Old 24-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Phisherman

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:54:37 -0400, Sheila
wrote:

Felice,

When he removes that dog's tag, and calls the dog catcher, the owner
probably won't be notified. If not adopted, the dog will probably be
put to sleep.

If the owner cared enough, they would contact animal control and the
pound to claim their property. There are many dogs shot by farmers
who need to protect their livestock. Feral cats are annoying too, but
not as much as a dog pack. Coyotes are becoming more popular in our
town, and they are stalking dogs contained within a private fence.
Old 24-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Sheila

Felice,

When he removes that dog's tag, and calls the dog catcher, the owner
probably won't be notified. If not adopted, the dog will probably be
put to sleep.

If the owner cared enough, they would contact animal control and the
pound to claim their property. There are many dogs shot by farmers
who need to protect their livestock. Feral cats are annoying too, but
not as much as a dog pack. Coyotes are becoming more popular in our
town, and they are stalking dogs contained within a private fence.

I grew up on a farm and know about neighbor's dogs. Dad would tie tin
cans to the tail of a neighbors dog and send it on it's way. Then he
would call the owner to let him know his dog was on the way home. Dogs
were not really much of a problem.
Old 24-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Sheila

Coyotes would be a real problem.
Old 24-08-2004, 02:14 AM
zxcvbob

The Puppy Wizard wrote:

HOWEDY zxcvbob,

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle
of the garage door, you remove their tags, you call the
dog catcher......ba da bing. Doggy gone. What's so hard
about that?

HOWEdy TPW,

What took you so long?

Best regards, ;-)
Bob

Old 24-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the

garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da

bing.
Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

That's really nasty!

Why is it nasty? I didn't say "hang the dog from the garage door

handle". I
said "tie them", no differently than the owner might tie the dog to one

of
those wire runs in the backyard. You think I should invite the dog in

for a
cocktail while we wait for the animal control truck to arrive?

Read my last post, it's because you removed that dog's tag and the owner
probably will not be found which means the dog most likely will be put
to sleep. It would be fine if you didn't remove the tag. It's not the
animal's fault.
'

Fault is not the issue. The only thing that's important is the physical
reality of the situation. If the owner pays $25.00 and gets their dog back,
it will be out roaming again immediately. Over 20 years of living near dog
owners, I've found this to be true 99% of the time. Paying a fine doesn't
make a bad owner into a good one.

Old 24-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Doug Kanter

"Lisa" wrote in message

Anyway, the best suggestion wins 27 virtual cold beers. :-)

Your dog could WOK here

Oohh......I think we have a winner! :-)

Place beer mug on CD-ROM drawer.

Press:

CTRL-ALT-B for Bud
CTRL-ALT-M for Molson Golden
CTRL-ALT-H for Heinken
CTRL-LeftShift-ALT-Spacebar-F8-RightArrow-^%-LeftArrow-L for whatever light
beer is available at the moment.

Old 24-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Sheila

All my life I have lived near dog owners and never have I ever been
inclined to have one killed because it was an inconvience to me.
Old 24-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message
All my life I have lived near dog owners and never have I ever been
inclined to have one killed because it was an inconvience to me.

Isn't it a great country when two people have have different viewpoints? I
might add also that this is why lawyers spend so much time interviewing
jurors before a trial, to make sure they get the mix they want.

Old 24-08-2004, 03:31 PM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:09:52 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

New house, new yard, new neighborhood, soon to be a massive garden. In my
last 'hood, there were quite a few dog owners to deal with and I went
directly from calm to ballistic with no in between. It worked, but twice,
the police were at my house, ready with handcuffs, until they calmed down
and realized that it's legal tell a dog owner that you'll murder their trash
if they don't control it.

This time, I thought it might be better to begin more quietly. I need to
word a sign perfectly. The target audience is so-called "good dog owners",
the ones who clean up after their trash animals. They're the ones who try
and convince you that even though it's your property, it's OK for them to
stop there. And, I believe that even when the owner picks the stuff up, the
scent is still of interest to other dogs. My initial thought (for small,
tasteful signs) was simply "No Dogs for ANY Reason. Period."

Sounds boring, though, so I'm open to suggestions. The message I really want
to convey is that the guy at this house may or may not be stable. I hope I'm
not, but so far, I am.

A friend suggested this: "All Dogs Will Be Collected and Eaten"

Anyway, the best suggestion wins 27 virtual cold beers. :-)

Why don't you put up a fence?

It'll save you a lot of trouble and grief in the long run.

Hal

Old 24-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote:

[...]

Zoning regulations prevent putting up ENOUGH of a fence to make any
difference. Besides, why should I spend thousands of dollars to compensate
for someone else's lack of consideration?

Old 24-08-2004, 08:04 PM
AussieResc

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that? BRBR

Why are you removing the tags? By doing so you just put the dog in danger of
being euthanized and let the owner who is allowing the dog to roam off the hook
if they never claim their dog.
Pat
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/aussieresc"Aussies in Shelters/A
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/paltm81324"Dakota's Rescue Page/A
Old 24-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Doug Kanter

"AussieResc" wrote in message
Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that? BRBR

Why are you removing the tags? By doing so you just put the dog in danger

of
being euthanized and let the owner who is allowing the dog to roam off the

hook
if they never claim their dog.
Pat
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/aussieresc"Aussies in Shelters/A
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/paltm81324"Dakota's Rescue Page/A

True, but it achieves the goal, doesn't it? The goal is less dogs roaming
the neighborhood. The goal is NOT to put an owner ON the hook, which means
nothing but a $25 fine, about the same as a parking ticket. That achieves
nothing. Paying money does not make someone more considerate of their
neighbors.

Old 25-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Hound Dog

wrote:

[...]

What do your next door neighbors do to discourage dogs from using their
yards at toilets?

Sounds like your yard has some unusual attraction for dog walkers as well as
their animals.

Find out what that attraction is and do away with it, or change it.

Old 25-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Bob H

Anyone who intentionally lets their dog crap or pee in someone elses =
yard regardless of if they intend to clean it up is an idot with no =
repect for other people's property.

Make little "foo-foo" hold it till you're on public property! The =
morons that continue to walk their dogs and let them roam and do their =
"business" on the lawns and mailbox posts of others are totally =
inconsiderate.

I don't let my own dog go in the yard why should I let a strangers?

I don't think any amount of sign writing will get through to these =
dim-wit pet owners, that put little "foo-foo's" bladder and desire above =
common sense.

B H

wrote in message =
: On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:09:52 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
:=20
:
[...]
: Why don't you put up a fence?
:=20
: It'll save you a lot of trouble and grief in the long run.
:=20
: Hal
:=20
: