Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2004, 04:34 AM
J Fortuna

Default Who We Are (revisited)

Hey, I just located this thread from November 2001
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ptusnet.com.au
Kye had this idea of asking rgo'ers to introduce themselves a bit. I think
this might be worthwhile to revisit with current posters (and any lurkers
who wish to participate).

Here are Kye's questions and my answers:

Who am I and What Is My Gender?

Joanna, guess

Where am I? Where do I grow?

Alexandria, Virginia (Washington DC area, USA) -- new US Citizen :-)
Windowsills and shelves of one and a half bedroom apartment (northern
exposure with supplemental grow lights)

What do I grow?

11 Phals/Dtps + 1 cochleanthes amazonica

The decade of my age?

30s

How long have I been growing orchids?

It will be 3 years in 2003. Got my first orchid as a wedding gift --
probably would not have gotten as hooked into the hobby if I had not
accidentally decapitated it a couple of weeks later. Remorse was a strong
initial driver. Then a keiki. Then reblooming. And then I became an addict.
I am beginning to feel the craving again ... DC Orchid Fair next weekend,
perfect timing!

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

Getting 5 of my orchids to rebloom or initiate spike under my care so
far, and those that I have had long enough, have rebloomed more than once.
:-)

Miscellanious Info...

I am a Web application developer, working as a contractor for the
federal government (they closed 3 hours early today because of snow/ice). I
tend to get really excited by whatever my main passion of the
hour/day/month/year/decade is (orchids, crocheting, reading, Web searching,
etc.).