Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fighting Ring this Way

Sacha wrote:
Check again in one week's time. I said it is not finished. My site is
incomplete. I have said that when I posted it. We haven't launched it
yet, hence the /about. I might regret this but I thought it would
perhaps bring some sort of understanding. snip

No, you didn't.

yes I did - check post from minutes ago ....

La Puce wrote:
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Hang on here a sec. Sacha goes on about me being 'just a clerk'. I'm
not a clerk for a start. So I tell what I have under my belt in terms
of qualifications I have in horticulture. What are yours and Sacha
then?. However, I'm not boasting, though I'm pretty pleased. I
certainly imagine, and know, that lots of people in this forum are
highly qualified. There is not the point. Though if you are truly
interested here, check me at www.urbed.coop/about once and for all.
Though my website is not yet finished.

You have stated upthread that you started this thread with
the express intention of creating an argument.

No I didnt. I said this would be the thread where the querels could get
cleared out. A fighting chance for all to see clearly and not be mixed
up in interesting discussion. Clearly we're getting there. Slowly, but
surely.

Even you are having trouble
keeping up with yourself.

It's bloody hard I tell you!!!!! Posting, quoting, recopying etc....
You're giving me lots of work but I'm sure we're making progress. I'd
give it a few more days and something is going to happen I can feel it.
For the better I'm sure too.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:

It's bloody hard I tell you!!!!! Posting, quoting, recopying etc....

Part of the confusion on your part is that you are performing all the above
functions wrongly. Take a break and then come back and apologise.

. I'd
give it a few more days and something is going to happen I can feel it.
For the better I'm sure too.

Thanks Puce -you mean you are going to leave (again)

Old 11-10-2006, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 11/10/06 19:19, in article
I feel very sorry for all who have to deal with you but aside from
correcting your more obvious blunders, I will not be one of them.

that is your choice.... but personally I enjoy reading La Puce's posts.
plus she is a northerner (by default) so she stays around..... I hope.

she also has a delightful garden.

I find her replies to be less condescending than yours. maybe that is just
your typing style..... I dunno. although you have given me good advice.

take sides. me? not really

Old 11-10-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
That explains all --This is a newsgroup not a Forum. There are different
standards and protocols--none of which you understand.
Your ignorant behaviour and foul mouthed vulgarity is not appreciated.

Ok. Give me the protocol differences. I'm waiting because you are
perhaps right there. I'm not sure that I know of the different
standards.

Here's your TOS, the terms of service you agreed with Google's usenet
service.

http://groups.google.com/intl/en/goo...f_service.html

(I quote just a few)

" You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and
communications while using the Service and for any consequences thereof.
... By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when
using the Service, you will not:

* defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the
legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;

* post any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or
unlawful Content;

* impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any
author attributions," (end quote)

HTH

Janet

Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Giving qualifications isn't vulgar - it is necessary to see whether the
person has the appropriate level of knowledge.

So, where is the list of your work qualifications on the URBED website?

It's on my resume.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Part of the confusion on your part is that you are performing all the above
functions wrongly. Take a break and then come back and apologise.

Apologise? Why on earth for? I mean every words I write Rupert. Now
what are the differences between a forum and a newsgroup. I'm still
waiting for you to tell me. What are the protocols and standards you
mentioned?

Thanks Puce -you mean you are going to leave (again)

No. I mean we are going to realise that this kind of exchanges lead
nowhere really. There's some personnality clashes, it's obvious. I'm
sure something good will come out of it. Lets at least be hopeful.

Now, let's take the nematodes posts. Why did you reacted in this way?

Old 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast
about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Hang on here a sec. Sacha goes on about me being 'just a clerk'. I'm
not a clerk for a start. So I tell what I have under my belt in terms
of qualifications I have in horticulture. What are yours and Sacha
then?. However, I'm not boasting, though I'm pretty pleased. I
certainly imagine, and know, that lots of people in this forum are
highly qualified. There is not the point. Though if you are truly
interested here, check me at www.urbed.coop/about once and for all.
Though my website is not yet finished.

Personally I don't give a damn what qualifications Sacha has, all I do know
is that she has a lot of experience, and that is enough for me.

Alan

Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
What I meant was that it is Vulgar to boast about qualifications-so you
are
unlikely to get a response from me or anyone else on this point.

Giving qualifications isn't vulgar - it is necessary to see whether the
person has the appropriate level of knowledge. As for getting response
from anyone else, that is not for you to decide.

From my vast experience of working with people with 'qualifications',
generally the people who boast about their 'qualifications', are generally
thick headed, and have no practical experience.

Alan

Old 11-10-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Here comes the other one. My thread is working. One more to go and we
can have a party hat everybody!!

It shows that you are not on the URBED list of Associated Team
Members working on the Irvine Bay project.

Check again in one week's time. I said it is not finished. My site is
incomplete. I have said that when I posted it. We haven't launched it
yet, hence the /about. I might regret this but I thought it would
perhaps bring some sort of understanding. Obviously not.

You can also notice that David is not listed on any projects but two -
obviously he worked on all since he instigated them all. But perhaps
this is now too complicated for you?

Also, that you are not on the URBED list of Directors.

Yes I am. We are all Directors. We're a cooperative. Do you want me to
explain what a cooperative is or perhaps you have pioneered the
cooperative movement in Scotland? Tell us about your horticultural
qualifications Janet or is it just a b&b that you run and just years of
mucking about under a grey sky?

I have, reluctantly, come to the conclusion that:-

!PLONK!

Old 11-10-2006, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
Personally I don't give a damn what qualifications Sacha has, all I do know
is that she has a lot of experience, and that is enough for me.

Fair enough. I don't really want to know really but therefore she has
no need to bring my company into any conversation on the pretext that I
don't know what I am talking about.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
From my vast experience of working with people with 'qualifications',
generally the people who boast about their 'qualifications', are generally
thick headed, and have no practical experience.

I cannot beleive you would say something like this. It's like saying
people therefore don't need education. I'd rather see some stats on
this. Post your proof Alan ;o)

Old 11-10-2006, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
I have, reluctantly, come to the conclusion that:-
!PLONK!

Nobody has asked you for your opinion either.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Space" wrote
(re Sacha)
although you have given me good advice.

Quite. And the point is that Puce keeps getting *her* facts wrong, time
after time, refusing to admit the errors and throwing childish hissy
fits because someone more knowledgeable has corrected her.

And that's the crux of this entire situation.

She's continuously disrupting the whole group and now apparently
bringing in stalker reinforcements (or one reinforcer with several id's
perhaps) to have a go too, like a stream of ants to her most unsavoury
picnic.

One can only wonder at what potential clients of any company or
organisation she's involved with must make of her carryings-on here,
should they check out what's archived. I know what I'd conclude.

--
Sue

Old 12-10-2006, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, La
Puce writes

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Also, that you are not on the URBED list of Directors.

Yes I am. We are all Directors. We're a cooperative. Do you want me to
explain what a cooperative is or perhaps you have pioneered the
cooperative movement in Scotland? Tell us about your horticultural
qualifications Janet or is it just a b&b that you run and just years of
mucking about under a grey sky?

I don't take Janet's posts but have noticed this one in your reply and
shall put in a bit of info and then leave it. I note that you are of
French nationality, a director and also company secretary, having been
appointed to both positions on 13 March, which is when the company was
incorporated. I could also state your address and date of birth if I
had a mind to but I won't) HTH
--
June Hughes
Old 12-10-2006, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message .com, La
Puce writes

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Also, that you are not on the URBED list of Directors.

Yes I am. We are all Directors. We're a cooperative. Do you want me to
explain what a cooperative is or perhaps you have pioneered the
cooperative movement in Scotland? Tell us about your horticultural
qualifications Janet or is it just a b&b that you run and just years of
mucking about under a grey sky?

I don't take Janet's posts but have noticed this one in your reply and
shall put in a bit of info and then leave it. I note that you are of
French nationality, a director and also company secretary, having been
appointed to both positions on 13 March, which is when the company was
incorporated. I could also state your address and date of birth if I had
a mind to but I won't) HTH
--
June Hughes

and?

?

and your homework for today is to dig out the same details about me and my
Company

and a lot of good it will do!!!!!

Mike