Old 26-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Sheila in :

I grew up on a farm and know about neighbor's dogs. Dad would tie tin
cans to the tail of a neighbors dog

caught hte dog without being bitten?

and send it on it's way. Then he
would call the owner to let him know his dog was on the way home. Dogs
were not really much of a problem.

maybe xpost the OP to a dog newsgroup

Old 26-08-2004, 01:35 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Crimson Castle" in
:

A $25 dollar fine? Over here in Melbourne Australia - the parking ticket
fine is closer to $50 or $80.

AU$ or US$?

i think out animal control charges more than 25 US

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&q=Second+Impound+Unspayed+%7CUnneutered++fee%7Cfi ne
Old 26-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Doug Kanter" in
:

Isn't it a great country when two people have have different
viewpoints? I might add also that this is why lawyers spend so much
time interviewing jurors before a trial,

to make sure they get the mix
they want.

sometimes wishful thinking :-)
Old 26-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Doug Kanter" in
:

CTRL-ALT-B for Bud
CTRL-ALT-M for Molson Golden
CTRL-ALT-H for Heinken
CTRL-LeftShift-ALT-Spacebar-F8-RightArrow-^%-LeftArrow-L for whatever
light beer is available at the moment.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=40ff4dc3%240%
245644%2461fed72c%40news.rcn.com&rnum=4&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%
26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dmost%2Bexpensive%2Bbeer%2Bauction%2B

Old 26-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Doug Kanter

" wrote in message

Animal control people don't come out at that hour
unless they're dealing with a dangerous animal, so I was left to
handle the situation myself.

what if you can show the dog cops your video?

A neighbor tried that with the original dog catcher, who said it wasn't
valid evidence. This was another factor that led to the cop being
"reoriented" by the town justice. The neighbor actually followed the dog, on
video, and taped it going back into its owner's house. :-)

Ridiculous. By the way, the town justice
finally straightened out the dog catcher, who somehow had gotten a
skewed idea of how to do her job.

well, there's a job avail that GwB might be able to handle.

I wouldn't trust GWB to clean my friggin' toilet correctly.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Doug Kanter

" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" in
:

You're responding to two people at once, but I know that last line was
for me. So, try this. Almost any statement can contain more than one
meaning.

lead.

Please tell me all the possible meanings you see in this:

"I want to go out when it's dark and smell the moonflowers."

the Recombinant Punctuation game!
"I want to! go out when it's dark and smell! the moonflowers...."
"I want to go out! when it's dark... and smell the moonflowers."
"I! want to go out when it's dark and smell the moonflowers?"

Ummm.....no. But thanks for stopping by.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Doug Kanter

" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" in
:

If a dog owner lets its animal roam, the owner CLEARLY intended for
the animal to annoy other people. There's no reason to show
consideration for the owner, who, 99% of the time, will repeat the
crime again.

what about the dog?

People kill all sorts of pests without thinking twice. Rats, mice,
mosquitoes, gophers....they're all on someone's list when convenient. Dogs
are at the top of MY list, along with mosquitoes.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Doug Kanter

" wrote in message
Sheila in :

I grew up on a farm and know about neighbor's dogs. Dad would tie tin
cans to the tail of a neighbors dog

caught hte dog without being bitten?

and send it on it's way. Then he
would call the owner to let him know his dog was on the way home. Dogs
were not really much of a problem.

maybe xpost the OP to a dog newsgroup

No. Everyone in the dog newsgroup is brainwashed, and afflicted with
coprophilia. No straight answers there.

Old 26-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

" wrote:

Sheila in :

I grew up on a farm and know about neighbor's dogs. Dad would tie tin
cans to the tail of a neighbors dog

caught hte dog without being bitten?

Yep, no problem.

The vast majority of dogs will run away, based on my experience. Remember: A
dog that roams is just two steps away from being defined as "ferile".

Old 26-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Doug Kanter

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Your first task is to contact the dog warden and find out exactly what the

law
is in that jurisdiction. In most places it is illegal for owners to walk

their
dogs on your property without your permission. However, if they are

walking
their dogs on the town right-of-way near the street, it's entirely

different.
Sign: how about Uncontrolled Attack Owner.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Been there, done that. The law consists of two main points. First, like most
other places, the first however many feet belongs to the town. Second, no
dumping or damage of any kind is permitted. Reason (per the town justice):
Maintenance is the responsibility of the homeowner, which extends certain
"private usage rights", as he called it. These rights mean that in certain
instances, the law treats the easement as being private property.

Old 26-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Philip Lewis

How about:
This ground may be treated with chemicals which may be harmful to pets.
For their safty, please keep them off the grounds.

--
be safe.
flip

Old 26-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Doug Kanter

That could work. To be sure, I could walk around the lawn with a spreader
full of bird seed, wearing one of those masks you use when spraying
oil-based paint. :-)

du...

Old 26-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Philip Lewis

Please tell me all the possible meanings you see in this:
"I want to go out when it's dark and smell the moonflowers."

only two obvious ones:
"I want to (go out when it's dark) and (smell the moonflowers.)"
"When it's dark, I want to (go out and smell the moonflowers)."

Old 26-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Sheila

The vast majority of dogs will run away, based on my experience. Remember: A
dog that roams is just two steps away from being defined as "ferile".

If you can catch the dog to tie it to the garage door and take the tag
off, then you would be able to tie tin cans around the tail to scare it
off instead. Neighbor's dogs will usually come to me.