Old 12-10-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fighting Ring this Way

"Sacha" wrote
" wrote:
Sue wrote:
"Des Higgins" wrote
The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod
family at least.

Cod psychology.

That pun is out of plaice in a thread on garden fighting.

Ah, but Cod moves in mysterious ways.
--
Sacha

This whole thread is turning into a red herring........
Jenny

Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
" wrote:
Sue wrote:
"Des Higgins" wrote
The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod
family at least.

Cod psychology.

That pun is out of plaice in a thread on garden fighting.

Ah, but Cod moves in mysterious ways.
--
Sacha

This whole thread is turning into a red herring........
Jenny

Fishy remark. Should I take the bait? Will I end up in deep water - swimming
with the sharks?

Q) Why didn't the lobster share his food with the others?
A) Because he is shellfish.

Do you like my pun or is it a damp squid? ( I'm fishing for a compliment)

Wow! The puns must have been really bad - Billy the fish has just got off
his plaque on the wall, put his fins in his ears and left, riding away on my
bicycle.
--
David in surrealist mode.
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk

Old 12-10-2006, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Des
Higgins writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 12/10/06 11:05, in article
, "Des Higgins"
wrote:

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 12/10/06 10:07, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.

I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing a
few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

A sandwich short of a picnic..
A penny short of a shilling.....
"a sausage short of a barbecue

A bicycle short of a surrealist convention

Lobster.

That presumably is the post-modern, content free punchline to the standard
surrealist joke in Devon.
In Dublin it used to be:

Man walks into a bakery and asks for a loaf of bread.
Baker asks: white or brown?
man says: it's ok; I left my bicycle outside.

The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod family
at least.

Mornington Crescent?

(I'll get my coat).
--
June Hughes

Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:52:41 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

"Sacha" wrote
" wrote:
Sue wrote:
"Des Higgins" wrote
The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod
family at least.

Cod psychology.

That pun is out of plaice in a thread on garden fighting.

Ah, but Cod moves in mysterious ways.
--
Sacha

This whole thread is turning into a red herring........
Jenny

Happy dace are here again

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 12-10-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from ®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ contains these words:

Happy dace are here again

Speak for your elvers.

Janet
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/06 21:08, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
" wrote:
Sue wrote:
[...]

Yes, but did the Lobster go with him?

Old 12-10-2006, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/06 21:36, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Des
Higgins writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 12/10/06 11:05, in article
, "Des Higgins"

"Sacha" wrote in message

[...]

Ooooooooooh - that's a *really* wicked one!

Old 13-10-2006, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote
"Sacha" wrote
Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's

missing
a few Fridays", which is a really weird one.

Somewhere I heard "a few canapés short of a banquet" which I liked!

I like that one too!

One of my favourite expressions for an ugly person is "head like a
seagoing tadpole".

I do like Aussie-isms.

Have you heard the one for the vulgar/lying/profane - "a gobb like a
robber's dog"?

Old 13-10-2006, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a

troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that

is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

Such perception!

Not at all, just obvious. You can't leave well enough alone.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

) Takes one to know one, hey mate!

Clearly you haven't noticed. You are no-one's mate.

Old 13-10-2006, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy"

Fishy remark. Should I take the bait? Will I end up in deep water -
swimming with the sharks?

Q) Why didn't the lobster share his food with the others?
A) Because he is shellfish.

You asked for it.........................

Which fish can perform operations?
A Sturgeon!

Where do little fishes go every morning?
To plaice school!

What fish goes up the river at 100mph?
A motor pike!

How could the dolphin afford to buy a house?
He prawned everything!

1st kipper: 'Smoking's bad for you'
2nd kipper: 'It's OK, I've been cured'

Jenny

Old 13-10-2006, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
news:452ed20c$0$1456$5a62ac22@per-qv1- One of my favourite expressions
for an ugly person is "head like a
seagoing tadpole".

I do like Aussie-isms.

Have you heard the one for the vulgar/lying/profane - "a gobb like a
robber's dog"?

My favourite two for an ugly person a

1) Face like a sack full of spanners.

2) Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.