Old 01-02-2003, 02:41 AM
TerryinTexas7

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

I've never seen a pond with netting over it, but doesn't it look kind of,
ah, ugly?

Joe

Well Aaaah no take a look at this
picture
these people covered the whole pond area
with an arbor
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7e31ac26044a48
d82/fe1b5014.jpg
TerryinTexas
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292208749

Old 01-02-2003, 03:50 AM
Nedra

Fringe, I know exactly what you mean about the
Jacuzzi heater. Pond water is at 34 degrees F.
It was a horribly cold January! Glad to see
February happen.
Our air temps are supposed to be 50 degrees
tomorrow. I don't know when I've so looked
forward to spring.

Nedra in Missouri

"Fringe Ryder" wrote in message
Based on the religious here, I will probably try BZT (and koi clay too)
this spring.

Having fallen in both my ponds this year, I know what the bottoms are

like.
Mine don't need vacuuming yet. But a good jacuzzi heater would be a
winner.

"Nedra" sez:
Don't have either a skimmer or a bottom drain,
Fringe. I do use BZT faithfully and will vacuum
the bottom this spring

Nedra

"Fringe Ryder" wrote in message
.. .
"BenignVanilla" sez:
My current plan does not include a skimmer. Do you think I'll regret

it?

I'm in the minority apparently. I don't have a skimmer. You can see

my
pond pics at http://www.fringeweb.com/Ponds/kc/MyPond.html

If you could put one in easily, do it. But if you can't, it's not

going
destroy the pond.

And no, I don't have a bottom drain either.

Old 01-02-2003, 04:28 AM
jammer

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:50:54 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Fringe, I know exactly what you mean about the
Jacuzzi heater. Pond water is at 34 degrees F.
It was a horribly cold January! Glad to see
February happen.
Our air temps are supposed to be 50 degrees
tomorrow. I don't know when I've so looked
forward to spring.

I checked the temp of the jacuzzi today. 44 degrees. I suspect the
pond is about the same. Some time next month i will get some vitamin
inhanced GF food for thier first spring.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 01-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Nedra

Now that's an idea I haven't thought of ... Vitamin
Enhanced Koi Food. Hmmm - I usually
get Sho Koi or something similar. Your temps
sound really good. I wont be feeding my guys
and gals until the water warms up to 55 and stays
there. Have no idea when that will be .. Where
are you located??

Nedra in Missouri

Old 01-02-2003, 05:44 AM
jammer

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 05:20:37 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Now that's an idea I haven't thought of ... Vitamin
Enhanced Koi Food. Hmmm - I usually
get Sho Koi or something similar. Your temps
sound really good. I wont be feeding my guys
and gals until the water warms up to 55 and stays
there. Have no idea when that will be .. Where
are you located??

I am in north central Texas. I don't know if there is such a thing as
vitamin enhanced GF food, i am just thinking they will be hungry and
since they are months old they could maybe use a good start. I don't
expect to be able to hand train them, but i sure would enjoy having
pet fish instead of just skeeter eaters.

jammer

Old 01-02-2003, 11:10 PM

no... http://puregold.aquaria.net/ponds/pond1.html
6th and 7th picture down, no aluminum posts anymore either. Ingrid

joe wrote:

. design the pond with netting