Old 23-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Felice Friese

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

By "no dogs, ever...", I'm targeting dogs accompanied by humans who (I
assume) can read. I can deal with the strays myself.

Oh, I'll just bet you can!

Felice

Old 23-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Anonny Moose

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

Put up a fence for god's sake.
Karen

Finally, someone with a reasonable solution to an extremely petty

problem.

Sorry, Karen, but zoning laws in virtually all cities prevent the
construction of a fence where the lawn meets the street.

And might that be because where the lawn meets the street is actually an
easement controlled by the city? Try moving the fence back onto your
property and don't tell me that fences in front yards in "virtually all
cities" are prohibited by zoning laws, cuz it's just not true. And even

if
your city does have such a law, why not consider planting a

dog-unfriendly
hedge of some sort, like barberries or rugosa roses? Certainly a lot

easier
than doing battle with your neighbors to the point where the cops are

called
or posting signs which beg to be ignored or more likely, willfully
disregarded.

Pam, I like barberries, but not 75 of them, which is about what it would
take to line my property's edge. Then, I have to trim them, as well as

deal
with them as I mow. If that happens, the dog owners have stolen TIME from
me, something I have little enough of to begin with.

As far as a "petty issue", when you have to spend 15 minutes cleaning your
shoes, and perhaps the better part of a day shampooing your carpet, that's
not petty. That's a crime.

Next suggestion... get help with your anger issue. You can get meds to help
with this obsession over a minor (yes, petty) problem. If you are daily,
weekly, or even monthly spending a whole 15 minutes cleaning your shoes and
a few hours cleaning the carpet then the time spent trimming a hedge would
be minimal in comparison.
Karen

Old 23-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Doug Kanter

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

[...]

You could get help, ma'am. How can you not see that it's pure, delicious fun
to mess with dog owners? For that matter, *any* segment of the population
that's brainwashed is fun to mess with.

Old 23-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Doug Kanter

"Felice Friese" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

By "no dogs, ever...", I'm targeting dogs accompanied by humans who (I
assume) can read. I can deal with the strays myself.

Oh, I'll just bet you can!

Felice

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing. Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

Old 23-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Doug Kanter

A question just occurred to me: Has a medical professional ever suggested
that you might be afflicted with coprophilia, even just a bit?

Old 23-08-2004, 09:12 PM

There's a sign near me that shows a squatting dog with a red circle and line
over it (no dog poop). Here's a link that shows it as well as others
http://www.petsignsplus.com/1small3x...oporderpg.html
cheers,
Jim

Old 23-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Felice Friese

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Felice Friese" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

By "no dogs, ever...", I'm targeting dogs accompanied by humans who (I
assume) can read. I can deal with the strays myself.

Oh, I'll just bet you can!

Felice

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

Jeez, Doug, that's downright humane. It's not at all how I thought you'd
deal with them

Felice

Old 23-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Doug Kanter

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Felice Friese" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

By "no dogs, ever...", I'm targeting dogs accompanied by humans who

(I
assume) can read. I can deal with the strays myself.

Oh, I'll just bet you can!

Felice

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

Jeez, Doug, that's downright humane. It's not at all how I thought you'd
deal with them

Felice

You've got me pegged well, Felice! If I lived out in the sticks where I knew
a bullet wouldn't hurt people, I'd do what NY state law allows and
assassinate the dogs. :-)

Old 23-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Sheila

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing. Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

That's really nasty!
Old 23-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Sheila

Felice,

When he removes that dog's tag, and calls the dog catcher, the owner
probably won't be notified. If not adopted, the dog will probably be
put to sleep.

Old 23-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

That's really nasty!

Why is it nasty? I didn't say "hang the dog from the garage door handle". I
said "tie them", no differently than the owner might tie the dog to one of
those wire runs in the backyard. You think I should invite the dog in for a
cocktail while we wait for the animal control truck to arrive?

Old 23-08-2004, 10:00 PM
zxcvbob

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy

gone. What's so hard about that?

That's really nasty!

Why is it nasty? I didn't say "hang the dog from the garage door handle". I
said "tie them", no differently than the owner might tie the dog to one of
those wire runs in the backyard. You think I should invite the dog in for a
cocktail while we wait for the animal control truck to arrive?

The "remove the tags" part is nasty, and probably illegal.

Tie the dog up and call the dog catcher; the owner will be fined after
the first offense.

Bob
Old 23-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Doug Kanter

"Sheila" wrote in message
Felice,

When he removes that dog's tag, and calls the dog catcher, the owner
probably won't be notified. If not adopted, the dog will probably be
put to sleep.

If a dog owner lets its animal roam, the owner CLEARLY intended for the
animal to annoy other people. There's no reason to show consideration for
the owner, who, 99% of the time, will repeat the crime again.

Old 23-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Sheila

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Sheila" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

Simple, Felice. You catch 'em, you tie them to the handle of the garage
door, you remove their tags, you call the dog catcher......ba da bing.

Doggy
gone. What's so hard about that?

That's really nasty!

Why is it nasty? I didn't say "hang the dog from the garage door handle". I
said "tie them", no differently than the owner might tie the dog to one of
those wire runs in the backyard. You think I should invite the dog in for a
cocktail while we wait for the animal control truck to arrive?

Read my last post, it's because you removed that dog's tag and the owner
probably will not be found which means the dog most likely will be put
to sleep. It would be fine if you didn't remove the tag. It's not the
animal's fault.
'
Old 23-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Lisa

Anyway, the best suggestion wins 27 virtual cold beers. :-)

Your dog could WOK here