Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fighting Ring this Way

In message , Mike
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message .com, La
Puce writes

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Also, that you are not on the URBED list of Directors.

Yes I am. We are all Directors. We're a cooperative. Do you want me to
explain what a cooperative is or perhaps you have pioneered the
cooperative movement in Scotland? Tell us about your horticultural
qualifications Janet or is it just a b&b that you run and just years of
mucking about under a grey sky?

I don't take Janet's posts but have noticed this one in your reply and
shall put in a bit of info and then leave it. I note that you are of
French nationality, a director and also company secretary, having been
appointed to both positions on 13 March, which is when the company was
incorporated. I could also state your address and date of birth if I had
a mind to but I won't) HTH
--
June Hughes

and?

?

and your homework for today is to dig out the same details about me and my
Company

and a lot of good it will do!!!!!

Mike

You would have to tell me the name of your company first and I don't
know your surname. I have no interest in you at all. All I did was to
prove Helene was not lying about being a director.
--
June Hughes
Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.

I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/06 23:27, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Fairly vulgar behaviour Puce and not really qualifications to boast
about.
There are people on this newsgroup who are highly respected
horticulturalists who have never mention their impeccable qualifications

Hang on here a sec. Sacha goes on about me being 'just a clerk'. I'm
not a clerk for a start. So I tell what I have under my belt in terms
of qualifications I have in horticulture. What are yours and Sacha
then?. However, I'm not boasting, though I'm pretty pleased. I
certainly imagine, and know, that lots of people in this forum are
highly qualified. There is not the point. Though if you are truly
interested here, check me at www.urbed.coop/about once and for all.
Though my website is not yet finished.

Personally I don't give a damn what qualifications Sacha has, all I do know
is that she has a lot of experience, and that is enough for me.

I'm grinning at the double entendre in this, Alan but thank you! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-10-2006, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
"La Puce" wrote in message

. Stop and we all will have a nice time. Simple.

Hubbard won't stop. Take it from me.

So what does you have to say about Puce?

Old 12-10-2006, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message

Here comes the other one. My thread is working. One more to go and

we
can have a party hat everybody!!

Just as I thought. Deliberate troublemaking.

Also, that you are not on the URBED list of Directors.

Yes I am. We are all Directors. We're a cooperative.

Snort!

Old 12-10-2006, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/06 10:07, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.

I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing a few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.

I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing a few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

A sandwich short of a picnic..
A penny short of a shilling.....
"a sausage short of a barbecue

Old 12-10-2006, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

I will not be able to believe a word you say - situation normal.

I find it fascinating that for although Puce claims to NOT be a troll
and asks to be left alone, she starts a thread with this title and
then proceeds to keep putting in snippets from other's posts that is
simply guaranteed to keep the arguments going.

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing a
few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

A sandwich short of a picnic..
A penny short of a shilling.....
"a sausage short of a barbecue

A bicycle short of a surrealist convention

Old 12-10-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/06 10:57, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 12/10/06 10:07, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

snip

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing a few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

--

A sandwich short of a picnic..
A penny short of a shilling.....
"a sausage short of a barbecue

I've heard of the first two but not the last! What about a light bulb short
of a chandelier? Only heard that one recently.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 12/10/06 11:05, in article
, "Des Higgins"

"Sacha" wrote in message

[...]

That presumably is the post-modern, content free punchline to the standard
surrealist joke in Devon.
In Dublin it used to be:

Man walks into a bakery and asks for a loaf of bread.
Baker asks: white or brown?
man says: it's ok; I left my bicycle outside.

The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod family
at least.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

A cell short of a Brain (copyright Rup WY)

Old 12-10-2006, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

She short a few kangaroos in the paddock, a few tinnies short of a
party, and hasn't got all her chairs at home.

Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing

a few
Fridays", which is a really weird one.

I like that one. One of my favourite expressions for an ugly person
is "head like a seagoing tadpole".

Old 12-10-2006, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Des Higgins" wrote
The other standard angle is to involve a haddock or member of the cod
family at least.

Cod psychology.

--
Sue

Old 12-10-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote
"Sacha" wrote
Haven't heard those before! The Italian equivalent is "he's missing
a few Fridays", which is a really weird one.

Somewhere I heard "a few canapés short of a banquet" which I liked!

One of my favourite expressions for an ugly person is "head like a
seagoing tadpole".

I do like Aussie-isms.

--
Sue