 5 minutes with a large flashlight, making sure
my
lawn's not a minefield on the way to the flowers".

"i hope to avoid being kidnapped and probed by The Aliens the next time i
venture out after dark"

Perhaps you should ask an adult to explain the concept of private property.