Old 24-04-2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.ponds
Digace

Default eggs of some sort

my pond was down a while (couple months) and yesterday I picked up some Koi
from a friend and today there is a "string" of eggs all around the pond and
through the plants. is it possible these are from the Koi or more likely
from frogs?

Old 25-04-2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:48:03 GMT, "Digace" wrote:
my pond was down a while (couple months) and yesterday I picked up some Koi
from a friend and today there is a "string" of eggs all around the pond and
through the plants. is it possible these are from the Koi-Lo or more likely
from frogs?

I think Carol was spawning in your pond dude...better nuke it with
potassium permanganate a few times just to sterilize it.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Old 25-04-2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default eggs of some sort - from koi

"Digace" wrote in message
news
my pond was down a while (couple months) and yesterday I picked up some
Koi from a friend and today there is a "string" of eggs all around the
pond and through the plants. is it possible these are from the Koi or more
likely from frogs?
=================
Koi spray their eggs everywhere as do goldfish. They're not in strings. I
would say they're probably from frogs, toads or newts.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-04-2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:57:31 -0500, "Carol aka Koi-Lo"
wrote:

"Digace" wrote in message
news my pond was down a while (couple months) and yesterday I picked up some
Koi from a friend and today there is a "string" of eggs all around the
pond and through the plants. is it possible these are from the Koi or more
likely from frogs?
=================
Koi spray their eggs everywhere just like I do. They're not in strings. I
would say they're probably from me or maybe, toads or newts.

Old 25-04-2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default I hope Carols hubby knows how to take care of those koi

Resources are too hard to come by for law enforcement agencies to play
games with assholes like Carol and creating problems and uysuing them
as a harrassment tool...........maybe she is gonna be up against one
of those sheriffs deputies or judges that is still sore about the way
the civil war came out, afterall she is nothing but a carpetbagger
from New York.............probably dumped off in Tenn after the
motorcycle gang was finished with her services............and she took
up residence in an outhouse in the hills.

Old 25-04-2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Strings are going to be toads. Frogs have clumps. Have you been hearing
toads sing near your pond? Sounds like crickets on speed.

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 25-04-2006, 04:38 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
.. .
Strings are going to be toads. Frogs have clumps. Have you been hearing
toads sing near your pond? Sounds like crickets on speed.

Jim

======================
I love your pond and that deck. :-) Very nice. As for the stuck koi. I
removed all the milk crates in fear one would get stuck. One small koi got
caught in bird netting I had covered a plant pot with. I freed it but found
it dead a few days later. I now use those cheap plastic tables from
Wal*Mart to keep things off the bottom. My Shubunkins don't get large
enough to get stuck.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-04-2006, 12:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We visited your site. Nice.

Where do you sell your baby koi? Jim has avoided letting ours grow up
unless he has a sales outlet. We just leave the eggs in the pond and the
parents and mosquito fish handle it from there.

Phyllis

Old 25-04-2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Moments before spontaneously combusting Phyllis and Jim Hurley
at was heard opining:

We visited your site. Nice.

Where do you sell your baby koi?

Thank you. Some are sold "word of mouth," and the rest go to stores that
sell fish. One place took over 300 about 2 weeks ago. Selling or giving
away the larger ones has been a slight problem. People want the smaller,
cuter, cheaper ones. Last spring I was lucky as some people on our road put
in a 6,000g pond and took them on trade for a liner.

Jim has avoided letting ours grow up
unless he has a sales outlet. We just leave the eggs in the pond and
the parents and mosquito fish handle it from there.

Those eggs left in our ponds usually end up to be 10 to 15 fingerlings we
remove the following spring. When moving some plants around behind the
house we found about 15 more 3 to 4" koi. They'll be held until the next
batch goes.

Phyllis

Old 25-04-2006, 03:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
NeoTruthSeeker

Koi-Lo wrote:

"Digace" wrote in message
news
my pond was down a while (couple months) and yesterday I picked up
some Koi from a friend and today there is a "string" of eggs all
around the pond and through the plants. is it possible these are from
the Koi or more likely from frogs?

Koi spray their eggs everywhere as do goldfish. They're not in
strings. I would say they're probably from frogs, toads or newts.

you being an all around liar... the above might be a lie as well. Go away