Old 11-10-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fighting Ring this Way

wrote:
Quite right too, perfectly understandable {and even OT} but you did
feel able to do so yourself in the news group just up there ^ in the
thread.

g I think this thread's cursed you know ... but quite an eye opener
too.

Isn't it, though. More eyes than you may care for have seen your cheap

bullying threats to Judith.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
wrote:
Quite right too, perfectly understandable {and even OT} but you did
feel able to do so yourself in the news group just up there ^ in the
thread.

g I think this thread's cursed you know ... but quite an eye opener
too.

Isn't it, though. More eyes than you may care for have seen your cheap

bullying threats to Judith.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

On 10/10/06 18:00, in article
. com, "La Puce"

wrote:

Philippe Gautier wrote:
Funny, I tried the nematodes without any success in my garden and
concluded that it was too damp and cold!!!

Was it in spring? Because that's when you ought to do it. Twice at 3
weeks intervals.

snip

Very misleading indeed.

One *starts* applying it in spring when the ground has reached a temp
of
above 5°C or 40°F. You can use nematodes outdoors between mid March
and
October. It can/should then be used continually, every SIX WEEKS
throughout
the year. It's also a good idea to apply it in autumn before the slugs
lay
their eggs. You need to use it for 2 to 3 years before seeing the
full
benefits but it certainly does work.
However, if you apply it only in spring and only twice at 3 weekly
intervals, of course it won't work.
For vine weevil, we apply it in April and October and we don't have
vine
weevil.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/06 18:00, in article
. com, "La Puce"
Philippe Gautier wrote:
[...]

"La Puce" wrote in message

oups.com...

Philippe Gautier wrote:
Funny, I tried the nematodes without any success in my garden and
concluded that it was too damp and cold!!!

Was it in spring? Because that's when you ought to do it. Twice at 3
weeks intervals. You will see the results the following years by seeing
less or none of the tiny little black slugs. I'm looking forward to
next spring to give my experiment a scoring point (cross fingers ;o)

Tu es francais?

At the risk of being verbally abused and physically assaulted by you I
must
point out serious errors in your post.
The nematodes will only survive above 5C. The time for application is
when
you can guarantee that below 5C is not likely at nights or daytime.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/06 17:07, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

One *starts* applying it in spring when the ground has reached a temp
of
above 5°C or 40°F. snip

At the risk of being verbally abused and physically assaulted by you I
must
point out serious errors in your post.
The nematodes will only survive above 5C. The time for application is
when
you can guarantee that below 5C is not likely at nights or daytime.

No wonder you send people such appalling gardening advice. You simply are
too lazy to read properly. I said that the ground needs to have reached a
temperature of 5C. The GROUND, Puce, The GROUND.
We use these things here. My husband was one of the earliest pioneers of
biological controls in this country. Please do not try to tell me that
URBED in Manchester, as represented by its office clerk knows more than he
does. I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.
Please do tell us when I have threatened to assault you either verbally or
physically? Firstly, it would be impossible to assault you verbally, given
the filth that pours from your own mouth and secondly, I wouldn't soil a
sterilised bargepole by physical proximity to you.
I fear very much that you are responsible for some truly awful things
happening in others' gardens!

Old 11-10-2006, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:

At the risk of being verbally abused and physically assaulted by you I must
point out serious errors in your post.
The nematodes will only survive above 5C. The time for application is when
you can guarantee that below 5C is not likely at nights or daytime.
Applications every 6 weeks (not 3) is the recommended dosage by the
reputable manufacturers. Slugs only have a few months when they are not
active and unfortunately they have plenty of time to build up a significant
population when the nematodes are inactive (i.e. dead).
Your hopes of fewer slugs next year are wishful thinking.
I should add that the use of nematodes in a closed environment (greenhouse)
is a different scenario.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Oh dear:-((

Hubbard really is fighting hard now :-((((

Me thinks she has met her match and is up against some stiff opposition :-((

"Know when you are beat"

Give up Hubbard

Go and organise uk.rec.gardening.moderated and be done with it. Bow out like
a Lady

Mike
Who can see the situation :-)))))

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 11/10/06 17:07, in article
, "La Puce"

Old 11-10-2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
No wonder you send people such appalling gardening advice. You simply are
too lazy to read properly. I said that the ground needs to have reached a
temperature of 5C. The GROUND, Puce, The GROUND.

Bingo! I have started this thread to show you that it's you who cannot
read properly and to show you how agressive you are towards me. It is
Rupert who said the above not me. I took my quotes from the suppliers
of my nematodes which I have used this spring, as many recalls since we
talked about it at long lenghth.

We use these things here. My husband was one of the earliest pioneers of
biological controls in this country. Please do not try to tell me that
URBED in Manchester, as represented by its office clerk knows more than he
does.

I have never said this. I have never talked about your husband. You
constantly talk about your husband and your children and your royalties
etc. I don't. And I'm not a clerk.

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.
Please do tell us when I have threatened to assault you either verbally or
physically?

Err... again, if you can read, it's Rupert who wrote this not me.

Firstly, it would be impossible to assault you verbally, given
the filth that pours from your own mouth and secondly, I wouldn't soil a
sterilised bargepole by physical proximity to you.

The vile pouring out is from you only not me hence sorting out another
thread so we can all see where and when you attack Sacha. For every
time you say nasty things I'll copy them in this thread.

I fear very much that you are responsible for some truly awful things
happening in others' gardens!

I have an RHS2, a Permaculture Design Certificate, I've been accepted
at a landscape garden design course and I've been gardening since I'm
*this* high. Many in this forum are in here to learn and to share. I'm
not sure why you consider me any different. Tell me what are your
gardening qualifications?

I'm not in any competition with you Sacha. You are the one constantly
going bizerk. You look quite mad frankly! But this thread should show
your colours as I am sick and tired to be assaulted by you. Carry on
and it will show in here. Stop and we all will have a nice time. Simple.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have an RHS2, a Permaculture Design Certificate, I've been accepted
at a landscape garden design course and I've been gardening since I'm
*this* high.

Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Hang on here a sec. Sacha goes on about me being 'just a clerk'. I'm
not a clerk for a start. So I tell what I have under my belt in terms
of qualifications I have in horticulture. What are yours and Sacha
then?. However, I'm not boasting, though I'm pretty pleased. I
certainly imagine, and know, that lots of people in this forum are
highly qualified. There is not the point. Though if you are truly
interested here, check me at www.urbed.coop/about once and for all.
Though my website is not yet finished.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

.. Stop and we all will have a nice time. Simple.

Hubbard won't stop. Take it from me. She owns the newsgroup and HAS to have
the last say.

FULL STOP

You mark my words. She will come back time and time again

You see if I am not right. I usually am and she will prove me right again

Mike
Watching

Old 11-10-2006, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast
about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Hang on here a sec. Sacha goes on about me being 'just a clerk'. I'm
not a clerk for a start. So I tell what I have under my belt in terms
of qualifications I have in horticulture. What are yours and Sacha
then?. However, I'm not boasting, though I'm pretty pleased. I
certainly imagine, and know, that lots of people in this forum are
highly qualified. There is not the point. Though if you are truly
interested here, check me at www.urbed.coop/about once and for all.
Though my website is not yet finished.

What I meant was that it is Vulgar to boast about qualifications-so you are
unlikely to get a response from me or anyone else on this point.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11 Oct 2006 11:19:30 -0700, "La Puce" wrote:

I'm not in any competition with you Sacha. You are the one constantly
going bizerk. You look quite mad frankly! But this thread should show
your colours as I am sick and tired to be assaulted by you. Carry on
and it will show in here. Stop and we all will have a nice time. Simple.

Now listen, peasant, don't argue with the owners.
See alt.gossip.royalty (google the archives)
Get sued, stalked, harassed, slandered, black-balled and
shrieked at by the harpies. Know your place, woman.

Nemo

Old 11-10-2006, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
What I meant was that it is Vulgar to boast about qualifications-so you are
unlikely to get a response from me or anyone else on this point.

Giving qualifications isn't vulgar - it is necessary to see whether the
person has the appropriate level of knowledge. As for getting response
from anyone else, that is not for you to decide.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nemo wrote:
On 11 Oct 2006 11:19:30 -0700, "La Puce" wrote:

Now listen, peasant, don't argue with the owners.

SPLUTTER

See alt.gossip.royalty (google the archives)
Get sued, stalked, harassed, slandered, black-balled and
shrieked at by the harpies. Know your place, woman.

Man ... you should have told me before. Very grateful. Kinkyly yours.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
What I meant was that it is Vulgar to boast about qualifications-so you
are
unlikely to get a response from me or anyone else on this point.

Giving qualifications isn't vulgar - it is necessary to see whether the
person has the appropriate level of knowledge. As for getting response
from anyone else, that is not for you to decide.

You have demonstrated so many times that you do not have "the appropriate
level of knowledge " even with the qualifications you claim.
Did you also get a certificate of excellence in swimming.
A less charitable person than me might suggest that your future depends
entirely on riding on the reputation of your spouse.

You may also note that there has not been a stampede of folk wanting to
publish their qualifications, because for this newsgroup that would be
considered "not nice"